PizzaMuffinTime

Buying MCC: Disc vs Digital

What are you getting?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What are you getting?

• Disc
    • Digital

So when every minute counts at midnight, what do you prefer, heading out to your country's game store, or do you download at midnight. Now pre downloading is a thing but its for selected games only. So if halo the MCC does not get the pre download what are you going to do?

I am going out to EB games to pick it up and install because my connection sucks ass and will take all morning to download.

Depends, if the game comes out digitally right away for UK, I'll get it there. If not probably a disk.

Is there any downside to getting it digitally if you LAN regularly? Doubt it, just thought I'd ask to make sure.

I'm going old school and waiting at midnight at gamestop for the physical copy. I'll sacrifice the 30 min for the atmosphere of a midnight launch. I'm also trying to convince my gamestop to hold an H2 tournament. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm going old school and waiting at midnight at gamestop for the physical copy. I'll sacrifice the 30 min for the atmosphere of a midnight launch. I'm also trying to convince my gamestop to hold an H2 tournament. 

yeah man its a fun time, i remember halo 4 midnight we all had cans of coke watching Red vs Blue. classic

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like physical copies. Especially when the internet I have is so shit for downloading, physical copies are my best friends in the world of gaming right now

• Upvote (+1) 3

Normally, I'd go for the digital copy, but with Destiny the digital copy won't let me play until 12:01 PDT / 3:01 EDT.  Unless they change that for MCC, I'll stick with the physical copy.

http://majornelson.com/2014/08/28/destiny-xbox-one-now-available-pre-order/

You can also pre-order a digital copy from gamestop and still get the experience if you prefer digital to disc. It's nice to have the disc, but I really like being able to switch to any game at any time without needing to change discs. 

I might just digitally download it because if I can download it early, me and my friends could just hang out and wait for it together because I have the best internet anyway.

Friends and I are going to hang out at each of our places and wait to download the last percent. It's two hours later but we're getting get the day off anyway, so it's whatever.

It will all depend if my gamestop will hold a Tournament or Not, If they are having one i will 100% go to that and wait in line just like i always have for halo BUT if they are not having a tournament i will go with Download all the way .

200.gif

If pre-loading unlocks the game at midnight i will definitely do that.

If not midnight release at my local gamestop with my Halo group.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah man its a fun time, i remember halo 4 midnight we all had cans of coke watching Red vs Blue. classic

That sounds like fun...except I'd have brought Ginger ale soda instead :P

I remember Halo 4s midnight release all too well...Got there to the Gamestop three hours before hand(and that wasnt enough). Then got my place in line..hung out with fellow fans and played a small FFA on Reach (they had a projector and four controllers), and after a while got my copy. Good times :D  I will be attending the Destiny midnight release as far as I know, so that should be even better.

You don't really own digital games imo. Plus technology being technology, you never know when something will stop working.

If MCC gets a digital copy - with pre-load or not, I'll most likely try my luck with an American VPN and attempt to download it three days before the UK launch. It worked with Origin on PC so fingers crossed.

I'm all digital. I wouldn't be able to pick it up until the next day after work anyways, so might as well digitally download it and have it 100% playable when I get home, instead of having to get out of work, get cleaned up, then have to go to the store and buy it. If I didn't work then I'd go buy it at midnight at game stop or something. Digital just works better for me

I like my games like I like my women, in a physical digital optical format. Disc all the way

Disc.

I want to read to open the case and smell the newness and read the manual 40 times over on the way home like I did with Halo 1 and 2.

Disc is where it's at.

I can't remember the last game i bought a game that had one. I used to love doing that as a kid. Getting a new game in town and then reading the book on the way home. Also, the best thing about Halo 4 was the smell of the case 

Getting the disk. Hopefully the gamestop here will do some kind of tournament. Either way the environment is always a lot of fun, and there's not beating opening the case and putting the disk in for the first time.

Digital cause my local game store is in the dangerous ghetto and I don't want to die over a copy of MCC

Exactly right! Remember how the Halo 1 and 2 manuals had all that info about the weapons and enemies? The Halo 2 collectors also had 'Conversations' from the covenant and it had all this extra info. I miss that crap. Nowadays it's like "Have a new weapon skin code" and then the control layout plus warranty.

My word have things changed.

Now these were the GOAT manuals when I was a kid

184e8e8c92.JPG

9c0435ef9a.JPG

• Upvote (+1) 1

takes way too long to get the game, and then get back home compared to downloading it.