Sign in to follow this  
SiggiBH

You Can Pre-Load destiny from Xbox One Riiiiight now

so yeah.. topic says it all.. you can pick 60$ version or an 90$ version.. go crazy :D Soooo soooon that we can play dat Destiny :D

I just purchased mine a few minutes ago on the store. Everything I have been reading up on says that America will be restricted to Midnight time PST of a release while other countries have their copy ready to play midnight their time zone. 

I just purchased mine a few minutes ago on the store. Everything I have been reading up on says that America will be restricted to Midnight time PST of a release while other countries have their copy ready to play midnight their time zone. 

"XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 9/9/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 AM PDT / 3:01 AM EDT ON THE RELEASE DATE."

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Destiny-Pre-Order-Edition/26891737-0c9f-4a66-9ae6-3b76bc04e951#gameDetailsSection

It will unlock for everyone at Midnight PST - there isn't a per-time zone midnight roll out yet.

"XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 9/9/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 AM PDT / 3:01 AM EDT ON THE RELEASE DATE."

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Destiny-Pre-Order-Edition/26891737-0c9f-4a66-9ae6-3b76bc04e951#gameDetailsSection

It will unlock for everyone at Midnight PST - there isn't a per-time zone midnight roll out yet.

Actually, someone showed their purchase from a different country and their quote shows 12:01 BST which is british time, so it's showing different times according to your region in the description for different countries. Now the real question is will changing regions on your box affect this post purchase?

This is from an Australian buddy.

http://imgur.com/vXvwo4O

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might cancel my pre-order from Gamestop and just do this instead, the pre-order bonus ain't nothing special anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might cancel my pre-order from Gamestop and just do this instead, the pre-order bonus ain't nothing special anyways.

The only drawback is the timezone lock for Muricans, other than that, I want the digital version. 

Is the only way to pre-download Destiny is to pre-order it off Xbox? I was hoping if I fully paid for it at Gamestop I would still be able to pre-download it. 

Is the only way to pre-download Destiny is to pre-order it off Xbox? I was hoping if I fully paid for it at Gamestop I would still be able to pre-download it.

If you do gamestop digital download I believe they dont let you get the code to download till like 9AM tuesday. Just go on the gamestop site and check to be sure but I remember it saying that when I looked.

Wait....so If I get a physical copy, do I have to wait until 12AM PST to play?

(I live on the East Coast)

Wait....so If I get a physical copy, do I have to wait until 12AM PST to play?

(I live on the East Coast)

No. You can install it and play it (unless the servers are down for whatever reason). Destiny is an always-online game.

Idk if this is what you mean but you still get the perks and early access to the vanguard when you preload on xbox. Just like a normal preorder.

No. You can install it and play it (unless the servers are down for whatever reason). Destiny is an always-online game.

I hate that so much.

Hmm. Kind of regretting my gamestop preorder. I doubt I'll be able to go to the midnight release at my local gamestop. 

It says in the description on the Xbox dashboard that you can download the game but it will not be playable until 12:01 PDT/ 3:01 AM EDT

If I'm understanding this right that means for my time zone that would be 2 A.M.? I'm kinda bummed about this was looking forward to playing it at 12:01 my time.

It says in the description on the Xbox dashboard that you can download the game but it will not be playable until 12:01 PDT/ 3:01 AM EDT

If I'm understanding this right that means for my time zone that would be 2 A.M.? I'm kinda bummed about this was looking forward to playing it at 12:01 my time.

Where do you live?

Just letting you know, you posted this at 11:10 PM PDT(Western) So if you're 2 hours ahead, then yes you'll have to wait until 2 AM.

Where do you live?

Just letting you know, you posted this at 11:10 PM PDT(Western) So if you're 2 hours ahead, then yes you'll have to wait until 2 AM.

I live in Texas, right now it is 1:12 AM. That kinda blows :(

I live in Texas, right now it is 1:12 AM. That kinda blows :(

Yeah then 2 AM will be when you play... At least you won't have to wait until 3AM like the people on the East Coast xD

If you have work or school the next day, might as well just sleep. If you can call in the day of, go for the all nighter! 

Yeah then 2 AM will be when you play... At least you won't have to wait until 3AM like the people on the East Coast xD

If you have work or school the next day, might as well just sleep. If you can call in the day of, go for the all nighter! 

Luckily I have the day off so I can but even on the days I'm free I struggle to stay up that late. I may just take a nap around 8 P.M. and try to pull an all nighter lol.

Just wondering, what pre-order option is everyone paying for? I honestly haven't kept up with much Destiny news but was kinda interested in getting the $90 edition since it comes with the two expansions, which I'm hoping will be cheaper than buying each separately. I'm praying this is going to be a game I'll want to continue playing even when MCC is out so i'd like to have this option to save a few bucks. 

Anyone else going to Guardian edition or just the standard game?

If you do gamestop digital download I believe they dont let you get the code to download till like 9AM tuesday. Just go on the gamestop site and check to be sure but I remember it saying that when I looked.

I ordered a digital code online with in-store pickup. Went down to GameStop yesterday, explained the situation, and they gave me the codes (really just $ for your MS account) for Destiny and the expansions. Went home and started pre-loading. Downside is, I didn't get the gamestop pre-order bonus, as far as I can tell. I might go down there again today and ask about that.

Luckily I have the day off so I can but even on the days I'm free I struggle to stay up that late. I may just take a nap around 8 P.M. and try to pull an all nighter lol.

Just wondering, what pre-order option is everyone paying for? I honestly haven't kept up with much Destiny news but was kinda interested in getting the $90 edition since it comes with the two expansions, which I'm hoping will be cheaper than buying each separately. I'm praying this is going to be a game I'll want to continue playing even when MCC is out so i'd like to have this option to save a few bucks. 

Anyone else going to Guardian edition or just the standard game?

When I pre-ordered my copy, I got the regular edition because I'm only 17 and don't have the money to buy the $90 one right now, saving for a car.

You do get 2 expansions, one in December 2014, and one in Early 2015.

I decided since it would be a little while, and I'd have some more money then, I'd wait.

The Gamestop flyer does say "Save 5 dollars"

If you haven't pre-ordered it yet, go to Gamestop, you get a Red Sparrow(Vehicle) and it has a higher top speed and better initial acceleration.

By the way, Xbox One of Xbox 360?

If you're on 360, add me, Bhni!

I ordered a digital code online with in-store pickup. Went down to GameStop yesterday, explained the situation, and they gave me the codes (really just $ for your MS account) for Destiny and the expansions. Went home and started pre-loading. Downside is, I didn't get the gamestop pre-order bonus, as far as I can tell. I might go down there again today and ask about that.

Nice yea I would def ask about your pre order bonus though.

When I pre-ordered my copy, I got the regular edition because I'm only 17 and don't have the money to buy the $90 one right now, saving for a car.

You do get 2 expansions, one in December 2014, and one in Early 2015.

I decided since it would be a little while, and I'd have some more money then, I'd wait.

The Gamestop flyer does say "Save 5 dollars"

If you haven't pre-ordered it yet, go to Gamestop, you get a Red Sparrow(Vehicle) and it has a higher top speed and better initial acceleration.

By the way, Xbox One of Xbox 360?

If you're on 360, add me, Bhni!

Speaking of which, if you purchase the 360 version you can also get it on the One for free for a limited time.

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

I would just take advantage of it. You can 'purchase' games (even if they are free) for the One even if you dont own the console and when you do get it (if you do) you can download them.