Scarecrow

Pokemon Discussion Thread

I put like 100 hours into Ruby when it first came out. Haven't bought any Poke game since then. Probably going to get a 3DS XL for XY though. 

Yeah i dont even have a DS or 3ds, So im def thinking about buying a 3ds xl sometime this summer. Def before X and Y come out.

I'm thinking about buying a 3DS specifically for 6th Gen, but also for like... one other game.

I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke run of White because I've never actually beaten it... and I've been bored. For those that don't know, a Nuzlocke run follows two simple rules:

1. You can only catch the first pokemon you encounter per route/zone. I skip duplicates.

2. If your Pokemon faints, you have to release it (or box it) and consider it dead.

Currently grinding my team up to ~Level 20 before the second gym, since I failed to get a Timburr and none of my team can learn Rock Smash. Current team is Patrat, Tympole, Pidove, Purrloin, Munna and Servine. I'm debating whether or not to switch Munna and Pidove out for Woobat and another type, since Woobat can handle Psychic and Flying... but Munna has the second highest power on my team. "/

I have a feeling this is going to be a ******** nostalgia infested thread, but I'll try to post seriously

I'm thinking about buying a 3DS specifically for 6th Gen, but also for like... one other game.

I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke run of White because I've never actually beaten it... and I've been bored. For those that don't know, a Nuzlocke run follows two simple rules:

1. You can only catch the first pokemon you encounter per route/zone. I skip duplicates.

2. If your Pokemon faints, you have to release it (or box it) and consider it dead.

Currently grinding my team up to ~Level 20 before the second gym, since I failed to get a Timburr and none of my team can learn Rock Smash. Current team is Patrat, Tympole, Pidove, Purrloin, Munna and Servine. I'm debating whether or not to switch Munna and Pidove out for Woobat and another type, since Woobat can handle Psychic and Flying... but Munna has the second highest power on my team. "/

I'd say go for it. Against the seemingly popular opinion the games have only gotten better over the years and i imagine the trend will continue and X&Y will be amazing games. The beginning areas of B/W1 are brutal for nuzlockes, stick it out breh.

I have a feeling this is going to be a ******** nostalgia infested thread, but I'll try to post seriously

I'd say go for it. Against the seemingly popular opinion the games have only gotten better over the years and i imagine the trend will continue and X&Y will be amazing games. The beginning areas of B/W1 are brutal for nuzlockes, stick it out breh.

It is. Have you ever noticed the first few trainers you encounter are fucking toddlers? Like the game just tells you to beat up on children before they give you serious trainers.

But I agree. 5th Gen brought animated sprites and made the battles much more entertaining to watch. I just hate how they're failing to keep original designs. I thought everything through 4th Gen was fine and dandy but the new ones are getting weird and just redundant. I also dislike that Black/White didn't give you anything but 5th Gen, for the most part.

I think HeartGold/SoulSilver were the best ones. They really perfected the 'story' of the game, in the sense that I felt after the Elite Four in the originals, it was just a grindfest and the gyms were laughable. They gave you access to almost all of the legendaries and made it so you could catch Pokemon from all 4 generations in the wild, with only a few being Safari exclusives.

I'd kill for a Pokemon MMO, but because Nintendo is so strictly geared towards kids, they'll never do it.

It is. Have you ever noticed the first few trainers you encounter are fucking toddlers? Like the game just tells you to beat up on children before they give you serious trainers.

But I agree. 5th Gen brought animated sprites and made the battles much more entertaining to watch. I just hate how they're failing to keep original designs. I thought everything through 4th Gen was fine and dandy but the new ones are getting weird and just redundant. I also dislike that Black/White didn't give you anything but 5th Gen, for the most part.

I think HeartGold/SoulSilver were the best ones. They really perfected the 'story' of the game, in the sense that I felt after the Elite Four in the originals, it was just a grindfest and the gyms were laughable. They gave you access to almost all of the legendaries and made it so you could catch Pokemon from all 4 generations in the wild, with only a few being Safari exclusives.

I'd kill for a Pokemon MMO, but because Nintendo is so strictly geared towards kids, they'll never do it.

So far every generation has had its fair share of shitty designs, and all have had some amazing ones. I love a fair bit of B/Ws. I do agree with the thing about B/W1 though, was in a way a failed reboot, i still enjoyed the game but i wish there was a higher selection of pokemon available.  As for the Pokemon MMO, it's not an official nintendo release (obviously) but there's a decent fan made MMO running off of the FR/LG engine, All you need is a FR/LG Rom, i'll link to the MMO download.

http://pokemmo.eu/

• Upvote (+1) 1

So far every generation has had its fair share of shitty designs, and all have had some amazing ones. I love a fair bit of B/Ws. I do agree with the thing about B/W1 though, was in a way a failed reboot, i still enjoyed the game but i wish there was a higher selection of pokemon available.  As for the Pokemon MMO, it's not an official nintendo release (obviously) but there's a decent fan made MMO running off of the FR/LG engine, All you need is a FR/LG Rom, i'll link to the MMO download.

http://pokemmo.eu/

Can you message me the rom info?

Of course, being on a Mac, I dunno how well that'd work.

I do so hate that Nintendo isnot more open for other publishers to take over for spinoffs. I think a Pokemon MOBA would be so successful. 

Starting my hunt for a shiny virizion after i take a shower. VIRIZION'S SHINY SPRITE 2GAWGEOUS.

shiny_virizion_by_misha1998-d3hsg0w.png

Who thinks I should get a 3DS just for the new pokemon games?

Or should I just get a ROM and play from my computer...

I'm really not trying to drop to much money, so I think I'm just going to get a ROM...

Any comments?

Not going to be a good 3ds emulator for a looooooooooong time. I think there are some guys working on one but it's pretty shit. Just drop the money on the 3ds, it'll be worth it.

I hope Pancham and Litleo have cool looking evolutions. They usually make bear pokemon evolutions look dumb :(

omg I love this thread

Shout Outs:

1. Cinnabar Island Rare Candy Glitch

2. Using two gameboys and trading yourself every starting pokemon

3. Missing No

4. Gameshark

• Upvote (+1) 2

omg I love this thread

Shout Outs:

1. Cinnabar Island Rare Candy Glitch

2. Using two gameboys and trading yourself every starting pokemon

3. Missing No

4. Gameshark

Honorable Mentions: 

1. Action Replay

2. Oldschool connector cable to trade yourself between 2 gameboys

3. Professor *Insert Tree here* for the hook ups!