Moa

Lockdown (Lockout) is the next Halo 2 Anniversary Map

Played a version in NBNS reach that wasn't that bad. Had Rockets at banshee plat so they weren't just freebees to small, tele changed to 2-way, Camo at needles, and no snipers. Snipers are one of the main things that stagnate that map. I think there was another teleporter that you could use to break setups as well. Slayer on it wasn't completely terrible in the showcase tbh, but ideally, we could have almost anything else. Unfortunately, H2A has 6 maps and 343 thinks they need to make 2 BTB maps. I am honestly just surprised they didn't make all 6 BTB maps and start people with spartan lazers. 

I didn't really like the slayer on the map. Basically everything only went down on small tower. Set up on small tower and nothing else happens on the map, and maybe it was because no one had played the games or the teams weren't that good but watching them set up on tower, control it for 10 seconds, lose it, rinse and repeat seemed kind of boring.

Imagine the last map is a Halo 3 map? I mean CEA had Headlong which was a Halo 2 map and it even used Beaver Creek from Halo 2 if you want to count that. What if the last map is from Halo 3? I can't see Gaurdian sadly since it is too similar to Lockout but maybe Narrows or Construct?

If you really believe that they would do that then I believe the map would have to be Guardian because it is easily the best one in Halo 3, other than The Pit which was just remade in Halo 4. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Library window is there it seems

EDIT: I also observed that the entryways have a jutting out structure similar to the frames that let you jump up to S2 and the like. Not sure if you can really jump off them but atm it looks like it. Snow also seems to deaden the grenade bounce. S2.5 has glass that lets you look under it like in H2 if you wanted to watch top mid from safety. There doesn't appear to be the edge used to make the S2 to S3 jump anymore, and the antenna jump to BR3 seems equally impossible to do on this version though in the last seconds it looks like someone jumps up there. I just can't tell if they stay up there or not because they melee immediately. 

Looks really big, but still amazing because its lockout. 

My only complaint is why have where the ice falls BR 3 but not snipe 3, seems a little unfair even though im assuming theyll be turned off in anything competitive.

It clearly wasn't good enough to solve the stalemate problem. Plus it could be blown off the map for an entirely swordless game of Lockout. Camo in green/bottom blue would be ideal, and a shotty top mid.

Personally I think camo/sword pushing snipe setup would be exciting as hell to both play and watch. And if you don't want it to happen to you, then maybe don't turtle up at snipe and give them camo. It's supposed to change the way the map plays. That's the idea.

Didn't most teams set up on br tower and library in Halo 2? Or maybe I am only thinking of FB's set up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

At least we got this map for the PAX tourney.

a man can only watch so much 'competitive' gameplay on Ascension before he snaps.

Nice! The RED X aren't moving! They are static when the person dies! I knew the previous RED X was a work in progress!  :lol:

Let's go! Next up is medals and voice announcer. Grenade markers/hitmarkers too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you really believe that they would do that then I believe the map would have to be Guardian because it is easily the best one in Halo 3, other than The Pit which was just remade in Halo 4. 

Heretic to be remade instead of Middy  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

If we can get Warlock also we should play H2A competitively instead of classic.

Downvoted for a valid opinion. I agree with you.

The dynamic element above BR3? It's literally irrelevant and nothing I be concerned about. It's basically like a fusion coil. If there's one where you want to walk, shoot it before you walk there. Not that big of a deal. Everyone shoots the fusion coils top gold on Construct before turning the corner toward open without second guessing it. It comes naturally. Shooting ice before going to BR3 will be the same thing.

Retweet

Didn't most teams set up on br tower and library in Halo 2? Or maybe I am only thinking of FB's set up.

BR tower was the more desired set up in most situations. To try and "break" this set-up, the other team would hold snipe tower and blue room. You could nade window from elbow and then push a guy to open ramp, while 2 other guys tried to put shots across the map.

The stalemate was occasionally broken due to Sniper- whether that was because the team holding tower got it and picked up some quick kills, or because the team at BR knew the timer and would send one guy from Library to S3 to get it. Some teams tried to hold empty sniper for as long as possible from BR so they could continue the stand-off for a while.

This is all from a Slayer perspective, Ball changed the map quite a bit. TBH, slayer is a horrible gametype on Lockout and shouldn't be played. I personally think Lockout in general is a piss poor map for competitive play. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

EDIT: I also observed that the entryways have a jutting out structure similar to the frames that let you jump up to S2 and the like. Not sure if you can really jump off them but atm it looks like it. Snow also seems to deaden the grenade bounce. S2.5 has glass that lets you look under it like in H2 if you wanted to watch top mid from safety. There doesn't appear to be the edge used to make the S2 to S3 jump anymore, and the antenna jump to BR3 seems equally impossible to do on this version though in the last seconds it looks like someone jumps up there. I just can't tell if they stay up there or not because they melee immediately. 

The ledge for s2 to s3 is still there, it just isn't as long in this remake.

I think we can agree 

Lockout's falling Ice>Ascension's Shield>Sanctuary's Waterfall 

• Upvote (+1) 5

BR Tower and Sniper Tower were both strong setups. The better one was whichever team had the lead and the sniper.

I saw a lift from bottom library to top library. I'm 100% sure there's a lift there.

EDIT: Nvm, a guy was hidden in the shadows. Now I have to delete my video: LIFT IN LIBRARY RED CIRCLES.

Let's go! Next up is medals and voice announcer. Grenade markers/hitmarkers too.

Ryan, they changed a Sniper model. They can change whatever the heck they want. Is just matter of time, or matter of how much rage we have :IntertLostKappaHere:

@ underline - https://i.imgur.com/WFG961q.jpg

My screenshots are crap quality so you'll probably have to go back into the video to see it (1:20 ish) but those definitely seem to be edges you can jump on.

S2 to S3 does look questionable - https://i.imgur.com/zsxUigO.jpg

Depends on jump height/that "door frame" there. Basically something like this

Also, at your first sentence, are you referring to what the does at 1:12-1:18 ish? hes on the edge while lining up snipe shots and he jumps off it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

<3 falling ice. is it only in that part of the map? S3 campers are more annoying IMO 

• Upvote (+1) 1

S2 to S3 does look questionable - https://i.imgur.com/zsxUigO.jpg

Depends on jump height/that "door frame" there. Basically something like this

Also, at your first sentence, are you referring to what the does at 1:12-1:18 ish? hes on the edge while lining up snipe shots and he jumps off it.

From my perspective, S2 to S3 is possible but in a different way.

There's a small ledge where I'm sure a Spartan can jump there.

LEDGE WHERE A SPARTAN CAN JUMP TO

3nSyHNI.jpg

THE LEDGE IS IN YOUR CHEST/HEAD WITH A NORMAL JUMP

JPuqLg7.jpg

I think you don't even need that ledge at all... you cam jump straight from S2 with the small pillar/cover to S3.

That ledge could be an alternative from TopMid to S3.