Moa

Lockdown (Lockout) is the next Halo 2 Anniversary Map

I'm calling Terminal as last map. This remake looks amazing! Such a better feel than Blackou- oh god just threw up a lil.

I really wish they would remake terminal. Its the perfect BTB map and can do 4v4s as well. However they already went out and said Sanctuary was the only Halo 2 DLC remake map so for another BTB map it would have to be waterworks, burial mounds, or colossus as the final one. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

people are complaining about the map being "too orange".

is 343 being blamed for accurately depicting how sunsets work?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

NICE!!! Glad this is official now...

As good as the map looks though, I was sorta hoping it would've had a brighter look and stayed a little more true to the original aesthetic, but that's just me being picky.

Hoping the dynamic element offers up new movement options...

Can you still head glitch bottom mid window to snipe people S2? :lol: I remember seeing that in GuNShoT's montage and being like "NOOOOO WAYYYY" when I first saw it

I dont understand some people's disdain for Lockout TS, its a good change of pace from Middy/Warlock TS, and I kind of like the set-up style of the map and seeing teams try to break it.

It just needs static weapon spawns and a powerup, and it'd be good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine the last map is a Halo 3 map? I mean CEA had Headlong which was a Halo 2 map and it even used Beaver Creek from Halo 2 if you want to count that. What if the last map is from Halo 3? I can't see Gaurdian sadly since it is too similar to Lockout but maybe Narrows or Construct?

It just needs static weapon spawns and a powerup, and it'd be good.

The sword is the power-up! I would hate to see someone combo sword+camo/OS on snipe tower just saying.

Agree about static weapons if that is possible.

Imagine the last map is a Halo 3 map? I mean CEA had Headlong which was a Halo 2 map and it even used Beaver Creek from Halo 2 if you want to count that. What if the last map is from Halo 3? I can't see Gaurdian sadly since it is too similar to Lockout but maybe Narrows or Construct?

watch your mouth!

The sword is the power-up! I would hate to see someone combo sword+camo/OS on snipe tower just saying.

Agree about static weapons if that is possible.

It clearly wasn't good enough to solve the stalemate problem. Plus it could be blown off the map for an entirely swordless game of Lockout. Camo in green/bottom blue would be ideal, and a shotty top mid.

Personally I think camo/sword pushing snipe setup would be exciting as hell to both play and watch. And if you don't want it to happen to you, then maybe don't turtle up at snipe and give them camo. It's supposed to change the way the map plays. That's the idea.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I hope there's a button in Library that releases toxic gas and kills everyone in Green Room. 

Just don't forget to BR them once or twice...

Easiest kills in Halo history.

I could get on-board with such a curve-ball...  :lol: B)

It doesn't seem all that unlikely either since you'd think they'd save an announcement like that for last too. Like you said, it's happened before with CEA... We'll see.

"a dynamic element that should help counter an entrenched group of enemies."

I think its safe to assume this element will be in the green/shotgun room.

I'm excited to play this at PAX tomorrow!

Those seem like the only two spots where that ever happened in Halo 2. If it was either of those places I feel like it might be a grav lift in green room lifting you back up to bottom center, or a teleporter on elbow going somewhere. I personally think it is going to have something to do with library since we don't see any of it in the picture, and the pictures we do have there isn't really any hint of a dynamic element anywhere.

Out of all the additions they made to the remake maps, this one has to be the biggest cheese of them all.

The dynamic element above BR3? It's literally irrelevant and nothing I be concerned about. It's basically like a fusion coil. If there's one where you want to walk, shoot it before you walk there. Not that big of a deal. Everyone shoots the fusion coils top gold on Construct before turning the corner toward open without second guessing it. It comes naturally. Shooting ice before going to BR3 will be the same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Inb4 a 49-49 TS game at PAX this weekend, and the final kill will be from the dynamic environment (Ice or ice covered rocks) falling above BR3. :bravo:  :ghost:  :goldenboy:  :maven:  While they are casting.

• Upvote (+1) 6