Moa

Lockdown (Lockout) is the next Halo 2 Anniversary Map

I can think of many maps I'd rather see than Lockout.  I never liked it, but fanboys did so I understand why they chose it.

I can say it looks nice.

• Downvote (-1) 6

Real talk tho. The cover on elbow is a great idea. Before, there was just a little pillar to crouch behind. Now the people there have a real push opportunity. 

Right now, possible gametypes to run (decent ones in bold):

Ascension: Slayer/Ball/Hill

Lockout: TS/Ball/Hill

Sanctuary: TS/Flag/Assault

So we have enough to run Bo7s or reset Bo5s.

Lockout EXT instead of KOTH? Could be a nice tweak to keep things fresh.

Well lets look at this: 

Lockout 
Confirmed

Ascension
Confirmed

Midship
Probably wont be in because H5

Ivory Tower
High chance of this being the final map. Only remade once and was the default map on the Halo 2 multiplayer screen. Would be one of the best available maps for competitive play since H2A will fix hill more than likely and it worked for TS in H2 for a while.

Beaver Creek
Deconfirmed

Burial Mounds
Low chance. This map was not super popular, but has never been remade. Wouldn't work for 4v4 so is irrelevant to competitive play.

Colossus
Medium chance. Would be a good choice for competitive play due to the fact that sanctuary is the only symmetric map atm. Can work flag and is a very fun sniper map. Not a super choice, but it would be decent. 

Zanzibar
Confirmed and useless for 4v4. (maybe forgeable)

Coagulation
Confirmed and useless for 4v4. (probably forgeable for custom maps)

Headlong
High chance. It was incredibly popular. Would be irrelevant for competitive play unless forged.

Waterworks
High chance. It was moderately popular and has not been remade.

Foundation
Medium chance. Was quite unpopular and unenjoyable to most. Would work okay for competitive play because of the lack of flag maps atm and it was used in 2005 for slayer. 

Conclusion. Ideally, Foundation, Colossus, or Ivory tower are chosen. Of those the first two are preferable because they are symmetric and support flag. If chosen, hopefully they are altered to actually work at a decent level as they all have major problems atm. 
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I was assuming they wouldn't have EXT, but EXT definitely makes Ascension more viable since it is not a very good map by itself. Lockout could work too though I would like to see one map get EXT and one get Hill in that case.

Well lets look at this:

Lockout

Confirmed

Ascension

Confirmed

Midship

Probably wont be in because H5

Ivory Tower

High chance of this being the final map. Only remade once and was the default map on the Halo 2 multiplayer screen. Would be one of the best available maps for competitive play since H2A will fix hill more than likely and it worked for TS in H2 for a while.

Beaver Creek

Deconfirmed

Burial Mounds

Low chance. This map was not super popular, but has never been remade. Wouldn't work for 4v4 so is irrelevant to competitive play.

Colossus

Medium chance. Would be a good choice for competitive play due to the fact that sanctuary is the only symmetric map atm. Can work flag and is a very fun sniper map. Not a super choice, but it would be decent.

Zanzibar

Confirmed and useless for 4v4. (maybe forgeable)

Coagulation

Confirmed and useless for 4v4. (probably forgeable for custom maps)

Headlong

High chance. It was incredibly popular. Would be irrelevant for competitive play unless forged.

Waterworks

High chance. It was moderately popular and has not been remade.

Foundation

Medium chance. Was quite unpopular and unenjoyable to most. Would work okay for competitive play because of the lack of flag maps atm and it was used in 2005 for slayer.

Conclusion. Ideally, Foundation, Colossus, or Ivory tower are chosen. Of those the first two are preferable because they are symmetric and support flag. If chosen, hopefully they are altered to actually work at a decent level as they all have major problems atm.

If Beaver Creek was deconfirmed because it was in CEA then you can't say Headlong has a high chance of being the last map. It was also remade in CEA.

@@menotyou135 How about a Warlock remake?

If Beaver Creek was deconfirmed because it was in CEA then you can't say Headlong has a high chance of being the last map. It was also remade in CEA.

I thought I saw someone above say DLC was decomfirmed and someone else said BC was deconfirmed. 

Beaver Creek was deconfirmed, not deconfirmed because it was in CEA.

Well, I am pretty sure that most of this saw this coming.  Hopefully we will get to see how this plays at PAX.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought I saw someone above say DLC was decomfirmed and someone else said BC was deconfirmed. 

Halo 2's DLC was deconfirmed.  So were BC and Middy.

Also, Coag is already confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 2's DLC was deconfirmed.  So were BC and Middy.

Also, Coag is already confirmed.

Mannnn I was still pulling out hope for a Turf remake

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you still head glitch bottom mid window to snipe people S2?  :lol: I remember seeing that in GuNShoT's montage and being like "NOOOOO WAYYYY" when I first saw it http://youtu.be/uDcK37IF27M?t=7m16s.

I dont understand some people's disdain for Lockout TS, its a good change of pace from Middy/Warlock TS, and I kind of like the set-up style of the map and seeing teams try to break it.

With 343 announcing that lockout is making its way back I think we can only see Beaver Creek( again)

Or Warlock being the final map.

They already said Beaver Creek will not be remade again as it was just remade in Halo CE Anniversary map pack. I believe waterworks and burial mounds have a very good chance of being the final map. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If 1 plot, then no. The gametype is borderline broken with no sprint. I'd keep hill for Asc/a forge map

As for Lockout slayer, since we pretty much have the H3 BR, something else needs to be put on the map or its stale mate city #camoingreenroom

It seems like as of now the only maps that I could see being the final one are either Burial Mounds, Colossus or Waterworks. I do not believe Headlong because it was remade for HCEA. Also I do think that once MCC kicks off we could see another 4-6 maps being remade as further DLC to the new game. And in that we could see Halo 2 original DLC maps being remade for MCC. Such as Terminal, Warlock, Turf, Desolation, Relic, Containment, or Uplift would be my suggestions. And yes I do notice that 5 out of those 7 I just mentioned are in fact Big scale maps but honestly in my opinion they would be the most suitable for remakes.   

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hoping its not Ivory Tower from a competive pov there is only one game type can be played on IV.

IV-TDM

Warlock TDM/CTF

MIDSHIP- TDM/BOMB/CTF

BEAVER CREEK-TDM/CTF

however mid ship is set for halo 5 and apperently beaver creek is confirmed out.

If we get another competitive ctf map h2a have a chance of being the gtg.

I'm guessing this is where we are at atm

Sanctuary tdm/ctf

Lockout tdm/oddball

Slayer game types should never be played on symmetrical maps. but thats just me.

I actually would like to see Backwash or Gemini.

Are they showing off forge this weekend?

Apparently.

They were showing off Customization at Gamescom and we all know how that went.

They were showing off Customization at Gamescom and we all know how that went.

So ungrateful. They showed that you could switch maps AND gametypes.

Slayer game types should never be played on symmetrical maps. but thats just me.

I actually would like to see Backwash or Gemini.

I would love to see Gemini but never ever ever ever backwash..so baddd. Actually in my opinion Backwash was the ONLY bad Halo 2 map.

• Upvote (+1) 2