Moa

Lockdown (Lockout) is the next Halo 2 Anniversary Map

Slayer game types should never be played on symmetrical maps. but thats just me.

I actually would like to see Backwash or Gemini.

:mellow:

tumblr_m3xd7ghbWW1rvnh6qo1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Moa @@Doju

I'm pretty sure that Dan Ayoub mentioned that they will show off Forge in Pax.

They've been pretty inconsistent in terms of what they say they'll show off and what they do show off.

@@Moa @@Doju

I'm pretty sure that Dan Ayoub mentioned that they will show off Forge in Pax.

They also said they'd talk about Customization at Gamescom - they never did.

Well, in case something happens. Here is his tweet.

"Plans" - to me, that sounds like they'll talk about it during the panel but not extensively go over it and show it. Could be wrong, but they have an Audio guy on the panel and no one specifically about Forge, so I would assume the panel will most likely recap what we've already heard, go over some audio comparing H2 to H2A or whatever and show some Lockout, then Q+A.

So we have ascension lockout zanzibar sanc coag? Did I miss one

Yup, they've announced 5 so far, probably gonna announce the last one at Eurogamer in September. 

"Plans" - to me, that sounds like they'll talk about it during the panel but not extensively go over it and show it. Could be wrong, but they have an Audio guy on the panel and no one specifically about Forge, so I would assume the panel will most likely recap what we've already heard, go over some audio comparing H2 to H2A or whatever and show some Lockout, then Q+A.

Probably. I'm honestly curious about Forge, because this is kind of the first look at Next Gen Forge, but it could be like H4 Forge in H2A. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm just curious about it. Hopefully the Panel is more than talking about it.

Yup, they've announced 5 so far, probably gonna announce the last one at Eurogamer in September. 

Or at the Panel on Saturday ;)

Nah, I think Lockout will be the "reveal map" for PAX then last one at EG. TOO SOON MO.

Nah, I think Lockout will be the "reveal map" for PAX then last one at EG. TOO SOON MO.

Here's hoping they host a bloody panel.

Here's hoping they host a bloody panel.

Or Gamespot will just announce it on fucking Twitter at 9am or something. That works too.

Or Gamespot will just announce it on fucking Twitter at 9am or something. That works too.

No, it doesn't. Stop that crazy talk.

There's no way they would ever announce two maps at the same event. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's no way they would ever announce two maps at the same event. 

Didn't realize they announced Lockout at PAX.

Didn't realize they announced Lockout at PAX.

They kind of did. Lockout wouldn't have been announced today if it wasn't for Pax being tomorrow.

elblow looks pretty useless. will wait to see how it plays at pax though.

You may be a much better Halo 2 player than me but I don't recall elbow ever being useful. In fact, getting to the sniper tower from bottom blue across elbow was close to impossible if good players held it.

This may be a good change actually, now I only hope they got library right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You may be a much better Halo 2 player than me but I don't recall elbow ever being useful. In fact, getting to the sniper tower from bottom blue across elbow was close to impossible if good players held it.

This may be a good change actually, now I only hope they got library right.

Seriously. The change to elbow was so obvious that it's a wonder they didn't do it on Blackout. Hopefully what they did do on Blackout doesn't happen here, but I doubt Max Hoberman would do that. Worst case scenario, it's a forge piece that can be removed. 

On a different note, put me in the camp that doesn't like Team Slayer on this map. 

On a different note, put me in the camp that doesn't like Team Slayer on this map. 

It certainly plays differently from most TS maps. I feel it needs Camo or something to make people move and not just set up base at BR tower/Snipe tower. I think they should keep Shotgun and Sword in as I felt they were nice additions to break set-ups and provided more depth to just BR/Snipe cross map shooting.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm calling Terminal as last map. This remake looks amazing! Such a better feel than Blackou- oh god just threw up a lil.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm guessing the twist to this map is there a man cannon on elbow you can kinda see and where the window use to be on top mid looks like a shield door you can jump through.  I could be wrong but so far that's all I noticed.

It's going to be a large map. There are 3 small-ish maps and 2 large-ish maps atm.

Placing my bet on Terminal. Who doesn't want to see that train run at 60 fps?

idk dude they want the eSports capabilities. 

I'm calling Terminal as last map. This remake looks amazing! Such a better feel than Blackou- oh god just threw up a lil.

Probably Waterworks. 

2638789-pax-2014-halo-2-anniversary-lock

tumblr_liorekLYMy1qitfwho1_400.gif

These are the same things as on Abandon. New enemy type?