Junior

Forge Map Testing Episode 2

Hey guys, Episode 2 of Community Forge Testing is complete! After a long week of working and thinking, we've tweaked a couple things. If you have any suggestions please feel free to post a reply! Changes are as follows:

1. ALL players will be able to be heard from the beginning of the testing
  2. Map names with Forgers names and overview at the bottom
  3. Uploaded video will be broken down into pieces (Each map gameplay will be a different video and the in depth breakdown will have links in description to when we talk about each map)
  4. (comment YOUR suggestion to see it on the list)

Also, here is a Map List of all that was went over:

1. Select by Secret
  2. Outlaw Beta V2 by Noooooch
  3. Rubble by Hahkarazy / Sitristahl
  4. Epsilon V3.5 by Resivore
  5. Stronghold by Fated Fire

So, we're going LIVE HERE tomorrow at around 8:00-8:30 PM (CST) so be sure to get any suggestions in before tomorrow! I'm doing all of this to help the forgers and please the viewers, so it's you guys' suggestions that I need the most! Thanks for checkin this out and you can find episode one on HERE and episode two HERE to make references to individual changes. <3

p.s. I will be changing all of the information as I get updates on the show, so be sure to stay checking in ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fated Fire's map = the sanctuary inspired one, Stronghold?

There are two different maps of his that we were thinking of testing, but haven't decided which one yet. I'll get the name of the one before we stream tonight, but I'll try and find them before for sure.

Fated Fire's map = the sanctuary inspired one, Stronghold?

Yes, we are going over Stronghold at the end.

I suggest getting the names right, it's secretschnitzel not secret, also fated fire not faded fire :p

but great job other than that ! :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I suggest getting the names right, it's secretschnitzel not secret, also fated fire not faded fire :P

but great job other than that ! :)

I put that asym map back on my fs with spawns and weapon placement. Im still very unsure if that is an ideal layout, its hard to tell how the map will play out

I put that asym map back on my fs with spawns and weapon placement. Im still very unsure if that is an ideal layout, its hard to tell how the map will play out

I'll take a look at it when I'm back home, that'll be tomorrow though.

I'll take a look at it when I'm back home, that'll be tomorrow though.

Cool. Map is a style that I love, asym, verticality, different sections of the map. Ive got snipe/rocks in opposite corners, though I think they maybe should be swapped around. Ive lazily put OS top mid to renforce that part of the map as the power position.

Id actually reccomend playing 4/5 games without any power weapons/OS, and put initial spawns in opposite corners. Let the map play out naturally first and not let weapons force movement, then once you locate the power positions, place weapons away from them.

The bottom mid lift to top mid is inconsistent.

You got rid of the rib type things on Dammy :(

Cool. Map is a style that I love, asym, verticality, different sections of the map. Ive got snipe/rocks in opposite corners, though I think they maybe should be swapped around. Ive lazily put OS top mid to renforce that part of the map as the power position.

Id actually reccomend playing 4/5 games without any power weapons/OS, and put initial spawns in opposite corners. Let the map play out naturally first and not let weapons force movement, then once you locate the power positions, place weapons away from them.

The bottom mid lift to top mid is inconsistent.

You got rid of the rib type things on Dammy :(

Yeah that lift is pretty much impossible to make it 100% consistent.

Also I got 2 different dammy maps, I just didnt really like the one with the ribs on em. So I made a different one, I could still give the old one to you if you want it. ;)

Yeah that lift is pretty much impossible to make it 100% consistent.

Also I got 2 different dammy maps, I just didnt really like the one with the ribs on em. So I made a different one, I could still give the old one to you if you want it. ;)

I like both, but im a raging Dammy fanboy and liked the nod to the original design.

I might look at it from a 1s/2 perspective, the community wouldnt embrace a map of that style for 4s I imagine.

Hey guys, Episode 2 of Community Forge Testing is complete! After a long week of working and thinking, we've tweaked a couple things. If you have any suggestions please feel free to post a reply! Changes are as follows:

1. ALL players will be able to be heard from the beginning of the testing
  2. Map names with Forgers names and overview at the bottom
  3. Uploaded video will be broken down into pieces (Each map gameplay will be a different video and the in depth breakdown will have links in description to when we talk about each map)
  4. (comment YOUR suggestion to see it on the list)

Also, here is a Map List of all that was went over:

1. Select by Secret
  2. Outlaw Beta V2 by Noooooch
  3. Rubble by Hahkarazy / Sitristahl
  4. Epsilon V3.5 by Resivore
  5. Stronghold by Faded Fire

So, we're going LIVE HERE tomorrow at around 8:00-8:30 PM (CST) so be sure to get any suggestions in before tomorrow! I'm doing all of this to help the forgers and please the viewers, so it's you guys' suggestions that I need the most! Thanks for checkin this out and you can find episode one on HERE and episode two HERE to make references to individual changes. <3

p.s. I will be changing all of the information as I get updates on the show, so be sure to stay checking in ;)

Can we do a 2 v 2 episode next week?

Yes, we are going over Stronghold at the end.

Thanks Redemption and Junior for selecting Stronghold for the stream last night. If you don't mind, it would be cool if you could keep Stronghold off your fileshare for now. The version we played the last two nights is a test that currently only runs CTF. Once I post Stronghold on BE and upload it to my fileshare, you are welcome to host it on yours as well. 

Also, get wrecked :P

[media=600x500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94xsb-cSfvc[/media]

Can we do a 2 v 2 episode next week?

Quited possibly! That's something worth talking over, but I know we have a lot of 4v4 maps we need to catch up on :/

Thanks Redemption and Junior for selecting Stronghold for the stream last night. If you don't mind, it would be cool if you could keep Stronghold off your fileshare for now. The version we played the last two nights is a test that currently only runs CTF. Once I post Stronghold on BE and upload it to my fileshare, you are welcome to host it on yours as well. 

Also, get wrecked :P

[media=600x500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94xsb-cSfvc[/media]

LOL yeah, I guess I could take that off. Thanks for letting up show the map on stream and I've changed the Author name on YouTube to the correct one :)  

I blame last night on unbalanced teams XD

I've got a few maps I'm working on right now. One of which I feel is the best map I've ever made. 4v4 CTF,Slayer, Extract. The name is Emissary. I'll put it in my fileshare when I get every type set up. It's currently on ready for 4v4 Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've got a few maps I'm working on right now. One of which I feel is the best map I've ever made. 4v4 CTF,Slayer, Extract. The name is Emissary. I'll put it in my fileshare when I get every type set up. It's currently on ready for 4v4 Slayer.

let me get online to take a gander, I can assist you with posting if need be. my GT is Redemption1272

• Upvote (+1) 1

let me get online to take a gander, I can assist you with posting if need be. my GT is Redemption1272

Alright! my GT is ItzYahtzeeTime. It's in my fileshare but it isn't named in it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1