Sign in to follow this  
WarLord

Halo 2 (XBC) vs Halo 2 Vista

51 members have voted

1. 1. XBC OR PC

• XBC
    • PC

PC feels smoother than a baby's bottom.

Then again I have boss Internet with a better rig.

(Don't forget Dedicated servers and using your X1 controller)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Vista is better but i think XBC has better players on it

• Upvote (+1) 2

you'll be more prepared with pc because you can use xbox one controller, with bumper jumper, with 1080p and 60fps if your computer is good enough, all of which are in MCC.

I tried xbc and i think its fine, i just can't deal with the terrible resolution and columbian hosts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

more fun: xbc. competitive games come by way easier, the hit registration is actually better, and every1 has access to a chat and PM system.

better practice: h2v has the benefit of the xbone controller but that doesnt mean ur getting the best practice, just better aiming practice. I don't like vista because it literally is just so much hassle. got to deal with games for windows live, got to spend 6hours on xboxsupport to refund ur family gold membership b/c it doesn't work for h2v, not halo2xbox, got to deal with getting a proper key, and apparently h2v supports 60+frames/s so thats why button combos don't work well; so i got to download another software to limit my frames to 60. just too much hassle compared to just downloading a program on your computer

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 2 Vista has improved a lot in game quality lately as I've seen at least 1 team game going and multiple FFAs going. That being said XBC still has more going for it competitively.

I find it easier to BXR/BXB on H2V while I struggle with double shot, and its just the opposite for XBC.

Playing with an Xbox one controller is okay, might get you better prepared for MCC, but I prefer using my 360 controller while I can.

Hit registration has improved a lot with whatever mods are used in the H2V MLG servers. Higher glowing shields and what not. That being said there is still a good majority of the time when people just eat bullets. I'd give the advantage to XBC here.

XBC is much more of a hassle to get set up and find a game. It's even a bigger pain to stream/record. Not everything is post content is XBC and I get just as many games that I cannot simply join for whatever reason as I do in H2V.

Kind of a toss up for me. I've been Lanning H2 and playing a lot of H2V lately.

pc looks better but plays worse

xbc looks worse but plays better

xbc

Well said. I agree! 

I find it much harder to doubleshoot in Halo2 Vista. Does anybody know or can anybody guess what Doubleshooting is going to be like in the Master Chief Collection? Like in the original Halo 2 or like in Halo 2 Vista?

Unlike the Xbox version, the Vista version will be seen on the MCC untouched. The only thing that will be miss on the Xbox version is super jumping. If you want to get a closer experience to what Halo 2 will be like on the MCC, go with the PC for now.

I find it much harder to doubleshoot in Halo2 Vista. Does anybody know or can anybody guess what Doubleshooting is going to be like in the Master Chief Collection? Like in the original Halo 2 or like in Halo 2 Vista?

I believe there are no button combos on MCC :(

I believe there are no button combos on MCC :(

There are 2 versions of Halo 2 multiplayer. Vista (Has the button combos), and the modified anniversary H2 Multiplayer (doesn't have button combos).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doubleshot hasnt been to hard for me on H2V personally, but yes halo2 classic will have the glitches... h2 anniversary will not as far as I know

The beatdown system on PC is Horendous, as compared to XBC. Also this might just be me but on the pc the gameplay feels alot more slower.

The beatdown system on PC is Horendous, as compared to XBC. Also this might just be me but on the pc the gameplay feels alot more slower.

Not only you - the gameplay does run slower and the field of vision is a lot different. 

XBC feels more organic and nostalgic.

PC looks pretty and has 60 fps, plus you can map bumper jumper which is cool.

...I still prefer XBC