Sign in to follow this  
Rippon

Astro MixAmp 2012 Help

So anyways I need some help on my MixAmp. I had the MixAmp hooked up via USB to my PC and the optical cable hooked up to my Xbox and for awhile I had no problems what so ever then randomly not sure how or why it happened people started to hear kinda of a loud buzzing noise so I took the USB and plugged it back to my Xbox and it fixed it. When I slide the game/voice knob to Voice I can hear a slight buzzing, it's not loud at all which I would think that is normal? But in-game voice when I talk the voice icon stays on... I hoping someone has been through this and knows what to do on how to fix it. I've done the battery thing to try to de-static it or whatever and that didn't work. 

If there is anymore questions needed to help me fix this issue please post away.

Have you updated the mixamp?  Instructions are on the Astro forums. It could also be the connection between your plug/headset.  Being that you have the 2012 I'm not sure if yours is hardwired or if its able to be disconnected.  On mines you can unplug the headset itself so theres no wires hanging from it but there has been issues with the connection on the headset.

@@iTz 26 Mitch. Get out   :kappa:

@@msnjah As I know there isn't firmware for it? I did download the latest firmware before and it said it didn't detect my MixAmp even though my computer said "Astro Mixamp USB" also I was thinking of redoing my connections/wires. Where you plugin the headset you can pull out the plug if that is what you are meaning also.

Weird that your wouldn't update.  I guess the 2012 headset the plug is hardwired.  On mines theres a plug on the mixamp and on the headset and the headset port/plug/whatever is what was causing the static.  Not sure for you.  Maybe try making sure your optical and power aren't running along side the xbox power cord as that could cause a static sound as well.