Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Halo: The Return

I'm 23 years old, bro and been around a long time too. Don't assume shit just because you're old as fuck. So don't come at me with the mature bullshit. MLG did not help Halo at all with some of the shady shit they did. Period.

You're not mature if you haven't figured out that you can't make people do shit they don't want to do. Ever heard the phrase you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink? What's all this shady stuff you're talking about? Have you heard of CPL? I'm sure you're familiar with AGL. MLG paid immediately, hooked up pros with sponsorships and exposure, gave huge contracts, etc. No league has ever done anything in the same stratosphere as mlg for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You're not mature if you haven't figured out that you can't make people do shit they don't want to do. Ever heard the phrase you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink? What's all this shady stuff you're talking about? Have you heard of CPL? I'm sure you're familiar with AGL. MLG paid immediately, hooked up pros with sponsorships and exposure, gave huge contracts, etc. No league has ever done anything in the same stratosphere as mlg for Halo.

Not the point man. Not the point. It's not about payouts. I know all about CPL's bullshit and AGL was a joke to begin with. 

Not the point man. Not the point. It's not about payouts. I know all about CPL's bullshit and AGL was a joke to begin with.

So spit it out.

So spit it out.

Well you kind of pointed it out. MLG had the pros suck their tits. Now, is that a bad thing? No, obviously not. Is too much a bad thing? Yes. When SC2 cam in they told MLG to to get off their D*&&k when it came to wearing sponsors on their jersey's, ect.

The bigger problem was MLG shut down event holder after event holder. They pulled all the attention to MLG and the only real event they covered outside of their own organization was the LAN Network but what threat did they pose to Halo's audience for MLG?

I know for a fact MLG told pros they couldn't play at their events anymore if they went to a select few events. I mean if you're a pro player what are you going to do? Go to the smaller event with less money and keep your dignity, or go where the money is at? Yes, MLG gifted players like T2, Walshy, and the Ogres with a nice fat check that changed their lives, but what about all the other "pros"? 

And once Reach came out and the fires started to burn the home of Halo, there was no "Foundation" left to re-build on ( if you catch my drift. )

We need to lay a foundation with ourselves before we suck tits dry again. 

But this is getting out of hand. If you want to talk about this stuff PM me. You might actually be interested in what I have to say. 

Let people enjoy the video. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well you kind of pointed it out. MLG had the pros suck their tits. Now, is that a bad thing? No, obviously not. Is too much a bad thing? Yes. When SC2 cam in they told MLG to to get off their D*&&k when it came to wearing sponsors on their jersey's, ect.

The bigger problem was MLG shut down event holder after event holder. They pulled all the attention to MLG and the only real event they covered outside of their own organization was the LAN Network but what threat did they pose to Halo's audience for MLG?

I know for a fact MLG told pros they couldn't play at their events anymore if they went to a select few events. I mean if you're a pro player what are you going to do? Go to the smaller event with less money and keep your dignity, or go where the money is at? Yes, MLG gifted players like T2, Walshy, and the Ogres with a nice fat check that changed their lives, but what about all the other "pros"?

And once Reach came out and the fires started to burn the home of Halo, there was no "Foundation" left to re-build on ( if you catch my drift. )

We need to lay a foundation with ourselves before we suck tits dry again.

But this is getting out of hand. If you want to talk about this stuff PM me. You might actually be interested in what I have to say.

Let people enjoy the video.

Totally agree with pros needing to set a foundation so they don't have to rely on MLG. Just not sure they or anyone else is willing to risks their own money and time trying that with halo. It's probably always just going to be a fun hobby that only 5-10 kids a year are making 50k at and the rest will be breaking the bank just to attend events. Until the viewership massively increases, which it could with halo tv and twitch, there's just not much money in it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That was the best crasturbation session ive had in a while

The video was too beautiful. The hype is real. I'm so happy we've got numerous leagues running tournaments

I'm 23 years old, bro and been around a long time too. Don't assume shit just because you're old as fuck. So don't come at me with the mature bullshit. MLG did not help Halo at all with some of the shady shit they did. Period.

And like Hizel said, we don't need to worry about that shit. The Halo community needs to take care of themselves first outside of big events. Even the 343 events.

You were 11 years old when halo CE came out so 14 during MLG 2004. Many halo CE pros did not continue onto Halo 2 because halo 2 was inferior to Halo CE. So what did MLG do? Made a business decision and features halo 2. If they didn't some other company would have come along. Some former CE pros adapted to halo 2.

If anyone made halo competitive, it was the Ogres.

You were 11 years old when halo CE came out so 14 during MLG 2004. Many halo CE pros did not continue onto Halo 2 because halo 2 was inferior to Halo CE. So what did MLG do? Made a business decision and features halo 2. If they didn't some other company would have come along. Some former CE pros adapted to halo 2.

If anyone made halo competitive, it was the Ogres.

Cool story, bro. 

I've watched this like 10 times already. Great shit Snipe. #ConfirmedToBeBack

I'm watching it at least twice a week. Gets me insanely hyped every single time. Seriously better than any trailer, 343 should ask Snipe to do a real trailer for h5.

I'm just going to bump this for new members and for the hype train.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel every time people get aboard the hype train nowadays, they end up disappointed.

I really hope halo 5 can take off and really bring back the community. makes me want that so bad after watching that video again!