Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Halo: The Return

Hey saucey on the UGC show today you guys talked about how Halo 2A is indicative of what Halo 5 will look like.

I'd like to point out that Certain Affinity made the maps for H2A, whereas 343i are making the maps for H5 (possibly with help from CA, who knows, but 343 will be designing them). So I don't think H5 will look like H2A at all. Same goes for "dynamic events". I don't think they'll necessarily be part of H5, they were a CA invention.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember when I said I wish there would be more Halo videos like the Smash video I posted a little while ago?

Fuck that, make more videos like this. Fantastic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lost my chub at H4 clips.

For what it was, that grand final between Ace and Pistola was a fucking nail biter and amazing. 

The entire Global Championship was pretty rad. Sure, sprint detracted from that, but the entire experience was glorious. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sweet.Baby.Jesus..

D=====3~~~

Who was the guy talking about competitive Halo in the back ground?

Sundance and former vVv head up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all seriousness, the 11th of November will be the end of these slow 4 years since Reach. :D

Seriously this. These 4 years have been such a bore for me gaming wise without a good Halo to play. I can't wait to get back into it. There's just so many things you can do in a Halo game. (as long as it's made right!) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Games like League and dota have their appeal, but I will always enjoy some fast-paced competitive Arena FPS action and rooting for my favorite Halo players/teams whom I have known for years, I cant wait to have that back with Halo  :)

Its pretty amazing that alot of those pros/players shown in those old-school clips are still involved with the community or will be coming back with the MCC come November(yes even Ogre 1!). It just goes to show how rich in history the Halo scene is, and that even though competitive Halo may have been dormant for awhile, the comp scene will be leading the resurgence for Halo MP come November.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That SUNDANCE interview is from at least 2 years ago now. Halo was on the table then, then it died and was buried. I hope it comes back, but I'm cautious. There's such a long way to go to build the level of tournaments, teams, players and infrastructure that was there. MLG apparently never made money with Halo even at it's height and 343i isn't a tournament company, so it should be interesting to see if MLG steps back in to lead the charge with Halo because if they don't, they might lose out to another organization.

• Upvote (+1) 2