Moa

Halo 2 Anniversary PAX Prime Showdown Discussion

I left my stream open :), gotta show that support, watching rebroadcast now, looks really smooth in 60 fps

Should have done that myself ;''} Hate twitch vods so I'll watch the finals on youtube.

Guy's, I hate to be the one to say it, but we're not back yet. MCC hasn't released yet and until it's released and we know it's good and we get a solid online presence, we ain't back yet.

Plus, H5 beta which, in my opinion, is bigger than MCC. H5 is literally our only hope to regain to presence we once had in the competitive gaming scene.

Yeh that's the truth.

It's a promising start though. 27k on the viewers side might not seem like much but it's growth from the previous tournament and beats all the numbers we've had for the past couple of years. With the confirmation that there will be another event before release you should think we'll be able to keep gaining momentum moving into the release of the game. Even with ~20k consistently watching events you can maintain a decent scene so long as we're able to direct efforts towards funding, acknowledging sponsors e.t.c.

Should have done that myself ;''} Hate twitch vods so I'll watch the finals on youtube.

Yeh that's the truth.

It's a promising start though. 27k on the viewers side might not seem like much but it's growth from the previous tournament and beats all the numbers we've had for the past couple of years. With the confirmation that there will be another event before release you should think we'll be able to keep gaining momentum moving into the release of the game. Even with ~20k consistently watching events you can maintain a decent scene so long as we're able to direct efforts towards funding, acknowledging sponsors e.t.c.

I think this weekend was a success overall, minus the few downfalls due to streaming issues.

With that being said, I think another tournament before release would be great. I also think it would be great to get all new teams and players as well. I'd still watch if it was the same teams but I think it'd be more fun and potentially better to have more OG players and players from the past few years as well.

Speaking of tournaments, I like this small style type of tournament. I think if it's done correctly, we could have one every other month until H5 release and potentially have one large event right before H5 is released. Could potentially help build hype and a bigger following.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope you all enjoyed the show this weekend. It was awesome to see such high level play literally two feet away from me. Thanks for tuning in. :)

For those unfamiliar, Tashi was running mainstage all weekend long, good stuff.

also thank you for this!

ib7vfcmuOp77c.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope you all enjoyed the show this weekend. It was awesome to see such high level play literally two feet away from me. Thanks for tuning in. :)

It was great minus the obvious issues.

Thanks for putting in the work.

OG FB for life but Godsquad was also amazing

I love the OG FB team and Godsquad. They had stacked players for their respective times. I wouldn't call one better than the other

Edit: Also Instinct had a few bad series but so did FB. Didn't you remember them losing to Str8, a brand new team at the time. They weren't infallible by any means 

I think they put all doubts to rest by really baring down and practicing after that event, and not dropping a game at 07 nats. The new formation of that 07' Str8 squad was definitely a foreshadowing of what would come in 08' though.

FB when they were playing "bad" were a top 2 team(as Walshy said after 07' nats), when they were playing their best they were practically unbeatable.

Am I the only who really really liked the layout of the stream? with the score of the teams and the names of the players? Specially in the finals?

Pretty easy to understand who was playing, for what team, which color of the team was and the score of the series. 

Am I the only who really really liked the layout of the stream? with the score of the teams and the names of the players? Specially in the finals?

Pretty easy to understand who was playing, for what team, which color of the team was and the score of the series. 

Yeah, gotta give props to 343 for the overlay/graphics on the stream. I believe Lenox was doing the stream stuff over the weekend and he did an excellent job as always. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope they do another tournament as well. If its closer to launch id expect there to be less bugs and also the more gametypes. Maybe assault and oddball could make appearances. Would also like to see more teams in the tourney than the small number we got. Maybe like 32 teams and they all have to qualify or something. Hopefully more pros go to it as well.

I wish strongsides snipe from s2 on lockout where he didn't even look past the wall but got the headshot on another player would've been on this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Our very own @@Unyshek and Team USA will be facing eXcellence next.

Prayers.

USA holding their own and @@Unyshek with the team nades on Lockout game 1!

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2