Moa

Halo 2 Anniversary PAX Prime Showdown Discussion

Strongside 07' was incredible. I remember at multiple events and LAN's he would crush even the other FB members at FFA/1v1. Just watch his POV in 07' Nationals(Sanc slayer+Middy especially) and you will see he was barely missing a shot. He was essentially the Karma of 06' for FB. Him and Ogre 2 led FB in slaying so many events that year.

As for dominance+chemistry as a team it doesn't come close for me. Instinct was one kill away from being upset by Classic, and had a few "bad events". FB would dominate teams like no other team has ever done. "We charge because we cant lose!" was not a joke it was REAL back then. 

I know he was incredible. I've watched a shit ton of his gameplay for years. You don't have to convince me. But I just think Roy on Instinct was better, and for a longer period of time. In fact, Pistola on FB and Instinct was better than Strongside in 07.

Walshy in 07 though was a machine. He could do anything. If there was a Grandmaster Title of Halo 2, he'd be it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't see a h2 team forming that could take og2 pistola snipedown and strongside. They would have so much firepower if they could get their teamwork down they would be scary. Besides 07 carbon and 07 FB. I'm sure a tteamthay could challenge them would form though there's so many good players out there coming back.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OGRES>Roybox

H2 Walshy> Reach Pistola

07' Side>Roy as a pure slayer

(Yes I know Sayain was great on FB in 05/06 before he got into WoW)

Both great squads, but there is only one OG FInal Boss.

OG FB for life but Godsquad was also amazing

I love the OG FB team and Godsquad. They had stacked players for their respective times. I wouldn't call one better than the other

Edit: Also Instinct had a few bad series but so did FB. Didn't you remember them losing to Str8, a brand new team at the time. They weren't infallible by any means 

Feel bad for Naded. SS and Pistola are two of my favorites so I'm happy to see them win, especially SS. 

Interested to see how teams stack up when we actually do get a tournament going (I guess we still have to find out which game we're playing but I think it will either be H2 or H2A).

Nothing against Ace, but I can see OG2 joining that three of eX (unless there's something with sponsors forbidding).

I would like to see Naded and Legit stick together. Who they partner with? Not entirely sure...Formal still playing or is he full time CoD now?

I know Roy/LBX were pretty much retired a few months ago, any word on them since all this hype?  

After this I can't imagine we will be playing anything other than H2A. Dev support man... Not to mention it plays well, has some new dynamics and looks phenomenal.

• Downvote (-1) 1

After this I can't imagine we will be playing anything other than H2A. Dev support man... Not to mention it plays well, has some new dynamics and looks phenomenal.

yeah once they launch the game I hope some more DLC maps come out for H2A and it would be great for them to reduce that screen shaking a bit and remove the grenade indicator. Everything else looked pretty solid. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

yeah once they launch the game I hope some more DLC maps come out for H2A and it would be great for them to reduce that screen shaking a bit and remove the grenade indicator. Everything else looked pretty solid. 

Yeah, I like the screen shake, but agree it could be toned down a little. I don't mind the grenade thing either way though I do wonder if they could tie the hitmarkers in with radar so that you can toggle it off for competitive play. I have no doubt they will see profit for coming out with some more maps, but even if not I think this game has a ton of potential on circuit and I can't wait to play it myself. I was one of those just waiting waiting for classic H2, but this tourney has me really looking forward to the H2A experience.

Also, nice avatar. Love Mad Max.

Yeah, I like the screen shake, but agree it could be toned down a little. I don't mind the grenade thing either way though I do wonder if they could tie the hitmarkers in with radar so that you can toggle it off for competitive play. I have no doubt they will see profit for coming out with some more maps, but even if not I think this game has a ton of potential on circuit and I can't wait to play it myself. I was one of those just waiting waiting for classic H2, but this tourney has me really looking forward to the H2A experience.

Also, nice avatar. Love Mad Max.

Yeah mad max is the best! I'm really hoping to see Warlock, Terminal, Desolation, Colossus and Gemini added maybe a month or two after the game releases and I'd even be excited if 343 considered putting some Halo 3 maps into H2A because honestly I think some of the Halo 3 maps would do quite well with these new physics and such that make up the H2A engine/play style. Specifically Guardian and Citadel for competitive choices.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would just like to give Kudos to VWS for giving us a great final to watch. One of the more exciting I've seen and I've been watching them since '06  49-49 in a ts is always a treat I think Austin's bullet was passing the other guys for the final kill. In the end Excellence was just the better team.

quoting Quinn DelHoyo @imikwen played out of his mind. Keep it up dude #reachkid

I'm proud of Austin and to be honest I am usually more critical of him than most but they made no huge mistakes against excellence in the finals they were just losing too many individual battles. Having said that Mikwen played at a whole new level.

• Upvote (+1) 3

pardon my ignorance, but who is che chou?

Franchise Media Manager @ 343

He tweeted about the PAX tourney weeks before it was announce. Dude is cool as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 2

TCM are no joke.

They aren't even close to being as good as the other invited teams.

fa00972c_jay-z-rap-disgusted-6bb61e3b7bc

So TCM came 4th place over all with a close 3-2 loss to VWS and beaten by TD respectively. I think they proved that they can "hang" with the big boys.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No fucking invites. Just do a 100k 4v4 and whoever wants to go can go.

Can we wait at least a couple months after everyones had a fair chance at practice?

No fucking invites. Just do a 100k 4v4 and whoever wants to go can go.

You put in the money and sure.

EDIT; also gratz America for stepping up while EU was in bed. 27k was beyond my expectations.

So TCM came 4th place over all with a close 3-2 loss to VWS and beaten by TD respectively. I think they proved that they can "hang" with the big boys.

None of the invited teams are actually teams, TCM played well but they had more h2a experience and that build of h2a is a poor competitive title

What is strafing ? Blood shots? Trades? Nade shakes ?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

None of the invited teams are actually teams, TCM played well but they had more h2a experience and that build of h2a is a poor competitive title

What is strafing ? Blood shots? Trades? Nade shakes ?

They aren't even close to being as good as the other invited teams.

So now they're not teams? Face it, you expected them to get completely stomped (which they didn't), hence your initial post, now you're back tracking.

So now they're not teams? Face it, you expected them to get completely stomped (which they didn't), hence your initial post, now you're back tracking.

ex gaming is comprised of optic halo teammates ace, snipedown, and pistola, strong side is the coach and hasn't been gaming a whole lot

ace hasn't been gaming a whole lot, snipedown has been playing cod, and no one really knows what pistola does 

flamesword is the 4th for optic halo

the only real members of VWS are mikwen and goofy, naded and legit filled in

and you got TD, heinz and lethul stream h3 together, hysteria plays h2v and apparently fearitself didnt play halo for a few years before this event, they used to team together years ago not so much lately

and DH, lol

TCM played well but again, this build of h2a is very rough, TCM has more h2a experience, and  it was the first time these NA "teams" have really played this game

i'm not backtracking, the guys aren't nearly as good as the proven NA pros

i also didn't expect the game to be nerf football halo 2 either

You put in the money and sure.

EDIT; also gratz America for stepping up while EU was in bed. 27k was beyond my expectations.

I left my stream open :), gotta show that support, watching rebroadcast now, looks really smooth in 60 fps

Guy's, I hate to be the one to say it, but we're not back yet. MCC hasn't released yet and until it's released and we know it's good and we get a solid online presence, we ain't back yet.

Plus, H5 beta which, in my opinion, is bigger than MCC. H5 is literally our only hope to regain to presence we once had in the competitive gaming scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4