Moa

Halo 2 Anniversary PAX Prime Showdown Discussion

Edited your post to embed. Just post the link without a hyperlink.

Thank you, sir.

Exactly this was a small tourney without much advertising and at 3 weeks short notice.

Baring that in mind it's impressive that it broke 20k viewers let alone 27k!.

If MLG picked this up or even 343 doing regular big events that are properly advertised (people knowing about it months in advance) so that teams have time to practice and form. With the addition of a higher prize pool easily 40-50k+ imo maybe more than that.   :D

You also have to remember Halo's active MP population is like the lowest its ever been right now, there is no Halo even in the top 15 on XBL. Just wait until the MCC drops, sells 8+million copies, and we have hundreds of thousands of active players again and everyone is streaming it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The reason I LOVE competitive Halo is because I feel like the players truly control the game. You can sense at all times the importance of positioning and team awareness. For a pre-release build tournament, this exceeded my expectations. ESL did a great job making due with what they had and all the casters were excellent.

2015 and beyond is looking very, very good for competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You also have to remember Halo's active MP population is like the lowest its ever been right now, there is no Halo even in the top 15 on XBL. Just wait until the MCC drops, sells 8+million copies, and we have hundreds of thousands of active players again and everyone is streaming it.

Here's hoping :D

It's so refreshing to see the Halo back in our Halo games after what we've had to deal with since Sept. 2010...

"Halo" is trending on Twitter Worldwide. This was a great weekend to say the least, for all of us.

You sure? Last I checked it wasn't even trending US. You gotta click the "Change" button to turn off Tailored Trends, or it'll show you what it thinks you want to see.

1943acfd18.png

You sure? Last I checked it wasn't even trending US. You gotta click the "Change" button to turn off Tailored Trends, or it'll show you what it thinks you want to see.

1943acfd18.png

Rechecked my twitter trends, you're right. I used to have my Twitter trends set to worldwide, don't know what happened. Whatever.

I wish every lockout TS game was replaced by Ascension TS.

This. It actually played better and was great to watch.

can this finally be the game where when it becomes mathematically impossible for a team to come back in koth or ball that the game just ends

so anti climactic to sit there and watch the last minute on the stream while people quit playing and the crowd tries to figure out when to cheer and the commentators try to figure out how to call the game

Yes please. It is pointless for them to continue.

This. It actually played better and was great to watch.

Ironic. Our initial reaction towards the map was: That map is garbage who cares, we got H2OG.

And the map is quite intense in TS, imagine some objectives in that map.

https://twitter.com/mcstrongside/status/506241850009612288#

As a long time FB fan since MLG on USA network, this makes me happy :lol:

Would love to see the unstoppable 07' duo Ogre 2+Side bring back the greatest Halo team ever :)

I def hope the ex team minus ace add in og2 forms if the og2, og1, walshy, strongside version of final boss doesn't get back together. I would love to see how FB would do with even more teams trying to take them down.

Ascension needs a new weapon set and it will be a lot better.

The Sudds were able to use the energy shield and OS to nearly mount a comeback, there just needs to be a Camo 1 sniper only.

I def hope the ex team minus ace add in og2 forms if the og2, og1, walshy, strongside version of final boss doesn't get back together. I would love to see how FB would do with even more teams trying to take them down.

Ogre 1 will be competing with the team he played with Reach Immunity in the MCC, it sucks that he's in Aussie land now or I have no doubt he and Ogre 2 would strongly consider reconnecting in the games they were literal gods in(Top 1/2 every event+undefeated in 2v2's as a duo)..

Walshy has tweeted he will be casting/playing but not competing, but he will be involved in the scene which is awesome regardless.

I dont think there will be "more teams trying to take them down" H2 sold out like every event/had more events than any other Halo and was on national television, but the pro players have been playing 4v4 Halo much longer now so maybe it could be just as competitive or close to it.

I dont think any team could ever replace the OG H2 Final Boss, but I think Ogre 2, Side, Ola, Naded/Snipedown would definitely be worthy of the name.

Ogre 1 will be competing with the team he played with Reach Immunity in the MCC, it sucks that he's in Aussie land now or I have no doubt he and Ogre 2 would strongly consider reconnecting in the games they were literal gods in(Top 1/2 every event+undefeated in 2v2's as a duo)..

Walshy has tweeted he will be casting/playing but not competing, but he will be involved in the scene which is awesome regardless.

I dont think there will be "more teams trying to take them down" H2 sold out like every event/had more events than any other Halo and was on national television, but the pro players have been playing 4v4 Halo much longer now so maybe it could be just as competitive or close to it.

I dont think any team could ever replace the OG H2 Final Boss, but I think Ogre 2, Side, Ola, Naded/Snipedown would definitely be worthy of the name.

4861-width800_height400_fittrue.jpg

Final Boss of its time

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lethul with the fake overkill has gotta be one of the highlights of the tourney.

can this finally be the game where when it becomes mathematically impossible for a team to come back in koth or ball that the game just ends

so anti climactic to sit there and watch the last minute on the stream while people quit playing and the crowd tries to figure out when to cheer and the commentators try to figure out how to call the game

Agreed

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lethul with the fake overkill has gotta be one of the highlights of the tourney.

is there a gif of this yet? :D
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4861-width800_height400_fittrue.jpg

Final Boss of its time

OGRES>Roybox

H2 Walshy> Reach Pistola

07' Side>Roy as a pure slayer

(Yes I know Sayain was great on FB in 05/06 before he got into WoW)

Both great squads, but there is only one OG FInal Boss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OGRES>Roybox

H2 Walshy> Reach Pistola

07' Side>Roy as a pure slayer

(Yes I know Sayain was great on FB in 05/06 before he got into WoW)

Both great squads, but there is only one OG FInal Boss.

Agree with the first two, but despite the fact that 07 Strongside was a beast, I think Roy on Instinct was better than Side was on FB. Not by much but I think Roy was just that good those last couple of years he played.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agree with the first two, but despite the fact that 07 Strongside was a beast, I think Roy on Instinct was better than Side was on FB. Not by much but I think Roy was just that good those last couple of years he played.

Strongside 07' was incredible. I remember at multiple events and LAN's he would crush even the other FB members at FFA/1v1. Just watch his POV in 07' Nationals(Sanc slayer+Middy especially) and you will see he was barely missing a shot. He was essentially the Karma of 06' for FB. Him and Ogre 2 led FB in slaying so many events that year.

As for dominance+chemistry as a team it doesn't come close for me. Instinct was one kill away from being upset by Classic, and had a few "bad events". FB would dominate teams like no other team has ever done. "We charge because we cant lose!" was not a joke it was REAL back then. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Strongside 07' was incredible. I remember at multiple events and LAN's he would crush even the other FB members at FFA/1v1. Just watch his POV in 07' Nationals(Sanc slayer+Middy especially) and you will see he was barely missing a shot. He was essentially the Karma of 06' for FB. Him and Ogre 2 led FB in slaying so many events that year.

As for dominance+chemistry as a team it doesn't come close for me. Instinct was one kill away from being upset by Classic, and had a few "bad events". FB would dominate teams like no other team has ever done. "We charge because we cant lose!" was not a joke it was REAL back then.

Haha its not like FB won every event they attended either. They even lost like 3-0 to str8 in orlando right before nationals. They just didnt drop out of top 2 where as instinct got 5 once I think but they were still dominant. Roy and ola were both monsters but its hard to compare peoples dominancefrom different games. Instinct went 3/5 at events and 07 FB went 4/6 or 5/7 if you include MLG Canada. Basically if NBNS reach would have had a full season of tourneys instinct would probably ended up with close the same record.