Moa

Halo 2 Anniversary PAX Prime Showdown Discussion

Great tournament, with the amount of talent re-entering the scene, the oldschool teams coming back, leagues like ESL/MLG hopefully picking it up, and actual dev support from 343 in the future I think its safe to say #WEBACK 

This tournament is just the beginning...were just getting started.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They only won 5k? LOL, Ace and Snipedown won that much dicking around in that Novemberman tournament last week against youtube celebrities.

Which only lends credibility to the fact that Halo is back! $10k is not that much in prize pool money, so a good chunk of it, is people wanted to watch good Halo being played.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They only won 5k? LOL, Ace and Snipedown won that much dicking around in that Novemberman tournament last week against youtube celebrities.

I think it's wise to have a small prize pool for a game that no one has even played.

Wait for the game to come out for bigger prize pools.

We Back! Honestly when the game releases, old pros and teams coming back, smoother tournaments, more maps possibly, and strong dev support we could easily reach 30-40k viewers if not more

Feel bad for Naded. SS and Pistola are two of my favorites so I'm happy to see them win, especially SS. 

Interested to see how teams stack up when we actually do get a tournament going (I guess we still have to find out which game we're playing but I think it will either be H2 or H2A).

Nothing against Ace, but I can see OG2 joining that three of eX (unless there's something with sponsors forbidding).

I would like to see Naded and Legit stick together. Who they partner with? Not entirely sure...Formal still playing or is he full time CoD now?

I know Roy/LBX were pretty much retired a few months ago, any word on them since all this hype?  

Which only lends credibility to the fact that Halo is back! $10k is not that much in prize pool money, so a good chunk of it, is people wanted to watch good Halo being played.

People want to see the new game

didnt halo4 mlg dallas get 40k

22K on twitch.tv but they had another 10K on another website but a lot of people were watching both because they had trouble watching it. 

This should be eX:  Ogre2, Ola, Side, Snipedown

Don't remember ACE going nuts, just a nice double here and there.

Yeah really, snipedown strongside, and pistola all had close to running riots in games and a ton of sick doubles while ace just kinda supported them in the background. I really do hope OGRE 2 joins them instead of ace staying. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

there have been a lot of times that the community said halo is back, and this is one of the only times that claim seems true. 

"Halo" is trending on Twitter Worldwide. This was a great weekend to say the least, for all of us.

Edit: Sorry this is actually false.

The highest view count I saw was 27,102. Anyone else have a higher view count?

27,112 was the highest I saw

• Upvote (+1) 1

27k for 8 teams. This is not a full scale event with 100+ teams and it was a 3 week notice.

Exactly this was a small tourney without much advertising and at 3 weeks short notice.

Baring that in mind it's impressive that it broke 20k viewers let alone 27k!.

If MLG picked this up or even 343 doing regular big events that are properly advertised (people knowing about it months in advance) so that teams have time to practice and form. With the addition of a higher prize pool easily 40-50k+ imo maybe more than that.  :D

I dunno how to embed  :wacko:

Edited your post to embed. Just post the link without a hyperlink.

Exactly this was a small tourney without much advertising and at 3 weeks short notice.

Baring that in mind it's impressive that it broke 20k viewers let alone 27k!.

If MLG picked this up or even 343 doing regular big events that are properly advertised (people knowing about it months in advance) so that teams have time to practice and form. With the addition of a higher prize pool easily 40-50k+ imo maybe more than that.   :D

Imagine multiple small events like this one for the rest of years. :Orgasm:

• Upvote (+1) 3