Moa

Halo 2 Anniversary PAX Prime Showdown Discussion

First I would like to say that it is awesome to see an european team competing with the US teams. Halo certainly needs to be more global. I really hope they do well.

ATM, I don´t have a favourite team so I just hope Naded wins because of his contribution to the franchise under the dark times.

• Upvote (+1) 7

First I would like to say that it is awesome to see an european team competing with the US teams. Halo certainly needs to be more global. I really hope they do well.

ATM, I don´t have a favourite team so I just hope Naded wins because of his contribution to the franchise under the dark times.

I'd love to see top teams from the UK, Germany, Spain, Sweden/Norway..etc compete in America and American teams compete in Europe. Let's not forget about our friends from down under as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1st: Me

Last: Ace.

Also, why is this giggle idiot complaining about favoritism? Look at those invited teams. I mean I guess besides DH those are good as teams to get invited especially since people were only informed of this about 3 weeks ago. I guess some people will just feel more entitled because he drives a mean titan. :/

A PAX pass is at least $70 per day.  A hotel is at least $179 a night.  Then you add any other daily expenses.  That's an absolute minimum of about $270 a day.  It adds up for any team that isn't on this invited list.  I'm not even attending the event btw, just stating my opinion.  It's the way in which the invites were given out that I don't agree with.  They weren't earned in any way, just Bravo (or whoever else) picking which teams to give a free trip to Sunday.  That's what I don't agree with.  It's like giving 5 players a free trip to the finals of the World Poker Series.  I'm not saying the players don't deserve it, there's just no history in H2A to be picking which teams to invite, except for TCM (Gamescom winners).

On a side note,  I'm not sure why you still hold a grudge against me.  I've told you before that I have a lot of respect for you.  I hope you can drop the grudge, and good luck at PAX.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

1st: Me

Last: Ace.

Also, why is this giggle idiot complaining about favoritism? Look at those invited teams. I mean I guess besides DH those are good as teams to get invited especially since people were only informed of this about 3 weeks ago. I guess some people will just feel more entitled because he drives a mean titan. :/

I bet that he would have a sub button by now if he wanted one.

A PAX pass is at least $70 per day.  A hotel is at least $179 a night.  Then you add any other daily expenses.  That's an absolute minimum of about $270 a day.  It adds up for any team that isn't on this invited list.  I'm not even attending the event btw, just stating my opinion.  It's the way in which the invites were given out that I don't agree with.  They weren't earned in any way, just Bravo (or whoever else) picking which teams to give a free trip to Sunday.  That's what I don't agree with.  It's like giving 5 players a free trip to the finals of the World Poker Series.  I'm not saying the players don't deserve it, there's just no history in H2A to be picking which teams to invite, except for TCM (Gamescom winners).

On a side note,  I'm not sure why you still hold a grudge against me.  I've told you before that I have a lot of respect for you.  I hope you can drop the grudge, and good luck at PAX.

Who cares. The players that chose will bring in the viewers and that's what Halo needs. What's going to bring in more viewers, Str8 vs TD or Nighthawkz vs Prometheans? I'm pretty sure you're intelligent enough to figure out why they did what they did. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, 3 teams to qualify in a streak qualifier like gamescom instead of 4, so 5 locked in bracket. So watch 343 put Str8 and TD against each other in the first round, winner plays VwS.

:kappa:

Here is where you are assuming which is the problem. We got invites, yes. What do you think an invite includes? it includes being in the tourney and pax passes. I paid for my flight out of my own pocket, as well as everyone else on my team. I can't speak for other since I don't know but I do know nothing was covered. Invites were given out based off of being professional players, where don't you see the merit in that? TCM won the EU tourney, str8 is 4 pros 2 of which are on optic. My team is 4 pros and 3 of us have been streaming halo 2/3 damn near every day for a couple months now. VwS is 4 pros with mikwen who streams a lot of halo, and naded who as we all know has probably done the most out of all people during the halo dark times the past half year or so. Would you rather they invite amateurs and people who don't have much following over pros? As you said there's no past H2A experience, so they are basing it off of other halos and recent things. Use your head next time bye LETHUL OUT :lxthul:

TXhVsrq.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Former AGL Co-Owner...Dis guy should be glad he's even allowed to post here. 

Let's get back on topic anyway.

I agree that Halo needs more international tournaments or our numbers (players, viewers, sponsors) will always be lacking. If Fnatic, Dignitas and SK were to pick up Halo teams it would be great. Hope for a strong TCM showing to justify international competition.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cant imagine ever voting against Strongside, knowing what Snipedown is capable of it would be silly and dont ever count out the Elam brothers....

Suddoths to take it.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm just gonna go and support TCM as my fellow Europeans. Hope that they atleast get top 2. My other team for top 2 is Str8 definitely.

Also rooting for Naded as he has done so mich for Halo in its dark times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You do realize that the teams invited are mostly Pro's that( im sad Carbon or FB arent in there) were fore the most part very dominant and are recognized names, and that is partially what they need. They need the exposure as much as they can and names like Naded, Ace, Elamite, Snipedown and such will help them achieve that. You really cant think they are going to invite Random Halo kids, that is what the floor competitions are.

I'm still salty though that I didn't see Ogre1/2, Walshy, Shockwave(and rest of Carbon) in that list. :salt:   

• Upvote (+1) 1

That tweet from him makes no sense. Its an invitational, top teams and players get invited.  That is literally how every single invitational format works.  

These PAX events arent meant for non-invited people to be booking tickets from across the country to come and play through the open bracket.  If you do not believe me then why on earth would they wait this late in the game to announce these tournaments? Pax Prime is in like a week and the public is just learning about the tournament today - they did it on purpose.

The main focus of these events will be on the invited teams.  People who are ALREADY AT THE EVENT FOR PAX have the option to sit down and play.  It is blatantly obvious that these are NOT meant to be MLG style "sell passes" to the public and 256 open teams show up.

1. Giggle Monster aka former AGL Co-Owner is the last person that should be handing out Business tips to 343/Microsoft.  You had your chance to run events bud, maybe if the organization you were involved with didnt sketch out on the entire community you cold hold an invitational the way you wanted to. 

2. Events are good for the community.  We are finally seeing what seems to be consistent, developer ran tournaments and people are going to complain about it?  RELAX.  If you really think they will not be hosting a tournament open to the public for MCC then I dont know what to say to you.

The tweet was just my opinion from a competitors standpoint.  I wasn't salty over who they chose by any means.  My viewpoint/thought on the tournament was that 343 is hosting it for the competitive crowd, and that's where I was wrong.  Like you said, and now I understand, it's for the casual PAX attendees, and the pros were invited for the competitive players watching from home.  Which makes sense to build hype for bigger, future tournaments.  I guess developer tournaments being for casuals just didn't click in my brain :P

I wasn't trying to give 343/Microsoft business tips, and I appreciate what they're doing, but if a future Global Championship worked like that, all the people left out would be pissed. I think we can all agree with that.  As for throwing the AGL thing in my face, come on, man.  All I was doing was trying to help.  It wasn't magic that brought it from 1 POV on each team to a full 16 camera production.  You also know I wasn't contacted during the entirety of AGL 10, and it's cancellation.  I found out about it through Twitter, and felt sick to my stomach.  Guilty by association I guess, but it really sucks to have it thrown in my face when there's nothing I could have done. Investing in AGL is by far the worst decision I ever made.       

• Upvote (+1) 4

The tweet was just my opinion from a competitors standpoint. I wasn't salty over who they chose by any means. My viewpoint/thought on the tournament was that 343 is hosting it for the competitive crowd, and that's where I was wrong. Like you said, and now I understand, it's for the casual PAX attendees, and the pros were invited for the competitive players watching from home. Which makes sense to build hype for bigger, future tournaments. I guess developer tournaments being for casuals just didn't click in my brain :P

I wasn't trying to give 343/Microsoft business tips, and I appreciate what they're doing, but if a future Global Championship worked like that, all the people left out would be pissed. I think we can all agree with that. As for throwing the AGL thing in my face, come on, man. All I was doing was trying to help. It wasn't magic that brought it from 1 POV on each team to a full 16 camera production. You also know I wasn't contacted during the entirety of AGL 10, and it's cancellation. I found out about it through Twitter, and felt sick to my stomach. Guilty by association I guess, but it really sucks to have it thrown in my face when there's nothing I could have done. Investing in AGL is by far the worst decision I ever made.

It's all good man.

I just think we should be supporting an event that 343 / Microsoft is putting on instead of saying the format is a joke etc. The game isn't even out yet and we have seen two tournament for it so far. Imagine when it's actually out?

I didn't really like how the H4GC was set up format wise, and I really don't like Halo 4 as a whole either. But I still supported the event simply because I want events like that for future titles to be the standard, so we as a community don't have to get screwed over by amateur hour event organizers.

It's important we bring positive feedback to the table here ( not saying be a "yes" man or agree with everything they do) - but to simply pick your battles.

I am one of the most skeptical people out there and I honestly don't see anything wrong with these invitationals. I am really glad they are investing in halo esports and for the first time in a LONG time I am enjoying the direction Halo is going in. I hope we continue down this path going into MCC & Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The team name Str8 Rippin shouldn't be used if T2 isn't on the team. It's not Str8 without T2

igorant

• Downvote (-1) 1

The team name Str8 Rippin shouldn't be used if T2 isn't on the team. It's not Str8 without T2

Yea why isn't he competing : (

YES!!!! Halo, halo, halo. : ) But where's that Instinct? ANd Pistola.

Gosh I can't wait to watch this. Arena Halo is finally back.

Why didn't they get more Halo 2 pros?  Like why not bring back Walshy, Ogre 2, and Strongside on a team?  Half the invited players weren't pro until Halo 3, and Darkest Hour is a weak team, couldn't they get anybody better?