Moa

Halo 2 Anniversary PAX Prime Showdown Discussion

Sounds to me like the issue might have been with the system/setup moreso than the actual game. They even said they weren't having many problems if any on the side stations.

Sounds to me like the issue might have been with the system/setup moreso than the actual game. They even said they weren't having many problems if any on the side stations.

Yep.

Think they said they weren't having any issues with the side station.

Sucks to see these problems.  I cant imagine how frustrating that is for everyone there.

Why in the actual fuck does X1 need a connection to use LAN? did they think it would be funny?

That is how they are streaming it, right? Not with external cap cards?

Power, video, network. Outlet, TV, switch. Why must we complicate things?

What? The game/Xbox's were crashing

Why in the actual fuck does X1 need a connection to use LAN? did they think it would be funny?

It's the profiles, they can't be offline.

I'm probably wrong but I don't think they could stream the game in 60 FPS just by using the stream feature on Xbox One.

It's the profiles, they can't be offline.

The profiles can be offline, the console itself can't be.

They weren't streaming from the Xbox One, they actually said, "this feature isn't ready yet."

Also, who the fuck decided not to have offline profiles? How did everyone agree it was a good idea?

?

EDIT: @@Moa I haven't seen anywhere to make a "local" account (as it would be referred to in Windows 8.)

They weren't streaming from the Xbox One, they actually said, "this feature isn't ready yet."

Also, who the fuck decided not to have offline profiles? How did everyone agree it was a good idea?

?

Because the console was originally going to be always online.

IDK man, Microsoft's best console was its first console hands down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So this can be expected at all future LAN events?

Not necessarily. CoD has to deal with the same issue and they don't have this many problems. Its probably a combination of faulty hardware and the game being in a pre-release WIP state. I wouldn't expect anything like this on averag when the game releases.

I'm probably wrong but I don't think they could stream the game in 60 FPS just by using the stream feature on Xbox One.

why

Hey guys I just wanted to come on here and thank you guys for sticking with us today!

Everyone was working their butts off today to give you an awesome Halo experience and we'll (and my we I mean ESL/Gaming Generations/343) are working around the clock to make sure tomorrow is an awesome day for the players and you guys watching at home.

Obviously, things are bound to happen but I truly want to thank you guys for sticking with us and enjoying some Halo.

The stream will go live with Triggers Down vs eXcellence at 10am PDT / 1pm EDTtomorrow! 

Thanks for watching. :D

It's all good man. We know it wasn't your fault. Was a little frustrating but it's just nice to have halo semi relevant again. Good job casting Mr Future Tense.

Stuff happens Goldenboy, you guys handled it about as well as expected given the circumstances.  Hopefully the technology will cooperate with for everyone tomorrow, and there will be some more great games.  I can't wait for tomorrow.