Moa

Halo 2 Anniversary PAX Prime Showdown Discussion

Rooting for VwS but cant wait to see the Strongside + Elamite combo!

How much of an advantage do you think TCM will have seeing as they played the game extensively already? Possible upsets to come.

I think Triggers down may have the best shot at winning this tournament. Heinz and Lethal have been playing a lot together, so hopefully their experience and chemistry will pay off. 

Props to 343i for all the awesome tournaments as well, building a lot of hype for the upcoming release of the MCC. 

I understand the original founders of Halo teams "owning" their team names/brands in a way and that is good because it gives a "face(or faces)" to each team(Its also a FU to the established PC gaming orgs who didn't want to sponsor Halo teams originally but that is another story) ,but when those teams become so iconic and essential to the scene and then the original founders eventually disappear, we are left with a bunch of no-name players on no-name teams. It happened in H4 when MLG dropped Halo and nobody even knew half the team names, but like I said I understand why the Halo community may want to keep that tradition.

To be fair at the start not a lot of established teams wanted to pick up LoL, and now we have "CLG" "TSM" "C9" which are huge. I just wish a lot of the old pros were more savvy in making their teams actual gaming brands like Optic Gaming did and others. Kelby May, who is President(?) of CLG is interested in a Halo team, having come from that scene. Hope Halo can pull a Smash Bros Melee and get eSports organizations aboard, but it'll depend on how big our community gets.

My top 3 predictions / wildcard team.

1st/2nd - Str8 Rippin: I could see Str8 taking this event, going to depend on how well Snipedown and Ace are playing.  I think Elamite has been missing in action for a while but I think he will be able to jump back in pretty quickly.

• Elamite: Been out of the game for a while, 50/50 toss up on if he will play solid imo.
  • Snipedown: Will be on point the whole tournament, I am expecting him to do major work with the sniper (obviously)
  • Ace: Will be on point the whole tournament
  • Strongside: Kind of been out of the game but he is one of the only players out of the invited teams who has gotten to play H2A (minus TCM)

1st/2nd - VwS USA: This team is really solid to me, the Naded / Legit combo is going to be crazy to watch.  I dont think Legit has been playing much Halo lately, but if they can get some practice sessions in on H2Vista or XBC I can see this team Winning or getting 2nd.

• Naded: Monster player, been gaming Halo nearly every single day.
  • Legit: Not sure how much he has been gaming but he will pick it back up quickly, very good player.
  • Mikwen: Been playing Halo quite a bit, very good player.
  • Goofy: I think he took a little break, but has been playing here and there, still a good player imo.

3rd/4th - Triggers Down:  This teams success is going to 100% depend on if Heinz and Lethal play really well. This roster needs APG to replace FiS to be able to contend for the 1st/2nd spot in my opinion.

• Heinz: Been gaming hard, good player
  • Lethal: Gaming hard with Heinz, addicted to Gaming Gum (auto advantage) 
  • FiS: Been out of the game for a while, wild card.
  • Hysteria: I believe he has been gaming, he will more than likely put on a solid performance.

Wildcard Team - TCM: They are coming off a fresh win at Gamescom, but I think the competition and teams at Pax Prime will be way more intense than at the Gamescom Showdown.  All of the players (espec Chalkie) played very well at Gamescom, and they all have H2A experience which will give them a major advantage going into the tournament. 

I think Darkest Hour and Reality Check (if they qualify) will get dismantled. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Remove RC and replace them with Optic Gaming please. My God. lol 343 is almost there, but not quite. 

RC wasn't invited and isn't Snipedown and Ace on Optic Halo? Lol. It's just a compilation of teams going and invited.

Lockout Slayer

Ascension Slayer

Sanctuary Slayer

Lockout Ball

Sanc Flag

Ascension Hill/Ext

let's go bb

VwS USA roster looks strong, kinda would prefer someone else over Goofy, but dat Naded+Legit combo is just too sexy.

But the Mikwen Goofy combo is also amazing. All four together should win it I think.

I really hope to see OGRE 2 and Pistola make an appearance during this tournament. Would be amazing if OGRE 2, Naded, StrongSide, and igotyourpistola teamed up for this game! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully they fix the objectives from h4, not just the flag stuff. Fix hill glitch, classic oddball (at least an option), and I want my assault back.

Wow 343i is impressing me with these recent small tournaments. Nice to see some action to back up their talk about competitive Halo. Some of these rosters are so stacked, especially Str8 but I just love the rare Naded+Legit combo too much. Go USA!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1