Moa

Halo 2 Anniversary PAX Prime Showdown Discussion

Why isn't the new FB with Ogre 2 going? :(  Oh well, maybe he doesn't want to risk FB's spotless tournament record in H2 on a game that is not actually H2.

I'm rotting for Str8 just because I haven't seen Side and Elamite compete in awhile, and Snipedown back on Str8 makes me happy.

thats only invitations. i assume you can just show up

they could always use zanzibar, but where does it say it will be 3 maps?

God no. Ascension, Sanc and Lockout will do us all good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With these team announcements, I still wonder why Optic Halo haven't actually competed yet with ALL 4 of their members there, especially pistola.  But, I'm glad to see Str8 Rippin again even though T2 isn't competing unfortunately.

Awesome. Two questions though.

1. Did T2 give up/sell the Str8 name or something? I thought he had some sort of stake in the name. If he did and he's not at least coaching, then sad day. :( Str8'll never be the same.

2. What's the deal with Optic Halo?

My favorite team of all time Str8 Rippin and me being apart of VWS Gaming organization...I can't pick a team to go for! Lol. I will be rooting for Str8 Rippin and VwS:) can't wait to watch this event so stoked!

I'm betting on TD to win this one, but Str8 and VwS have pretty solid lineups too. Whoever ends up winning, I am sure that it will be a fun tournament to watch!

• Upvote (+1) 1

C'mon, if FB and Ogre 2 were going I assume they would be invited. That would be like not inviting Michael Jordan to a 90's basketball reunion game.

might be bringing back the name str8 and triggers to attract more viewers?

But sooooooo stoked :-D

There are some very good teams in the mix, so its a hard choice.

I'm very surprised Optic did not get a invite.

Called T2 , he said he isnt allowing them to use the name even legally, 

also Rc Needs 1 - sud1,sud2,SK

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is this the first time the elam brothers have teamed? Str8 looks sexy but so does VwS. I think that Str8 will probably win in a finals vs TD, but if VwS's team has good chemistry, then they could easily win (cough cough perfect storm)

I have Str8 Rippin or TD winning it.

tD brah :)

it's just like ESL tourney...there are invited teams and a open tryout for teams to come and play (the team with the most wins will get advance to the bracket stage)....

Ya Str8 Rippin w/o T2 doesnt feel right lol

I understand the original founders of Halo teams "owning" their team names/brands in a way and that is good because it gives a "face(or faces)" to each team(Its also a FU to the established PC gaming orgs who didn't want to sponsor Halo teams originally but that is another story) ,but when those teams become so iconic and essential to the scene and then the original founders eventually disappear, we are left with a bunch of no-name players on no-name teams. It happened in H4 when MLG dropped Halo and nobody even knew half the team names, but like I said I understand why the Halo community may want to keep that tradition.

Is this the first time the elam brothers have teamed? Str8 looks sexy but so does VwS. I think that Str8 will probably win in a finals vs TD, but if VwS's team has good chemistry, then they could easily win (cough cough perfect storm)

Naw they teamed in Reach as Shady Halo Kids. C'bus 12 I think

• Upvote (+1) 1