Moa

Halo 2 Anniversary PAX Prime Showdown Discussion

Who fucking cares? We got CE, 2 and 3 to play.

i care because i would prefer if more people play the originals from the get go. im honestly worried that people are going to stay on the game because there are small tourneys for it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

If you show emotion they know you're not a robot.

I, Robot disagrees with you! So do fembots. Kappa
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Every X1 needs to be connected to the internet and then they can join a game locally. I guess if one players internet drops for even a millisecond, it causes the LAN black screen.

LAN on the X1 is weird.

If this is an X1 problem, why do they keeps saying "Sorry guys, pre-release build"  ???

i care because i would prefer if more people play the originals from the get go. im honestly worried that people are going to stay on the game because there are small tourneys for it

2 10k tournaments in less than a month and the game isn't out... small.

We don't know even know if there will be tourneys after launch. People will play what they prefer.

2 10k tournaments in less than a month and the game isn't out... small.

ive been around the halo community for over 10 years and i am seeing the cycle repeat again, halo 4 had a huge tourney before it came out too

im not trying to ruin your entertainment im just using the discussion board to discuss the fact that i think the game looks like shit

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If this is an X1 problem, why do they keeps saying "Sorry guys, pre-release build"  ???

This wasn't happening at Gamescom, and this is a different build than Gamescom is seems.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably should have said I was assuming. It probably doesn't help than LAN on X1 is ass in general. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

ive been around the halo community for over 10 years and i am seeing the cycle repeat again, halo 4 had a huge tourney before it came out too

im not trying to ruin your entertainment im just using the discussion board to discuss the fact that i think the game looks like shit

Or we could learn from the fighting game community (that is 1000x more successful than us) and play ALL OF THE HALO GAMES!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Or we could learn from the fighting game community (that is 1000x more successful than us) and play ALL OF THE HALO GAMES!

ive literally made this post before and i 100% agree with you, its incredibly unfortunate that people force themselves to play games that they dont like because a few people are making a couple hundred bucks every other month or so

apparently from what i am reading in this h2 facebook group, a lot of halo 2 players possibly or possibly not including pros playing in the tournament think h2a is garbage

• Downvote (-1) 1

Every X1 needs to be connected to the internet and then they can join a game locally. I guess if one players internet drops for even a millisecond, it causes the LAN black screen.

LAN on the X1 is weird.

Any idea on if this is how they plan for LAN to work on the final product or is there still a plan for actual LAN?

Any idea on if this is how they plan for LAN to work on the final product or is there still a plan for actual LAN?

It will work, but the router needs to be connected to the internet. X1 requires an active Xbox LIVE connection for LAN for whatever reason.

It will work, but the router needs to be connected to the internet. X1 requires an active Xbox LIVE connection for LAN for whatever reason.

Even though it's x86 archi, #MicroFailsoft

• Downvote (-1) 1

So would you all also need to be on xbl accounts? And do you still have a host player or would it run off a dedicated server?

So would you all also need to be on xbl accounts?

I don't think they've specified if you need gold or silver.

So would you all also need to be on xbl accounts? And do you still have a host player or would it run off a dedicated server?

Yup - Xbox One doesn't have offline profiles like the 360 did. Whether it needs to be Gold or not is left to be seen. As far as I know, it will have a host player, just like regular LAN. 

The Xbox LIVE requirement is something the Xbox One needs. 

Could microsoft make a new xbox 1 model that doesnt need an internet connection to LAN? Was planning to do some local stuff when the MCC drops. This is something I don't want to run into.

ive literally made this post before and i 100% agree with you, its incredibly unfortunate that people force themselves to play games that they dont like because a few people are making a couple hundred bucks every other month or so

apparently from what i am reading in this h2 facebook group, a lot of halo 2 players possibly or possibly not including pros playing in the tournament think h2a is garbage

Or they are just like you and are possibly blinded by the nostalgia of H2. Idk, I haven't played the game, but I really wish we could at least wait for it to come out before writing it off. If it is obviously inferior and "garbage" then by all means we should stick with H2, but H2A is probably our best chance at good dev support and viewership.

Anyways, I digress. We need to just wait it out and see what the general concensus is after this tournament is over. That will give us a better idea of what to expect going forward, rather than just deciding because the graphics remind of us Halo 4 and we can't BXR.

Or they are just like you and are possibly blinded by the nostalgia of H2. Idk, I haven't played the game, but I really wish we could at least wait for it to come out before writing it off. If it is obviously inferior and "garbage" then by all means we should stick with H2, but H2A is probably our best chance at good dev support and viewership.

Anyways, I digress. We need to just wait it out and see what the general concensus is after this tournament is over. That will give us a better idea of what to expect going forward, rather than just deciding because the graphics remind of us Halo 4 and we can't BXR.

Boomroasted.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could microsoft make a new xbox 1 model that doesnt need an internet connection to LAN? Was planning to do some local stuff when the MCC drops. This is something I don't want to run into.

It is something they built into the OS because the plan was originally 'always-online'. They removed most of that shit in the day one update but some of it is still lurking - No offline profiles, weird ass LAN, achievements don't work offline, etc.

A new X1 model isn't really needed - they just need to update it and remove all this DRM shit. 

Left just before game one of this last series started to go grab some Mcdonalds, figured i'd miss the whole match... Only missed games 1 lol. what the fuck is going on.

• Upvote (+1) 1