Moa

Halo 2 Anniversary PAX Prime Showdown Discussion

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-8-21-14

Moments after the gamescom Showdown ended, our team went right back into putting the finishing touches on our plans for PAX Prime this year. Before I even stepped off the stage at last weekend’s tournament, we immediately began finalizing the tournament we’ll be having next weekend at PAX. That’s right, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo 2: Anniversary will be making an appearance on the US eSports stage at the Halo PAX Prime Showdown right here in Seattle.

For the PAX Prime Showdown, we’ll be once again teaming up with Twitch and ESL to bring you top-notch 4v4 gameplay using a similar format to the one seen at gamescom. We’re inviting 5 teams, and will be qualifying the final 3 spots on the PAX Prime show floor at the Astro Gaming and Skullcandy booths.

The following teams have received invites to the tournament:

Str8 Rippin

Elamite

Snipedown

ACE

StrongSide

Triggers Down

Heinz

Hysteria

FearItSelf

Lethul

VwS USA

Goofy

Mikwen

Naded

Legit

Darkest Hour

Elumnite

Cobys2Fast

Wolfmayne

Frosty

TCM

Ramirez

TuFoxy

Riotz

Chalkie

In addition to these invited teams, we’ll be looking for teams on the show floor to fill the remaining spots in the 8 team bracket. Our friends at ASTRO Gaming and Skullcandy Gaming will be holding qualifiers in their booth all day Friday, where eager teams can earn wild card tickets into the tournament finals, taking place Saturday and Sunday. To be one of the qualified teams, stop by one of these booths and lay down one of the top win streaks of the day. At the end of the day on Friday, we’ll take the top performers from the floor and throw them into the finals.

The finals will be taking place on Saturday and Sunday at Twitch.tv/Halo. The finals will feature some new game types, and the format will be a double elimination, best of 5 bracket with all matches streamed on the main stage, so you won’t miss a single moment of the action.

We’ll have more information on the qualifiers, finals, casters, and more in next week’s Bulletin. We can’t wait for the matches to get kicked off, and whether it’s in person or on Twitch, we hope you’ll join us next weekend for the Halo PAX Prime Showdown!

Additionally, if you’ll be attending PAX Prime and want to get hands on with Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer, swing by the Xbox booth - we’ll be waiting for you with some brand new experiences, and the first opportunity to play in North America. Lastly, we’ll have a panel on Saturday from 11:00AM-12:00PM - block your calendars - we’ll be back with more info next week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New game types

"The finals will feature some new game types, and the format will be a double elimination, best of 5 bracket with all matches streamed on the main stage"

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is going to be nice I love how they are bringing out TCM. Good job 343 again !

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys think they will add obj? Maybe some lockout ball, or sanc flag?

Edit:We should add a poll to see who people think will win.

With new gametypes hopefully we at least get to see ctf. maybe even extraction.

koth ascension

sanc ctf

also i got vws winning from the teams presented to me

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys think they will add obj? Maybe some lockout ball, or sanc flag?

Edit:We should add a poll to see who people think will win.

Solid idea, one moment.

EDIT: It's in!

I am excited too hear that there's going too be different game types! I hope too see some Flag, or Assault! Also, maybe we will get a hint towards a new map reveal?

Seems like we'll be getting our first look at Lockout ;)

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hoping this is a 3 map tournament... If Lockout really is one of the 6 maps, what better time would there be to announce it? Glad to hear that there are more gametypes planned as well.

Bring on PAX! :weback:

Why isn't the new FB with Ogre 2 going? :(  Oh well, maybe he doesn't want to risk FB's spotless tournament record in H2 on a game that is not actually H2.

I'm rooting for Str8 just because I haven't seen Side and Elamite compete in awhile, and Snipedown back on Str8 makes me happy.

• Upvote (+1) 1