YoshinJaa

H2 PC Legacy Playlist Feedback Thread

Are you guys using a bought product key or a cracked key from the alternate video guides I had posted a while back?

So it just randomly started working?

One issue could be that people are overloading the server with join requests because they are not running the patch, so they could be timing out everyone because of it. Looking into the issue. 

i bought my h2pc on amazon.com a few years ago i have the disk and product key right out of the box.

but now after the update my in-game gamer tag says "A Pregnant Nun"(not my gamertag) then when i click the guide button it says my gamer tag is "aa Pregnant Nun" like it should say. i did not change my gamertag from "aa Pregnant Nun" now ingame it says my gamer tag is "A Pregnant Nun" and the gamer tag "A Pregnant Nun" is not a gamertag, its also not able be created as a gamertag.  DUDE wot is going on? srsly im starting to get scared lol 

i bought my h2pc on amazon.com a few years ago i have the disk and product key right out of the box.

but now after the update my in-game gamer tag says "A Pregnant Nun"(not my gamertag) then when i click the guide button it says my gamer tag is "aa Pregnant Nun" like it should say. i did not change my gamertag from "aa Pregnant Nun" now ingame it says my gamer tag is "A Pregnant Nun" and the gamer tag "A Pregnant Nun" is not a gamertag, its also not able be created as a gamertag.  DUDE wot is going on? srsly im starting to get scared lol 

Sounds like you have a profile glitch, try signing back out of your local profile from the main menu, and then select your profile again. That is a slight bug that is rare. Your game or Shark isn't about to blow up :p

Sounds like you have a profile glitch, try signing back out of your local profile from the main menu, and then select your profile again. That is a slight bug that is rare. Your game or Shark isn't about to blow up :P

will do.

am i seeing my h2pc profile name in-game instead of my xbox live gamertag?

will do.

am i seeing my h2pc profile name in-game instead of my xbox live gamertag?

nope, your h2pc profile is considered your email it registered to. What you are seeing is the local profile (the profile you use with your controller settings and spartan armor color) glitching in to your gamertag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the only thing I did was close out, and did clicked activate and then signed out of my xbox live account signed back in, closed launcher, pressed play game, and then it worked

i did this and now i can join the servers but once im in the server for a few mins i get disconnected from xbox live or my h2pc crashes.

EDIT: the crashes/disconnects only occur in the mlg servers only so i think it might be a server issue

Can you rank down in beta? I saw someone lose 4 straight on a level 9, and he didn't drop to level 8

Can you rank down in beta? I saw someone lose 4 straight on a level 9, and he didn't drop to level 8

You can, but in FFA's the placings affect level, so someone would have to be in 8th continuously in order to de-level.

You can, but in FFA's the placings affect level, so someone would have to be in 8th continuously in order to de-level.

4th should get minimal exp and 5th should get minimal negative exp

4th should get minimal exp and 5th should get minimal negative exp

that's not how it works in h2, it is solely based on placings in FFA, who ever is above you is negative exp vs. their rank, who ever is below you is positive. So being in 2nd means you lose experience to the 1st place rank, but then gain from 3-8's rank.

Don't know if this is the right place for this but the rank update sorta broke the game... Whenever I try to join the MLG FFA servers as soon as I'm about to get in the game crashes and does the "Halo 2 Vista has experienced a problem... looking for a solution". Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Don't know if this is the right place for this but the rank update sorta broke the game... Whenever I try to join the MLG FFA servers as soon as I'm about to get in the game crashes and does the "Halo 2 Vista has experienced a problem... looking for a solution". Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

your game isn't broken, follow the instructions in the 2nd post http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/5181-repopulate-halo-2-vista/?p=179032

is the plan still to reset the ranks tomorrow and put in the other playlists? What are the other playlist going to be?

is the plan still to reset the ranks tomorrow and put in the other playlists? What are the other playlist going to be?

We may hold off on that while trying to find a fix for the crashing issue many were having. I will keep you guys updated. The playlists we will be using are posted in the OP's poll.

We may hold off on that while trying to find a fix for the crashing issue many were having. I will keep you guys updated. The playlists will what are posted in the OP's poll.

we need ranked server for lockout br/snipes only plz.  

we need ranked server for lockout br/snipes only plz.  

Currently Midship only is outvoting, so that will be what is run unless something else supersedes it.

Currently Midship only is outvoting, so that will be what is run unless something else supersedes it.

i dont see an option for lockout br/snipes only on the poll lol

We may hold off on that while trying to find a fix for the crashing issue many were having. I will keep you guys updated. The playlists will what are posted in the OP's poll.

Cool, I saw the thread you made about crashing. It fixed my friends Vista completely. way to go man.

The rank reset will occur once we get emulated matchmaking working and Shark crashing fixed entirely. I believe the devs were aiming for the end of this week, but I rather not put a time on it. 

The rank reset will occur once we get emulated matchmaking working and Shark crashing fixed entirely. I believe the devs were aiming for the end of this week, but I rather not put a time on it. 

Thanks for the tourney again man. :) Doubles coming out soon? I saw the crashing fix update

Thanks for the tourney again man. :) Doubles coming out soon? I saw the crashing fix update

Yep, once emulated matchmaking beta is good, that will be next. All of the ranked games have it enabled so try it out!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep, once emulated matchmaking beta is good, that will be next. All of the ranked games have it enabled so try it out!

Ya thanks again for the tourney Yoshi, and everyone who donated and helped out!

• Upvote (+1) 1

OP Poll updated to get feedback on Head to Head! Several players have asked about it, and we are able to recreate this 2005 playlist for use alongside our legacy servers. For those of you who don't quite remember, Head to Head is a 1v1 playlist that contains 'Duel' variants, such as Rifle Duel, Slayer Duel, etc. across no radar, slayer game types. 

Also, emulated matchmaking is about 90% complete, only need to adjust some tidbits and add in party mode and team auto-balancing. It is already running on the MLG and MLG FFA servers now. I forsee it's completion and the launching of the legacy playlists really soon!

What is party mode? Party mode allows you to create a private match and allow the server to recognize your party to stay in the same team. Simply use a party command in the chat box as the party leader, and then select Find Games > Custom Match/Browse Games and connect to an open server. Once joined, your party will be on the same team! There are party size limitations depending on the server playlist you want to join, so you cannot make a party of 8 and then connect to a ranked server.

What about auto-balancing? This feature will allow non-partied players to be assigned to a team depending on the players in the party or team's average rank. A party of 4 for example, would not be auto-balanced as long as they have enabled party mode. If there are two parties of 3, then the 2 non-partied players will be assigned to a team depending on their rank and each team's average rank, so that the match can be more even.

You will need H2 Shark in order to connect to these servers as they are all ranked servers. H2 Shark has been improved greatly over the last 3 weeks, so it should not cause any crashing, sound, or even FPS drops, players were experiencing with the first release. Make sure to always use H2Launcher (aka H2 Shark) to start up Halo 2, so that you can connect to these servers!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Launching Legacy Preview later on today. The legacy servers (MLG/Hardcore and MLG FFA are not included) will be unranked for some time so that players can get adjusted to these old school gametypes and also provide more time for others to get/update H2 Shark, which will be required once these switch to ranked matches. You can get H2 Shark here: http://h2pc.org/update (.NET Framework 4.5.2 is required, a link is available on the update page for that). 

If you have an older version of H2 Shark (downloaded around 9/5/14), you will need to go to http://h2pc.org/update and get the latest version Beta 2.2. This version contains an auto-updater function so that it will update the latest version from this point forward. The older version does not, and will instead delete itself. Your H2PC account linked to your gamertag is still accessible.  

I will update this thread when the playlists are publicly available for play. We are only launching a small bit of servers at a time and will adjust in accordance to population and need, so that we do not have too many inactive servers running. 

http://gyazo.com/f2070402df4e0f500f7b8cd0b15a88a7

EDIT: We had to adjust some stuff on our ends, so we will not be launching unranked servers once we are finished.