YoshinJaa

H2 PC Legacy Playlist Feedback Thread

This is the last day of the month. so help me gawd if it's not released today

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dem ranks out ? :o

We were going to release it on the 31st, but we ran into a small issue on the server side which needed to be corrected. Once we get that taken care of later today it should be available. 

Also, anyone who does not have the client patch will need to have it in order to play on the ranked servers from that point forward, as ranked players will not be able to play non-patched players

Also, anyone who does not have the client patch will need to have it in order to play on the ranked servers from that point forward, as ranked players will not be able to play non-patched players

How does one get the "client patch" ? :O

Anyone here know how to fix a runtime error I keep getting after I'm on the game for a few minutes. It makes the game close once I minimize the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone here know how to fix a runtime error I keep getting after I'm on the game for a few minutes. It makes the game close once I minimize the game. 

Go to the game installer folder (where you launched startup) and look for the "redists" folder. Install the vcredist.msi folder and see if that fixes the issue. 

patch out soon or later today?

We were going to release it on the 31st, but we ran into a small issue on the server side which needed to be corrected. Once we get that taken care of later today it should be available. 

Go to the game installer folder (where you launched startup) and look for the "redists" folder. Install the vcredist.msi folder and see if that fixes the issue. 

I just double clicked to install that and launched the game but its still happening. Game just freezes then crashes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just double clicked to install that and launched the game but its still happening. Game just freezes then crashes. 

You may need to re-install the game using an advanced uninstaller, like CCleaner or Revo Uninstaller. 

Update on ranks: the system is in place and we are just waiting on @@Kantanomo to enable it on the servers, he should be arriving soon so we can get the last of the stuff needed to start it. If you want it out faster, tweet at @SirKantanomo on Twitter. Legacy playlists won't be up until tomorrow, but at least we can get the client out and have it distributed publicly. Hang tight everyone :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

OP Poll updated to collect votes on how the community would like the MLG FFA playlist setup. This is another community-driven feedback so please vote! 

In regards to the update on ranks, there was some bugs that occurred before releasing it days ago. Once they are ironed out, the client patch will be released. Once the patch is released, rank-enabled servers will require the client patch in order to play, so it is important to download the small patch executable. Go to http://h2pc.org/update for when it drops as well as future plans, including implementing Observers aka. Spectator Mode (I've seen it in action and it is very feasible to use)! 

Thank you for waiting patiently while the client program reaches completion. It is safe to say it is very close to being ready. I will announce over Twitter as well as updating the main Halo 2 Vista thread, as well as this one. 

Don't forget that we do have a TeamSpeak server for everyone who plays H2 Vista to use. Simply download TeamSpeak from teamspeak.com and install it. Click Connections > Connect and enter ts.h2pc.org as the server address, as well as your username/gamertag. That's it! There is no reason to be playing team games without it. 

How are you handling people who join halfway through a FFA game?

Could you adjust player scores based on the amount of time they've been in the game (order players by kills per minute?), and only count players who have been in the game for a minimum amount of time (to prevent abuse)?

Similarly, what happens when someone quits a game?

If quitters are automatically ranked last, but late joiners don't have their scores adjusted for time, this creates a scenario where players want to actively avoid games in progress, but can't actually be sure when to join because the server browser doesn't differentiate between in-progress and pregame lobbies.

This also gives a significant advantage to the first few players in a game, since late joiners will either need to play catchup, or they might immediately quit when they see the score disparity.

I'm guessing you've already spent some time thinking about these issues (and maybe they've been addressed already) -- this is just me thinking out loud with my first impressions on what I've seen so far.

How are you handling people who join halfway through a FFA game?

Could you adjust player scores based on the amount of time they've been in the game (order players by kills per minute?), and only count players who have been in the game for a minimum amount of time (to prevent abuse)?

Similarly, what happens when someone quits a game?

If quitters are automatically ranked last, but late joiners don't have their scores adjusted for time, this creates a scenario where players want to actively avoid games in progress, but can't actually be sure when to join because the server browser doesn't differentiate between in-progress and pregame lobbies.

This also gives a significant advantage to the first few players in a game, since late joiners will either need to play catchup, or they might immediately quit when they see the score disparity.

I'm guessing you've already spent some time thinking about these issues (and maybe they've been addressed already) -- this is just me thinking out loud with my first impressions on what I've seen so far.

We will be doing a limited testing phase of the ranking system to ensure that the server can handle it, plus making sure experience is being properly dispersed according to level. At that time, Join in progress will happen as we do not have the "matchmaking emulation" feature running. Once we have it running, the ranks will be reset, legacy playlists will be added, and we will go on from there. The emulated matchmaking process will close out the lobby once it has begun, so JIP's cannot occur (as well as join lag lol)

We have spent plenty of time in how the whole process will work once the emulated matchmaking side commences, for now, JIPs are possible, so assume your rank will be kind of not true until we get that component up and running.

Our goal is to get the client patch out ASAP to test it publicly and then reset ranks back to 1. Hardcore, MLG FFA, Double Team, etc, will then be truly similar to the Halo 2 Xbox way of gaming and ranking. 

The emulated matchmaking process will close out the lobby once it has begun, so JIP's cannot occur (as well as join lag lol)

Sounds good, thanks for the reply!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any update on ranks...? You guys must have ran into some massive bugs to delay it a whole week, you acted like it was for sure coming out days ago.

Any update on ranks...? You guys must have ran into some massive bugs to delay it a whole week, you acted like it was for sure coming out days ago.

I am not one of the programmers that were working on the server and client side programs, the delays weren't huge they wanted to make sure it was polished before release, which I totally agreed with. Yes, I did mention that it would've been released almost a week ago, but I have no control over what else needed to be done. 

I will say this though, follow @H2PCOfficial Twitter https://twitter.com/H2PCOfficial as some news is being announced very soon.  

The rank patch is coming out tonight after server maintenance at 6:30PM EST. Downtime is expected 1-2 hours. Once we are back up I will update on my main thread.

While you guys are waiting, you will need 2 programs installed on your computer beforehand:
.NET Framework 4.5.2 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643

Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 

download the vcredist_x86.exe

thanks for putting out ranks. I can only join a little less than half the MLG severs, I tryed to change my IP and it didn't help, do you know why this could be yoshinjaa? I do have the update.

The rank patch is coming out tonight after server maintenance at 6:30PM EST. Downtime is expected 1-2 hours. Once we are back up I will update on my main thread.

While you guys are waiting, you will need 2 programs installed on your computer beforehand:

.NET Framework 4.5.2 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643

Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 

i updated my h2pc and playing it through h2 shark but im having trouble joining your mlg servers.  i was able to join the mlg ffa #1 server before but now it just keeps saying i cant join because your experiencing problems every time i join one of your mlg servers but i can join the non mlg servers just fine.  btw my pingnever goes above 30 in the mlg servers. any ideas? 

i updated my h2pc and playing it through h2 shark but im having trouble joining your mlg servers.  i was able to join the mlg ffa #1 server before but now it just keeps saying i cant join because your experiencing problems every time i join one of your mlg servers but i can join the non mlg servers just fine.  btw my pingnever goes above 30 in the mlg servers. any ideas? 

also i finally got into a game in mlg ffa server #4 and i got 1 kill then i got disconnected from xbox live, i was able to reconnect right away.  when i joined back after a 4 mins i crashed and now all everything i typed is just happening over and over.  btw my ports are open  :(

thanks for putting out ranks. I can only join a little less than half the MLG severs, I tryed to change my IP and it didn't help, do you know why this could be yoshinjaa? I do have the update.

Are you guys using a bought product key or a cracked key from the alternate video guides I had posted a while back?

^ same, it fixed though not sure what I did. lol

So it just randomly started working?

One issue could be that people are overloading the server with join requests because they are not running the patch, so they could be timing out everyone because of it. Looking into the issue. 

the only thing I did was close out, and did clicked activate and then signed out of my xbox live account signed back in, closed launcher, pressed play game, and then it worked