BrutallyDigital

What don't you like about the H2A Multiplayer so far?

The bloom on the sniper is also literally one of the most pointless things to complain about as it doesn't affect gameplay at all.

Agree about OS, if you're gonna make it single layer, at least keep it from deteriorating. 

Is giving feedback bad? No, of course not. But having the people here basically ignore anything positive, and outright trying to be as negative as possible is annoying as shit.

theres no bloom on the sniper so why take the time to animate it? just give us a crosshair that doesnt bloom like halo 1 2 and 3. The sniper bloom is so ugly and reminds me of reach and h4. blah

• Upvote (+1) 5

like what?

Like almost this whole post:

-H4 Announcer -who cares? It's still the same dude that's always announced

-H4 Medals/New Medals -again, who cares?

-Hitmarkers - Ok, not traditionally in Halo. Shields lighting up give us the same info. Take em or leave em

-Weapon Indicators - Agreed, these aren't really necessary

-All Dyanmic Elements - Meh, until we see how they effect gameplay

-Added Parts to Maps - Meh, until we see how they effect gameplay

-Sniper Bloom - Not actually a bloom mechanic, just visual HUD flair. Who cares?

-Br Sound/Sniper Sound - who cares? I personally think they sound good

-Overshield Pickup Sound - It actually sounds more like the Halo CE OS which I really like

We also don't know how much of this is complete, and how many placeholders they're using. It might have been easier for them to just import Halo 4 sounds and assets so that they have a game to show while they finish working on it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

And to everyone saying the snipers bloom doesnt matter...

This has happened to me many times in Reach, you go to reload the sniper and you press YY to cancel the reload to shoot, the YY makes the sniper have bloom and if you shoot while the bloom is resetting the bullet does not go in the center of the crosshair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The engine is supposed to be different, lighting, textures and sounds are supposed to be different.

why critique things that have no affect on gameplay?

bro....lighting, textures and sounds do affect the gameplay.

lighting

if the glare from the sun on sanctuary is too bright one team will benefit from the other having a harder time seeing players

textures

if grenades don't bounce how you want because of complicated textures then it's an issue...(this happened in newer halo titles)

sound

if footsteps are too loud it ruins flanking...1v1's and smaller scale matches essentially turn into a who hears who first affair...look at halo 4

you're looking at the game from a very small window if you don't take these things into consideration

Like almost this whole post:

-H4 Announcer -who cares? It's still the same dude that's always announced

the announcer makes a comment on almost everything you do in-game...do we really need to hear "comeback kill" every time we kill someone that killed us previously? however, it's not one of my main concerns

damn near everyone hates the new medals...there was no need to completely revamp them...they were cooler looking before and now they suck

-Hitmarkers - Ok, not traditionally in Halo. Shields lighting up give us the same info. Take em or leave em

i'm fine with hitmarkers, it's nice to know when my bullets register..however that's not what ppl are complaining about...it's the hitmarkers on grenades...it's basically radar attached to a grenade...it's a nooby add-on to the game

-Weapon Indicators - Agreed, these aren't really necessary

I understand why these were put in..so newer players or those at the bottom of the totem pole can have some sort of knowledge to where stuff spawn

-All Dyanmic Elements - Meh, until we see how they effect gameplay

not a fan...they will slow down gameplay

-Added Parts to Maps - Meh, until we see how they effect gameplay

these have potential

-Sniper Bloom - Not actually a bloom mechanic, just visual HUD flair. Who cares?

pointless add-on that adds more shit to the screen..

-Br Sound/Sniper Sound - who cares? I personally think they sound good

weapons sound too muffled...343 wants guns to sound "beefy" but they're adding too much bass to them...sniper sounds like a rocket launcher. 343's sound design has been hit or miss...

-Overshield Pickup Sound - It actually sounds more like the Halo CE OS which I really like

you can hear someone picking up the OS while standing at little tower...the OS spawns on the walkway below big tower...that's a big problem. No one is complain about the sound of picking it up but how far the sound travels across maps...

We also don't know how much of this is complete, and how many placeholders they're using. It might have been easier for them to just import Halo 4 sounds and assets so that they have a game to show while they finish working on it.

this is true...but just in-case they were thinking of keeping a lot of these things we have voiced our complaints (not just us..the entire community) about them to give 343 an idea of what we liked and what we didn't...

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

bro....lighting, textures and sounds do affect the gameplay.

lighting

if the glare from the sun on sanctuary is too bright one team will benefit from the other having a harder time seeing players

textures

if grenades don't bounce how you want because of complicated textures then it's an issue...(this happened in newer halo titles)

sound

if footsteps are too loud it ruins flanking...1v1's and smaller scale matches essentially turn into a who hears who first affair...look at halo 4

And yet the questions still remains why critique things that DON'T affect gameplay. As for your points on lighting, texture and sound  the only real point you brought up was how sound may affect gameplay. Regardless, sound is no advantage to any one person unless you don't have ears.

• Downvote (-1) 1

And yet the questions still remains why critique things that DON'T affect gameplay. As for your points on lighting, texture and sound  the only real point you brought up was how sound may affect gameplay. Regardless, sound is no advantage to any one person unless you don't have ears.

russfail.gif

seriously? aight man..

• Upvote (+1) 3

Little things matter too, they can add much more depth to the game and add longevity to it too. Playlist EXP in Halo 3 had no impact to gameplay at all and was just a visual thing in the UI, but it made some people play more to get their 2500 EXP in a playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hit markers degrade gameplay and communication - As with all the best halos you see if you shot someone by the shield reaction from bullets. That's how we tell. Hitting someone by throwing a grenade into a random location shouldn't be a form of "radar". Your grenade isn't a smart grenade, it just blows up. It shouldn't tell you you hit someone. This is a cod implementation, and should be removed.

The graphics are pretty good, even if they look a little halo 4 ish, but the colors are exaggerated. Not a game killer, just exaggerated. 

The medals are horrible. They are straight from halo 4 and we want some classic h2 medals. 

The new dynamic maps are over played, Bottom middle of ascension was not to provide a shield but was deep enough where you had cover on all edges. Sanctuary never had water even near it. So water pours down over the edges to blind players? The competitive aspect of this is degrading. Sanctuary's symmetry and destructive fun, was how face paced it was because of the cover/lack of and strategies. shooting the water out, keeps players blind in their base, and allows a swarm effect directly onto the objective. If that's going to be implemented then i hope its temporary like the shield. 

I haven't played it yet, but if it's at pax I should be able to write more. 

I'm generally pretty happy with it. My one complaint would be that I don't want Halo 4 medals back, they just didn't feel satisfying because there was way too many.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As far as hit indicators go, the grenade blast radius is pretty small. Usually when you throw one, you already have an idea of where your opponent is going to be. I doubt that even at a high level, grenades will be used as a radar supplement. You're not crosssmapping grendaes randomly. Even if it is something that can be used in leiu of radar, this will be information that both sides can take advantage of, so I don't really see how it breaks the game. I'm open to examples though.

I think the sun glare issue is also overstated, I've watch several live demos of Sanc. gameplay, and wasn't once unable to discern where an opponent was. We're all speculating off of a screenshot that was taken which also represents the worst case scenario. At the same time, it's not in motion, and there's no spartan in the shot. At the very least you would see a silhouette without a friendly indicator.

I agree that if we're going back to weapon pickups on map, weapon indicators should go since we should reward players that have better timing and awareness.

It just seems to me like a lot of people want to dog this portion of MCC because it's 343i who made H4, and since H4=badgame, H2A = badgame. A lot of the criticism I've read so far just seems kind of petty. They've already said that it's a remake "in the spirit of the original" and they've also included the original in the same package. Again, I'm open to hearing different viewpoints.

• Upvote (+1) 1

- Grenade Indictaor's/Hitmarkers

- Loud Footsteps

- 1 Layer OS

- H4 Medals

- H4's Slow ass shield recharge time should be 4 seconds like H2/H3.

Those are my main complains so far don't care about dynamic elements because they can be removed or covered up with forge so there a non factor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The medals, the announcer, the grenade hitmarkers, the Ascension bubble shield, the Sanctuary shotgun-to-sniper grav lifts (the latter two of hwich can be fixed, of course. I just don't like them there at all, really).

That is my biggest problem with H2A right now

Smaller Medals=Worse montages 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't wanna regurgitate everything that's already been said in this thread and the mcc thread...but wtf is the point of bloom on the sniper? are we that remedial that we can't figure out the guns ROF after using it a few times? the bloom is pure visual to indicate when the player can fire again (because it obviously does nothing to the bullet)...it was in halo 4 and now in h2a...it's the most pointless change for the sake of change that 343 has done to halo...

and that 1 layer OS was the most pathetic thing I saw all day...nto to mention the long ass timer it was...good lord...even halo 2 got dumbed down lol...

nah you're right...fuck giving feedback...let's just accept what they make and give us....you must really hate how much this community and the other halo communities were the causes for the different changes in halo 4...we should have accepted that atrocity as it was handed to us..

At least it won't be the tournament Halo we play :)

Speaking of glare, was annoying on Wreckage in Halo 4.

jbxfbRwqGgH2jW.png

wtf....smh....why does certain affinity continue to do this? we can have next-gen pretty maps without that stuff...

• Upvote (+1) 2

why turn off radar when u can just hear the direction they are in?

also lighting affects gameplay, see cyren's picture

texture affects gameplay, see halo3guardian @ topmid or the infamous grenade trap @ [email protected] window. Or see halo4 forge maps where there are invisible walls around objects so instead of sniping some1 in the face, you hit an invisible wall. the latter i mentioned is also a bad way to add textures. you should mix them both appropriately. top mid on guardian should have the halo4 approach, but things like pillars should have only tiny crevices walled.

sound affects gameplay, see any high level halo4 1v1 videos. user @@GUNPLEX posted a 1v1 vs ninja not so long ago.

take @11:25 the only reason gunplex knew he was there was because he could hear him (and he was even outside of normal radar range).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah I don't understand why we can't just have silent footsteps. You would think that in the 26th century, they would have found a way of making footsteps quiet, but no, lore only makes sense when it's trying to screw you over!

There isn't much that I don't like after seeing the Gamescom build... maybe just the player names appearing through certain walls and a visible bug here or there... and the questionable lighting and geometry in parts, on Sanctuary in particular, but overall the game is looking awesome!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Some things i didnt like

1. OS alerts everyone and went down even when not shot

(I think old h2 os didnt start depleting til shot) <-- correct me if im wrong

2. Enemy gamertags showing through walls

3. Grenade indicator

4. SMG sounds horrible (original sounded better) "TOO LOUD"

5. Metal Textures on Ascension were changing constantly

6. Comback kill medal "There should be a medal to remind you that your doing bad" lol

7. Medals arnt original halo 2 medals

When i think of more i will post them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Things I find wrong/upsetting about H2A (Alot of this has been said, sorry)

-Halo 4 engine (what)

-Sniper Bloom

-Grenade indicators/hitmarkers

-No button glitches

-Assuming H2 sword is not making a return

-Slowed BR kill time(Can sort of deal without button glitches if this was faster)

-Halo 4 announcer/medals

-Footsteps too loud

-Why is there an AR in Halo 2

-Music at end of game

-One layer OS

-

I may have been completely misunderstood this entire time since E3 (I was screaming in joy for most of the announcement and panel) but I WAS LED TO BELIEVE that this game was going to be ran on the ORIGINAL HALO 2 engine, with a visual overhaul. This is what halo fans everywhere have dreamt about probably since September 25, 2007. Ever since the reveal at E3, seeing that gameplay sort of worried me because it did not seem like H2 (mostly because of the HUD) but in my mind I could obviously deal with a new HUD if it meant I could BXR and double shot once again, but in full HD and 60 FPS. I felt 12 again which I am sure many of you did as well. More recently with the new gameplay videos coming out I began to realize that something was indeed fishy. This became extremely apparent when I watched the Delta Halo campaign footage. I watched Ghandi's recent video of where he discussed H2A and H5 Beta and I finally heard him say H2A was running on the H4 engine (Que "You Give Love a Bad Name"). I did not find the core gameplay of H4 to be absolutely horrible. It was alot of the other aspects that made it an atrocity. I am in no way calling H4 a good game. But it was good to see the hitscan BR make a come back, but it was done incorrectly. I digress, but as you all know there were many issues in H4. Just hearing the word Halo 4 in the same sentence as Halo 2 is an injustice to my ears, mind, body and soul. The gameplay I have seen of H2A has not looked horrible. I believe it is a step in the general direction of where people want it to be once again. Given, alot of the things we have seen are placeholders because of the use of the Halo 4 engine, but there are still some issues. You must understand why I am going off on such a tangent. I am not trying to bash 343. They are a company who is made up of people who are passionate about this franchise just as much as we are. As soon as there was a power shift from Bungie to 343, they listened to the community and made various changes to Halo: Reach. Bungie very seldom made changes to their games based upon the community gripe. Different people want different things, and it must be overwhelming to try to please everybody. Bungie only made changes when it majorly effected gameplay (I.E. Pre Patch H2, 1.0 H3 with the Melee ordeal). 343 has made an abundance of changes to H4 (I honestly cannot remember them all specifically off the top of my head, I remember them making the BR a 4SK) and have claimed to learned their lesson from H4 (Kiki Wolfkill has said this). However, us Halo fans have watched our game be stepped all over for almost 5 years now and watched our King Kong fall from the top of the Empire State. We only want the best and the Halo community becomes very hostile toward unnecessary change, because we have watched these changes run what was once the biggest console FPS around town into just one of those games a kid picks up at Target with his mom and throws back on the shelf. Halo was once a legendary game. I remember where I was when I first played Halo 1, where I was when Halo 2 came out and remember the months and months before Halo 3 released waiting in the most anticipation I have ever felt for anything in my whole life. These games were larger than life, having giant release parties that filled Times Square and crushed sales records like they were nothing. Some of the fondest memories I have of my younger years of life involve a basement, a whole ton of young kids all playing Halo 2 and having the time of our lives. I had never seen a bigger competition to be better than the kid next to you or even yet the best in the school! Sorry I keep going on these tangents, I am at work and just ranting really but my ultimate point is that this game, Halo 2, is something many of people hold very dear in their hearts. Doing this game an injustice should be a crime, and I believe since we have likeminded people working for 343, they will make this game the best they can. However my big question is just why could they not do what they did with the Campaign and cross that over to the multiplayer? I am not a game developer, I do not know the technicalities of it. But, in H:CEA MANY of us were disappointed that there was no original H1 Multiplayer. The reason given to us was along the lines of, the original multiplayer was not designed to support Xbox live and making it compatible was not something they could fit into the timeframe. Understandable. However, Halo 2 WAS Xbox Live for many years. Why could they not throw a fancy facelift on the MP and give us all what we all have drooled over like a schoolboy in a sears catalog for years? It just doesn't make sense to me. Some people will respond to that by saying the series needs to evolve a little bit to appeal to the newer gaming audience, and I somewhat agree with this. The only thing I have to say about that is Halo 5 and eventually Halo 6. Leave the "innovations" to the future titles. That is just how I feel. It's obviously too late in the show now for 343 to completely re-overhaul the game. At least we still have original H2 to play around with. But a visual overhaul would have been nice. I hope this game ends up being a combination of everything we loved about Halo Multiplayer smacked into one title with some stellar maps to battle it out in. They still have alot of time to make this game the best it can possibly be and I have faith that they will do a good job with it. But, at the end of the day it is not Halo 2. And that's a little upsetting. I highly doubt anyone from 343 will read this, but if they do, I hope you take this into consideration. Make us proud, we're counting on you.

• Upvote (+1) 3