CyReN

Halo 2: Anniversary Pro-Team Showdown VoD

In case anyone missed it, series score below:

Dersky/Neighbor 5-0 Ghost/Killer V

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Other than the crazy light flickering all over Ascension it looks great. There is a strange animation when going through a teleporter that was pretty cool (43:00). OS looks like it did back in the day which is good, but it seems weak (43:50). Can't wait for all the rage that comes from the noob combo again  :ghost: .

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Footsteps were too loud, and not a fan of the huge red arrow damage direction indicators; hope these are only a placeholder or something.

Looked pretty sweet regardless.

So in the Anniversary multiplayer are all the weapons exactly the same from the original or have they been tweaked?  I wouldn't appreciate if the BR had spread like it did in Halo 3/4.

So in the Anniversary multiplayer are all the weapons exactly the same from the original or have they been tweaked? I wouldn't appreciate if the BR had spread like it did in Halo 3/4.

It looks like everything is different at this point. Close range weapons look stronger, the BR reload animation looks slower. I don't think any definitive kill time teats have been done yet.

It looks like everything is different at this point. Close range weapons look stronger, the BR reload animation looks slower. I don't think any definitive kill time teats have been done yet.

I'm curious to how this will turn out in the end.  I don't mind weapons being strong in their niches but from what I've seen the sniper looks ridiculous considering how much slower the BR kills compared to it.  The sniper looks to be similar to its CE incarnation as of right now.

You can tell right away this is not exactly classic H2 but it was still fun to watch regardless.

I want to see Gandhi+Ghost versus Neighbor+Dersky #hireGandhi

wow, they put in the nade indicator.  This game is going to blow.

I don't understand why people are freaking out about grenade indicators. Yeah, I would rather them not be in, but nades explode so fast in Halo that they barely even matter. A grenade indicator will not help you avoid a well placed nade.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm curious to how this will turn out in the end.  I don't mind weapons being strong in their niches but from what I've seen the sniper looks ridiculous considering how much slower the BR kills compared to it.  The sniper looks to be similar to its CE incarnation as of right now.

Well the halo 1 and 2 Snipers have almost the same rate of fire, in fact I think they are exactly the same.  Halo 2's Sniper has massive aim assist and is hitscan too.  They started lowering the Sniper rate of fire with Halo 3.

I don't expect the H2A to be as strong as the H2 sniper when compared directly, but if the BR is weaker in H2A we may run into issues.

I can t want to play this! Just a few adjustments needed for this, take out the placeholders and put in the actual gameplay elements, and this is ready to play. Who cares if its a hint different...its looks very enjoyable. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

yeah grenade indicators are kinda bad, but overall this was fucking incredible. Its like Halo 4 was 343's failed midterm, but MCC and H2A 343 clutched that shit. yo im about to cry tears of pure ecstasy i am in heaven. when ghost shield flickered on ascension on the snipe ramp that was orgasmic in 60fps. I would fap so hard to this if I could.

Why would they play with a motion sensor on?

Because when you're showcasing the game to your customers for the first time, you show what they're likely to play, or at least resembles the most the default experience.

There was nothing at stake during that series. Putting the radar off would have raised unnecessary questions and complaints from most people. 

Those who want the radar off know that it can be taken off, the opposite isn't always true. That's how it makes sense.

On a different note, it would be cool if the grenade indicator could be turned off as a whole for a given mode.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wouldn't be mad if there's a H2A Online tourney. Not at all.

We could use forge to make Ascension playable possibly the have a bo3 tourney using that, Sanc, and Lockout? I wouldn't be mad either.

Sanc Flag

Sanc Bomb

Sanc Slayer

Sanc Hill

Lockout Ball

Lockout Slayer

Lockout Hill

Ascension Slayer

Ascension Hill

These could all potentially be viable gametypes assuming that we're getting Lockout and another BTB map. Not to mention the possibility of forge maps made on coag, as rumored.

We could use forge to make Ascension playable possibly the have a bo3 tourney using that, Sanc, and Lockout? I wouldn't be mad either.

Sanc Flag

Sanc Bomb

Sanc Slayer

Sanc Hill

Lockout Ball

Lockout Slayer

Lockout Hill

Ascension Slayer

Ascension Hill

These could all potentially be viable gametypes assuming that we're getting Lockout and another BTB map. Not to mention the possibility of forge maps made on coag, as rumored.

Theres some potential there for sure. Cant say im a huge fan of the core mechanics/sandbox, but map wise certainly. Throw in some 1 flag, and if its the H4 engine I imagine we will get extraction (2 plot sanc will be good), forge a symmetrical map and and asym map.

Ascension Slayer

Ascension Hill

So I'm sitting here wondering what's wrong with Ascension Ball (esp. with the giant bubble thing which could add a lot to the metagame OR ruin the pace - would require proper testing). I know there's a lot of places (perhaps too many) where you can play the ball, but it's definitely a map where hard setups are needed and holding power positions makes sense. Other than that though, I think the new Ascension could be viable for Slayer if done right. The routes are good, and the rocket lift isn't too loud.

But I can't say I'm a fan of how weak that OS felt. Camo on semi-fast respawn would have a much stronger appeal.