Jump to content
L0l0

Halo 5 Beta Midship Preview May Confirm Sprint [ I saw it coming ]

Recommended Posts

http://videogames.cosmicbooknews.com/content/haloguardians017jpg

 

To the right and behind the central cylinder, you'll see another cylinder, with another level of the map above it (its also to the left of a doorway). I'm assuming this is a trick jump, and thus would be about spartan height.

 

If this is the case, the lengths between cover seem pretty short. Actually, even by early Halo standards that seems short.

 

Guardians Concept Art

 

That map, assuming scale based on not only presumed jumps as well as relative size to the stairs and such, doesn't really seem THAT big. I mean, think of how big The Pit actually is; this map looks as though it could be relatively the same size, and thus not indicative of Halo 5 having sprint.

 

However, until we see the entire map and know which game types it is supposed to support (4v4, 5v5, 8v8, etc.), there's really no telling.

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly, if sprint is in the game it has to be because Microsoft is forcing them to do it. You can basically go on any Halo forum, even the casual ones, and you will see a lot of threads complaining about sprint.

 

> Sprint hypothetically in Halo 5

> Microsoft is to blame

> Makes sense

 

that's like saying Call of Duty sucks because of Activision and not Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Sledgehammer. Microsoft is just the producer. They front the cash for the Halo franchise. If you're going to blame them for something, blame them for funding Halo Reach and Halo 4.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

> Sprint hypothetically in Halo 5

> Microsoft is to blame

> Makes sense

 

that's like saying Call of Duty sucks because of Activision and not Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Sledgehammer. Microsoft is just the producer. They front the cash for the Halo franchise. If you're going to blame them for something, blame them for funding Halo Reach and Halo 4.

 

You don't think the people fronting the cash have say-so?

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

You don't think the people fronting the cash have say-so?

On the stage that Microsoft funds Halo. If they are doing any "do this" shit, it'll be more for the Social aspect of Halo. Example: The Halo Channel.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

> Sprint hypothetically in Halo 5

> Microsoft is to blame

> Makes sense

 

that's like saying Call of Duty sucks because of Activision and not Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Sledgehammer. Microsoft is just the producer. They front the cash for the Halo franchise. If you're going to blame them for something, blame them for funding Halo Reach and Halo 4.

share holders/investers: copy CoD or we leave.

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Anyway, sprint will obviously never be a good thing, but there are ways it can be tweaked to make it a little less obnoxious, like forcing the player out of sprint and into cooldown upon taking damage. That keeps it from functioning as a cheap escape button at least.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

> Sprint hypothetically in Halo 5

> Microsoft is to blame

> Makes sense

 

that's like saying Call of Duty sucks because of Activision and not Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Sledgehammer. Microsoft is just the producer. They front the cash for the Halo franchise. If you're going to blame them for something, blame them for funding Halo Reach and Halo 4.

 

You're not too keen on how the business side of things works, are you?

 

It's just like a movie production company: the studio fronts the cash the the movie with the understanding they'll make the money back. Because they're the primary (and in Halo's case, the ONLY) investor, the folk making the flick have to take into consideration things called "studio notes"; meaning, the investors want certain things out of the project, be it certain scenes in the movie, or certain actors, etc.

 

The video game industry is not all together different from that standpoint. Microsoft may not be actually making the game, but they do have a resounding impact on certain aspects of the game.

 

Whether or not sprint is one of them, is debatable. But to think they have no influence at all is absurd.

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

You're not too keen on how the business side of things works, are you?

 

It's just like a movie production company: the studio fronts the cash the the movie with the understanding they'll make the money back. Because they're the primary (and in Halo's case, the ONLY) investor, the folk making the flick have to take into consideration things called "studio notes"; meaning, the investors want certain things out of the project, be it certain scenes in the movie, or certain actors, etc.

 

The video game industry is not all together different from that standpoint. Microsoft may not be actually making the game, but they do have a resounding impact on certain aspects of the game.

 

Whether or not sprint is one of them, is debatable. But to think they have no influence at all is absurd.

 

 

On the stage that Microsoft funds Halo. If they are doing any "do this" shit, it'll be more for the Social aspect of Halo. Example: The Halo Channel.

Share this post


Link to post

 

 

Yes well I was typing my reply when you made yours, so...

 

EDIT: And no, it's not just social stuff. Being that the games pave the way for said "social stuff", they have a primary vested interest in the games themselves.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes well I was typing my reply when you made yours, so...

 

EDIT: And no, it's not just social stuff. Being that the games pave the way for said "social stuff", they have a primary vested interest in the games themselves.

The size of the Halo franchise. I don't think they have a primary focus drive on the games ANYMORE. Yes, from Halo 1, 2 and arguably 3 - it was all about the games. Only the hardcore lore masters follow the rest of the Halo universe but still, that's a vast universe. As big as our "own, real universe" and other sci-fi universes. It's not ALL about the games anymore. The games are a decent chunk, dont get me wrong. But to say they still invest more in the games is absurd it self because they just dont.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The size of the Halo franchise. I don't think they have a primary focus drive on the games ANYMORE. Yes, from Halo 1, 2 and arguably 3 - it was all about the games. Only the hardcore lore masters follow the rest of the Halo universe but still, that's a vast universe. As big as our "own, real universe" and other sci-fi universes. It's not ALL about the games anymore. The games are a decent chunk, dont get me wrong. But to say they still invest more in the games is absurd it self because they just dont.

 

The games are the original lore, and they are what drive interest into other aspects of the franchise.

 

Nobody is walking out of Barnes & Noble with a copy of the latest Halo novel because they just happened across it while browsing. They were a fan of the games first.

 

And being that the games are a HUGE source of the revenue for the franchise, I'd go ahead and say yeah: they give a damn about the games. It's the the primary focus, due to revenue, due to the cost that goes into them (and thus risk), and the best potential for the most ROI.

 

Trust me dude, I've been a part of that world (a small part of it) for nearly 14 years now. I know how companies/investors work and where their focus is.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

That's not to say you're wrong about the social / Halo Channel part of it, because you're not: they definitely are very likely pushing that. But at the end of the day, if the games fall flat on their face, nobody is going to give a damn about "The Halo Channel", nor will the franchise continue to garner new fans.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Let's be real here Microsoft gives zero shits about whether or not the multiplayer has sprint in it there or not they would care more about the campaign thats the reason why most casuals buy it and they aren't developers as long people buy the game and Xbox ones consoles too play the game there bottom line is what matters too them.

 

Most of this comes off too me as an excuse too deflect the blame away from 343 if Halo 5 is a shit game.

Share this post


Link to post

343 made a demo of h4 that had more "classic halo gameplay" and MS said no to it. Idk it seems MS has a good hand when it comes to Halo dev

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

343 made a demo of h4 that had more "classic halo gameplay" and MS said no to it. Idk it seems MS has a good hand when it comes to Halo dev

I believe Frankie debunked that on GAF by saying it was just a portion of Campaign they showed. Who knows, though, he could be lying.

Share this post


Link to post

343 made a demo of h4 that had more "classic halo gameplay" and MS said no to it. Idk it seems MS has a good hand when it comes to Halo dev

I remember when that was brought up a while ago and that was referring too a part of the Campaign not MP and it was never mentioned that Microsoft did anything 343 themselves didn't like it which is why it was scrapped.

Share this post


Link to post

Ah word. Gotcha.

 

Anyways, there are a lot of articles, interviews that state that when it comes to triple AAA games, development freedom is a lot less compared to Lesser known developers. A lot of employees actually quit the higher end jobs because of low amount of creativity.

 

A few people here who actually work in the game industry say the same deal IIRC. You don't have much freedom to work with

 

Maybe MS doesn't care about Sprint, but they definitely do have some sort of presence at least in the development phase. Tho maybe I am exaggerating on how much

Share this post


Link to post

gameplay was pretty slow and it worries me that the pros were avoiding long range br battles where the h2 br should have no problems but they couldn't hit anything? don't tell me there's spread on the br now.. :'(

Share this post


Link to post

gameplay was pretty slow and it worries me that the pros were avoiding long range br battles where the h2 br should have no problems but they couldn't hit anything? don't tell me there's spread on the br now.. :'(

Supposedly the BR is too easy to kill with at long range. The reticle actually gets smaller when you zoom in, so I doubt there's spread.

Share this post


Link to post

Ah word. Gotcha.

 

Anyways, there are a lot of articles, interviews that state that when it comes to triple AAA games, development freedom is a lot less compared to Lesser known developers. A lot of employees actually quit the higher end jobs because of low amount of creativity.

 

A few people here who actually work in the game industry say the same deal IIRC. You don't have much freedom to work with

 

Maybe MS doesn't care about Sprint, but they definitely do have some sort of presence at least in the development phase. Tho maybe I am exaggerating on how much

Exactly. Here's an article where Peter Molyneux basically says that he left his company because he was sick of Microsoft telling him what he could and couldn't do with his games.

 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/11/why-peter-molyneux-left-microsoft

Share this post


Link to post

Supposedly the BR is too easy to kill with at long range. The reticle actually gets smaller when you zoom in, so I doubt there's spread.

Well the engine is basically the Halo 4 one copy and pasted it so the aim assist is probably the same I hope they don't nerf it and add spread now that we finally gotten a utility rifle and then 343 copys that and we get another Halo 3 BR.

Share this post


Link to post

gameplay was pretty slow

That radar gameplay was really painful to watch. Just had the last 2 games on in the background because the majority of the time it was just crouch walking or waiting behind a wall for the other player to make a move. Zzzzz

Share this post


Link to post

That no radar gameplay was really painful to watch. Just had the last 2 games on in the background because the majority of the time it was just crouch walking or waiting behind a wall for the other player to make a move. Zzzzz

don't you mean radar gameplay?

Share this post


Link to post

Ah word. Gotcha.

 

Anyways, there are a lot of articles, interviews that state that when it comes to triple AAA games, development freedom is a lot less compared to Lesser known developers. A lot of employees actually quit the higher end jobs because of low amount of creativity.

 

A few people here who actually work in the game industry say the same deal IIRC. You don't have much freedom to work with

 

Maybe MS doesn't care about Sprint, but they definitely do have some sort of presence at least in the development phase. Tho maybe I am exaggerating on how much

0Le7HZb.gif

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Really hard to say =/ I was just thinking about that as well that the size of the map seems bigger. But could resolution play a part in making it seem a lot bigger? Has that been discussed?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.