Sign in to follow this  
Davesterio

Will H2A have DLC? (Update from Bonnie Ross)

Aside from the 6 remastered maps do you guys think that there's a possibility for DLC?
If we can get some known people in the scene to tweet out to 343 that'd be great.

Maybe 343 plans to have a small team dedicated to this so that it doesn't interrupt Halo 5 development?

All speculation but I don't see anybody not wanting more maps to play in the H2A engine as long as it doesn't take anything away from Halo 5.

EDIT:

Bonnie Ross comments saying that DLC is a possibility

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aside from the 6 remastered maps do you guys think that there's a possibility for DLC?

If we can get some known people in the scene to tweet out to 343 that'd be great.

Maybe 343 plans to have a small team dedicated to this so that it doesn't interrupt Halo 5 development?

All speculation but I don't see anybody not wanting more maps to play in the H2A engine as long as it doesn't take anything away from Halo 5.

I have had this discussion with RipShade on this before. It is entirely possible, BUT they don't want to use all the maps for Halo 5, considering Midship is now a Halo 5 map.

It is possible, but it will only be certain maps that may be less popular.

doesn't sound like it from what Frank's said.  if they do have as many on-disk maps as it seems in H5 (based on the beta having 7 maps) I bet they want all resources on making those.

I want to say all maps are free and come on the disk / if they make new maps that would be great but will over 100 maps im not sure if i could handle more

I want to say all maps are free and come on the disk / if they make new maps that would be great but will over 100 maps im not sure if i could handle more

Well each game has around 20 maps (complete random estimate but I'm guessing with on disc+dlc) and with the H2A engine there's only 6.

Not complaining at all but wouldn't hurt to add more options for that engine!

I think they will. I would be shocked if MCC didn't have some form of DLC, and I am not sure of anything else that could be done besides more weapon skins for H4. I suppose they could do new armor permutations for the games.

What could they possibly do for DLC though? More H2A maps?

I mean for $60 we're getting 100 maps, including some of the GOATs that are literally timeless.

And would you not rather them focus on making H5's MP worthwhile versus making worse variations of H2 maps we already have...

What could they possibly do for DLC though? More H2A maps?

I mean for $60 we're getting 100 maps, including some of the GOATs that are literally timeless.

And would you not rather them focus on making H5's MP worthwhile versus making worse variations of H2 maps we already have...

I've touched on both of those topics.

I've touched on both of those topics.

to me it just makes no sense from a business standpoint.

The real purpose of this collection is a throwback for the fans to own all the MC Halo games in one package. H1-H3 will see a vast majority of the online population as time goes on. The H2A maps are just an added bonus type thing. After the first few weeks when all the 'oohs and ahs" wear off the H2A playlist will see a steady decline.

Backwash and Tombstone aren't going to remaster themselves.

Forge will tho  :frankerz:

I would pay for DLC for sure / But a huge + to the NO DLC idea is EVERYONE has all the same maps so you can play every map when you add dlc in it starts to change / what type of matches you can or cant get.

Bonnie Ross comments on DLC:

Pretty much says that the question comes up a lot and says to wait until the next 2 anniversary maps are announced and then they'll see what they can do in the future. (She makes it sound like there will be DLC)

The way I see it, if demand is there and Microsoft costs it and determines that it'll make money, they'll get Certain Affinity on it. It would be a very strange move to release a new title with 0 support, even if that title is a mishmash of remakes. I fully expect them to release more maps for Halo 2 Anniversary. And if it does happen, the maps would have to not clash with anything on Halo 5, but that still leaves plenty of options open.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remake all Competitive Halo 2 maps and put the gametypes on the new engine. I think that would be pretty cool.

Remake all Competitive Halo 2 maps and put the gametypes on the new engine. I think that would be pretty cool.

ewww

do we just jump on everything new for the sake of it? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't be surprised if there was DLC in the future. For the $60 we're spending we're already getting an amazing deal. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to see 2-3 DLC map packs with 3 maps each for H2A over the months between MCC and H5 to bring the total up to 12-15 beautiful hi-def maps. Assuming the last 2 are Lockout and Ivory Tower, I'd like to see other H2 maps like Warlock, Midship (I don't care if its in H2A and H5), Waterworks, Containment, Backwash (who knows a complete remake could transform it into something really cool), Relic, etc. Or the map packs could bring trios of maps from other Halo games into the H2A engine. One of the few things missing from MCC is the ability to cross maps and gameplay from separate games like playing CE maps with H2 settings or H3 maps with CE settings and the like. How cool would it be to get a remastered CE map pack of Prisoner, Damnation, and Hang Em High for H2A?

Why I have I seen so many requests for Backwash? Is it like some sort of inside joke? That map was hilariously bad on Halo 2. I would love to see DLC as follows:

Combat pack:

Warlock

Colossus

Turf

Skirmish pack:

Terminal

Relic

Burial Mounds

That would give a nice balance between 4v4 flag, bomb, and slayer. Turf and Warlock also offer themselves well to 1v1/2v2.

No matter what happens, Burial Mounds is such an underrated map, and I can only imagine how incredible it would look, feel and play on H2A Team Skirmish/Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1