NOXLemon

Contrarian Opinion: Halo MCC will be terrible

At the end of the day, I just want a better fucking game than the shit that we've been handed over the last 4 years.

only a good game can revive teh squed

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only reason the MMC will be terrible at this point will be if they screw up the matchmaking. Hopefully it's not a clusterfuck of playlists and games.

It's funny because your points would all be viable if they were true, you're just horribly misinformed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't see how the guy is misinformed? He said like 2 things that are wrong, big deal.

His overall message is something I think the community needs to hear again. The hypetrain is real, and this community falls for it every.damn.time.

The direction halo has gone in the past decade has been... well, severely disappointing. It LOOKS like 343 has begun to listen, and yet we still have a lot of shitty mechanics that no one wants there in H2A. Sure, that's not the full game and we'll still have Halo 2 and CE to play online- but those games absolutely will not save halo.

As a fan who has been continually let down, and has always been rather pessimistic(since the H3 beta), I see no reason to praise 343 and say "we back" until the game is in my hands and I've actually verified that it doesn't suck dick. I hate to say it, but we sure as hell aren't "back" with decade old games- we don't even know if tournaments will want to run them yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sure, that's not the full game and we'll still have Halo 2 and CE to play online- but those games absolutely will not save halo.

How will it absolutely not save Halo...when it is Halo? o.O

OP: These are pretty shallow reasons to respond so negatively towards what everyone has been asking for all along. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with you about how Valhalla looked better but lol at the rest

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't see how the guy is misinformed? He said like 2 things that are wrong, big deal.

His overall message is something I think the community needs to hear again. The hypetrain is real, and this community falls for it every.damn.time.

The direction halo has gone in the past decade has been... well, severely disappointing. It LOOKS like 343 has begun to listen, and yet we still have a lot of shitty mechanics that no one wants there in H2A. Sure, that's not the full game and we'll still have Halo 2 and CE to play online- but those games absolutely will not save halo.

As a fan who has been continually let down, and has always been rather pessimistic(since the H3 beta), I see no reason to praise 343 and say "we back" until the game is in my hands and I've actually verified that it doesn't suck dick. I hate to say it, but we sure as hell aren't "back" with decade old games- we don't even know if tournaments will want to run them yet.

BOLD = My answer to your question "How is this guy misinformed."

But I am of the opinion that Halo MCC is massively overhyped, will be a massive letdown to everyone and will be terrible. 

Thesis statement.

Let me just list a few bullet point reasons instead of a wall of text: (this is all based off gameplay I've seen of H2A so far)

Then goes into a list of why H2A, not MCC, will be a massive let down and terrible for everyone.

- Grenade Indicators       Halo CE was a modified Havok engine, H2 was a modified, and so on. This means H2A is using the H4 engine or a modified version of it.

- Copy & Paste of the H4 announcer        Why is this a problem? They used the original guy in multiple games too.

- Reach/H4 medals that look awful, are taken from H4 and are too small. (E.g: A sticky kill is now called a "Plasma kill")       Again it is essentially using the H4, or a modified verson, of the H4 engine. There is a high probability that this will make into Halo 5 too.

- Hit markers       See above.

- Weapon Indicators       Some people will argue that weapon indicators remove the barrier of needing to know and time weapons but it will not eliminate the team work needed to secure those weapons. In fact you will see higher levels of team work at lower skill levels because everyone in the game will contest weapons.

- Bloom on the sniper        It's all visual. There is no actual bloom. Its more or less an indication of when you can shoot again.

- Ranking System is universal and not Playlist-by-Playlist. (Taken from Heinz' twitter:

- (This one is highly subjective) IMO the next-gen graphics look "too bright" and "hard to look at", It's hard to put into words but I feel the new graphics are "too complicated". For example look at H3 Valhalla

compared to H4.

While the H4 graphics may be objectively better (and I don't know if anyone feels the same way) but it honestly hurts my eyes if I look at that H4 Valhalla picture for too long, H3 is no problem though. Same problem with H2A graphics. 

- Spartans look "plastic" and "cartoonish" (Like H4 Spartans) 

- H4 Sniper copied and pasted

- BR looks terrible and nothing like H2.

However I do some what agree. I do not think MLG is going to pick up this title, there are tournaments already announced so I think there will be some support.

If you think a collection of the best three Halo's plus Halo 4 for it's campaign and SPOPS cinematics(they were amazing) will suck then you are not a Halo fan and you need to go somewhere else. Idc where. Just go. Now.

Hurry.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 1 is the only game I plan on playing in the MCC, so if it's laggy then the whole game will be ruined for me. That would really suck, but I assume they've found a way to make it work.

BOLD = My answer to your question "How is this guy misinformed."

But I am of the opinion that Halo MCC is massively overhyped, will be a massive letdown to everyone and will be terrible. 

Thesis statement. 

Let me just list a few bullet point reasons instead of a wall of text: (this is all based off gameplay I've seen of H2A so far)

Then goes into a list of why H2A, not MCC, will be a massive let down and terrible for everyone. (okay? Still not misinformed)

- Grenade Indicators       Halo CE was a modified Havok engine, H2 was a modified, and so on. This means H2A is using the H4 engine or a modified version of it. (what does that have ANYTHING to do with using grenade indicators? Grenade indicators are BAD)

- Copy & Paste of the H4 announcer        Why is this a problem? They used the original guy in multiple games too. (because the quality has quite obviously degraded over time)

- Reach/H4 medals that look awful, are taken from H4 and are too small. (E.g: A sticky kill is now called a "Plasma kill")       Again it is essentially using the H4, or a modified verson, of the H4 engine. There is a high probability that this will make into Halo 5 too.  (that's not misinformation... its an opinion that the new graphical representation is bad, and it is. What does it matter that it'll probably end up in H5?)

- Hit markers       See above. (see above for what exactly? Again, there ARE hit markers, how is this a misinformed piece of information? How is anything you said relevant what so ever?)

- Weapon Indicators       Some people will argue that weapon indicators remove the barrier of needing to know and time weapons but it will not eliminate the team work needed to secure those weapons. In fact you will see higher levels of team work at lower skill levels because everyone in the game will contest weapons. (We don't care about low levels of play. Weapon indicators are still bad. And again, he isn't misinformed here- THERE ARE WEAPON INDICATORS. He is giving his opinion, that weapon indicators are bad).

- Bloom on the sniper        It's all visual. There is no actual bloom. Its more or less an indication of when you can shoot again. (do you actually know that for sure? No, you don't. He sees bloom functioning similarly to Reach/H4 and so do I, and that mechanic in general is a piece of crap in his opinion, and quite frankly mine as well)

However I do some what agree. I do not think MLG is going to pick up this title, there are tournaments already announced so I think there will be some support.

I think people need to understand that this guy gave his opinion on certain mechanics/features/whatever. He is in no way "misinformed" outside of like 2 points.

blindly negging him isn't doing any good.

We've all been hyped up and let down FOUR times. There is nothing wrong with being cautious going into this. In fact it's naive to think that there won't be a lot of significant disappointments. Frankly, I'll believe MCC will be as amazing as the community is hyping it up to be once I've finished a night of matchmade Halo CE and I don't have a weird a series of disappointed sighs and a bunch of WTF, WHY moments over the course of the evening. I'll believe it when I see it and not a minute sooner.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I only negged because you literally pointed out the smallest part of Halo MCC (at least to me). I could literally CARE LESS about anything besides having Halo 1,2,3 on dedicated servers with a 1-50 ranking system identical to Halo 2. Any true competitive gamer looks passed things like graphics because they don't effect the core gameplay. I still can't believe people care about that. There is a reason N64 is still one of the best gaming systems of all time. THE GAMES WERE GOOD.

The OP just really irritated me. Sure we have been let down before but come on they can't flat out lie and say it is going to be the EXACT replica of the old games and then change that on day 1. Give 343 some credit for once when they actually deserve it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

From what I have seen so far, I agree with a few points you have made. For example, I personally think the medals need to be changed, they are too small and complex which don't go hand in hand. In my opinion, the character models do look very cartoonish. I understand that 343 should have some ownership over MCC and hence it has a Halo 4 vibe but from the video it seems to me like a lot of elements from Halo 4 have been transferred over to H2A.

A lot of elements are placeholders, and since this new engine is a heavily altered variant of Halo 4, that's where they're coming from. The Sniper for example is no longer using the Halo 4 model and I think they changed the spot where the medals pop up. I do agree somewhat with the characters.

Also, I'm trying to see how this game would appeal to people who played halo post H2? For what reason would you want to play MCC (apart from 1080p and 60fps) if all you have ever played in your life was H3, HR and H4? 

I'll use my story as an example: I never got to play Halo 2's multiplayer, but I did play it's campaign around the same time. Many people who have played it say that it was amazing and that I truly missed out. And I now have the opportunity to play Halo 2 Multiplayer for the first time ever

*Can someone clarify for me, is this what the Halo 2 multiplayer will look like on MCC? Will you be able to revert to the original graphics but still play at 1080p 60fps or is this what it is going to look like?*

Unlike the campaign, Halo 2 Anniversary's multiplayer is completely separate from the original and acts as a remastering/director's cut of Halo 2's multiplayer, although it only has 6 maps. Like the Halo games other games, the original Halo 2 multiplayer is included with the sole changes being 60 FPS and 1080p. Nearly all of the footage of the Master Chief Collection is from H2A.

Thanks,

Blueprint

I suppose your visual complaints are valid, because that is an opinion, but if that truly makes H2A "terrible" for you then don't play it.

How can you say H1 will be bad online? You don't fucking know. You literally are guessing

You then conclude the MCC will flop by ONLY stating the visuals in H2A, in your opinion, look bad. If you think the game will flop based on only your opinion of visuals, you're ********.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The hype train leaves no survivors. Leave him, he's a straggler.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol is this guy serious?

H2A =/= MCC

The Master Chief Collection can't even be a "bad game", because it's not its own game in the first place.

Word.  MCC could exist completely sans H2A (or H3 for that matter) and it would make absolutely zero difference.

It's okay, I understand but shit man.

Stay at the station while we're on the train waving back at you.