Y0S3FF

1-50 Ranking System Confirmed For The Master Chief Collection

It's about the mindset. 343 certainly made their own mistakes, but they seem to have at least learned and listened. H4 was largely a byproduct of Reach, which itself was the culmination of Bungie taking Halo in the wrong direction for 2, arguably 3 games.  

Am not going to put on my <343 trousers just yet, but they're ultimately doing more for the franchise as a whole than Bungie.

we can't really say this just yet until we see halo 5. lets not forget that TMCC is 3/4s bungie game and h2:A being modeled after H2 and nothing to do with there own mindset so we don't actually know if they've learned anything or not from this. TMCC is also a big marketing stunt to push the xbox one to be a viable competitor to the ps4 and get people extra hyped for H5.

considering most of the games aren't even remakaes but just ports so pretty much just re-compiled for the xbox one means that stuff like ranks comes a long with it by default. seeing as 343i wants to keep the same experience it just makes sense to make a 1 unified ranking system because 2 out of the 4 games have there own different systems. h2 and h3 both had 1-50 but implemented differently, to keep them both independent from one another would cause some confusion so unify it is just more intuitive.

i don't see much of what 343i has done for the community other then just feed us stuff we want to hear and see instead of making a real effort. i'd agree that they've done more for the community if they took the initiative to do unique things for the community but so fare we have yet to see to really see this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The way they worded the ranking system was confusing to me.  Do they mean you will have just one global rank that spans across all playlists and can be ranked up by playing any halo game?  That's what it sounded like to me and sounds like it would be awful if it were implemented(a 40 in Halo 4 is not the same as a 40 in Halo 1)

• Upvote (+1) 1

They literally showed a 46 in Team Slayer as an example. Ranks will be different for each playlist like they were in h2/h3.

Guys, I know we have been hurt a lot in the past and both bungie and 343i have presented us with a lot of bullshit and all. But I think we have already hit rock bottom and things will get better from here on out, have at least a little faith in MCC. I'm sure it'll be an awesome collection of games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow even a thread confirming 1-50 got derailed, that's actually pretty impressive lol. 

The way they worded the ranking system was confusing to me.  Do they mean you will have just one global rank that spans across all playlists and can be ranked up by playing any halo game?  That's what it sounded like to me and sounds like it would be awful if it were implemented(a 40 in Halo 4 is not the same as a 40 in Halo 1)

But I agree Economi, I hope they don't mean a unified ranking system across all 5 Halo games. For example the Team Slayer rank better be separate for each of the 5 Halo games. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The main difference between the two is that Bungie are your parents and 343 is your girlfriend. Bungie gives birth to you but spends 18 years misunderstanding you, micromanaging you and forcing you to be something you aren't. Then you meet someone who accepts you for who you are, but doesn't quite know how to make you happy yet. However, the more time you spend together, the more you grow to understand one another. 

Beautiful, and yet comical analogy.

I definitely see the merit / logic in it as well.

As of now, I'm very pleased with what 343's done and have complete faith. I was even pleased with Halo 4 from a campaign / Forge standpoint (with obvious room for improvement, e.g. framerate in Forge and less linear path & button pushing in campaign). but like any new company, they had to work out the kinks and find their groove.

Luckily for us, part of that process involved listening to the fans / community, fostering a lot of hope within said community.

Now all they have to do is execute it well. Time will tell on that front...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow even a thread confirming 1-50 got derailed, that's actually pretty impressive lol. 

But I agree Economi, I hope they don't mean a unified ranking system across all 5 Halo games. For example the Team Slayer rank better be separate for each of the 5 Halo games. 

is a good question to ask quinn or menke. a "global rank" would be odd. would make more sense to have a separate one for each game and then a global average. Otherwise, you could "boost" your way to the top by playing the "easier" title. 

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but they didn't confirm ranks for individual playlists yet.

Halo-MCC-Ranks.png

If there are no playlist ranks, this picture makes very little sense to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo-MCC-Ranks.png

If there are no playlist ranks, this picture makes very little sense to me.

That's not necessarily individual game ranks though.  I don't see Halo 1 team slayer 46, I just see team slayer 46.

H1 45-50 is going to be the most confidence-destroying experience in the history of the universe. 

yep

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but they didn't confirm ranks for individual playlists yet.

and I hate to burst your bubble

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's be real here, it would be massively ******** Stupid to just have the ranking system as one and not separate playlists...

I don't think they would make it so a Halo 4 50 could hop into Halo 1 and still be a 50

• Upvote (+1) 1

How it should work (imo of course) voting/veto system with all 5 games(1-4, H2A) at lower ranks 1-15 you might see an equal amount of all games but at higher ranks 35-50 people are only going to vote for CE, 2, and 3 (imo of course)

That's not necessarily individual game ranks though.  I don't see Halo 1 team slayer 46, I just see team slayer 46.

Even if those tweets wouldn't have been made: If you paid attention to playlist shown at RTX you'd knew that Team Slayer is cross-game playlist featuring all 5 games.

Why every time good news comes out people have to be faggots and ruin everyones good time. Fuck the haters

tumblr_n0xsfxEPTu1syz1o6o1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2