Sign in to follow this  
Calvarok

What elements from classic arena shooters should Halo 5 adopt?

Extremely low aim magnetism is what I'd like to see.  Faster player movement and strafe sounds great and all that, but if you're playing with very low aim magnetism, fast player movement and strafe actually works against you.  I'd rather a player be forced with the decision of choosing whether to strafe wildly or not with the consequence of making it extremely difficult to hit shots on another player because the magnetism is reduced to a point where the reticule has to be manipulated by both joysticks, not the lazy strafe where people just try and match their opponents using the directional stick only. 

I'd like something like a gamepad where you use your entire arm, wrist and hand for the aim input. AKA a mouse. Mice are "a better and more accurate design of gamepads".

Wii remote and nunchuck. Only real way to play FPS's if you want to display the most skill IMO. Anybody play BO2 with it? It makes mouse and keyboards look like childs play. Wii U is the only thing that makes CoD playable. Period.

Maps that are "alive". Jump pads, teleporters, acid and lava pits. Games focus so much on player customization that I think original map designs get pushed to the back burner.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Double jump, wall running, sliding.... Imagine?  :gandhi:

Double jump + wall running = wall jump

I would actually love that for Halo >_>

Faster movement speed

Greater variety of (balanced) on-map powerups

Faster spawn timers (H1 speed)

Faster paced game overall.

A sandbox where every single weapon* has a competitive purpose would be nice.
*even the Needler

Weapons that can control space in interesting ways.

Watch some Quake or UT and then watch Halo. You'll notice that Halo doesn't have as much placement of explosives and weapons with wide hitboxes to control space. Halo 1's grenades do come somewhat close, though.

Maps that are "alive". Jump pads, teleporters, acid and lava pits. Games focus so much on player customization that I think original map designs get pushed to the back burner.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's just like, your opinion, man.

its not tho. if u get into melee range, you can melee them quite effectively...

and on xbc, its definitely way more difficult to land shots up close so most people go for the melee

Melee attacks are much harder in Halo 1 than in other Halo games.

I do think though that meleeing on XBC is easier than on Halo PC.

well

1. if it was like h2-3's melee system, a bullet wouldn't trade with a melee

2. boltshot wasn't a charge weapon, it was a charge then hold. a spartan laser would be an example of just a charge because you cant hold the charge like the boltshot or railgun

i dont want it in the game, i'm just saying it doesn't have to be the boltshot.

this is all true.  I just think it might create that same sort of "hiding around corner dude instakilled me w/o an actual power wep".  the fact that it requires a bit more precision and timing is kinda not an effective nerf since everyone spawns with the ability to use it regardless of their weapons.

If the ground-pound move shown in the H5 beta trailer is a 1-hit kill if you catch someone in the epicenter, I feel it would be more justified bc it requires you to expose yourself and put yourself into a fixed downward trajectory + maybe lose mobility for a second during the hit.  not very easy to sneak-kill with, especially if there's a minimum amount of overhead distance required to execute the move.

I'd love if ground pound became the new melee layer and melee itself lost the lunge/magnetism and became about hitboxes, but otherwise worked like previous games.  I think that has the potential to feel new but stick to the spirit of the game.

No realism.

i was not aware that arcade shooters' graphics were abstract amorphous shapes and that they did not abide by any sort of simulation of the laws of physics.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Drastic melee nerf. 4 hits to kill unless backsmack and no autoaim or lunge.