Sign in to follow this  
Synyster

Slow Turn Xbox Controllers

Has anyone fixed their slow turn controllers themselves and if so, do you have any advice?

I found a couple of video's about how to fix it but I thought I'd ask around here before I try to do it myself. Seems pretty easy though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have a lot of patience because the hardest part is putting the controller back together properly. It can be difficult getting all the buttons to align with the shell of the controller when you combine the two halves of the controller. I used scotch tape to hold the buttons like Y, B, A, X, Start, Guide Button, and Back in place. 

I only tried the Slow Turn fix on wired controllers. So I don't know if the wireless ones are easier. 

Have a lot of patience because the hardest part is putting the controller back together properly. It can be difficult getting all the buttons to align with the shell of the controller when you combine the two halves of the controller. I used scotch tape to hold the buttons like Y, B, A, X, Start, Guide Button, and Back in place. 

I only tried the Slow Turn fix on wired controllers. So I don't know if the wireless ones are easier. 

How was your experience fixing the slow turn? Did it actually work or help at all?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How was your experience fixing the slow turn? Did it actually work or help at all?

For sure it worked. If you look closely at a default Microsoft wired controller, you'll see the part of the plastic shell that actually causes the Slow Turn. It's an excess part of the plastic that circles around where the analog stick is. That little bit of plastic just needs filed down. Then just run a Slow Turn check program on your Xbox after you've finished and you're good to go.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

For sure it worked. If you look closely at a default Microsoft wired controller, you'll see the part of the plastic shell that actually causes the Slow Turn. It's an excess part of the plastic that circles around where the analog stick is. That little bit of plastic just needs filed down. Then just run a Slow Turn check program on your Xbox after you've finished and you're good to go.

Awesome, thanks for the input my dude.

I'mma give a shot tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Buy a Scuf :) No slow turn what so ever :3

I did use the scissors and sand paper method to quick fix two of my wireless controllers, but after that I just bought a Scuf.

Buy a Scuf :) No slow turn what so ever :3

I did use the scissors and sand paper method to quick fix two of my wireless controllers, but after that I just bought a Scuf.

Paying over $100 for a controller.

No thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do Xbone controllers turn slow?

Someone just asked this in the MCC thread. The general answer is no one has seen any reports about it.

Do Xbone controllers turn slow?

Someone just asked this in the MCC thread. The general answer is no one has seen any reports about it. So probably not

I've noslowed many of my and my friends wired controllers. When disassembling , just take your time . Take pictures if you aren't super technical person. I ended up using sand paper for the earlier ones and then a dremel for the later. Both work equally well , but one just takes a little. I suggest you use fine grain paper so the inside stays somewhat smooth or at least using it after a rough grain.

I've also used this and it works great.

• Upvote (+1) 1