Sign in to follow this  
kkrotz

Using Forums to Promote Halo

Hey there dudes/dudettes ! 

I thought about it the other day, and if it wasn't for the very things I'm posting on right now, Halo would be in even sadder state of affairs. Forums do so much for us , and that's explained in the commentary, and all we have to do is give our 2 cents opinion or help others out! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C86qzuYku5A

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great post dude, I agree with you completely! Although, I haven't been active much lately, I do try and still commit to a few posts a week. I know some really crazy people that dedicate so much time to forums, and without them, gaming would be a said state of affairs.

alot of people think forums are on the way out...I dunno they are pretty good for organising info and discussion, but nowadays facebook/twitter etc. 

alot of people think forums are on the way out...I dunno they are pretty good for organising info and discussion, but nowadays facebook/twitter etc. 

Lame and I don't think it that way. I'd sure as hell take a forum format over Faceyspace or howdoifitwhatiwanttosayin140characters.

If it weren't for forums, I wouldn't know 90% of the stuff that goes on in Halo.

I don't use Twitter because fuck that.

If it weren't for forums, I wouldn't know 90% of the stuff that goes on in Halo.

I don't use Twitter because fuck that.

I feel the same dude. Twitter seems to be filled with nonsense people.

Its hard to keep up on twitter, its very disorganized, I agree.

Yep and it's near impossible to read twitter conversations that compose of 20+ tweets with three different accounts. I tried to get into it but I just don't see how it's the valuable 'business to consumer' communication tool it has become.

Maybe I'm just too cool for Twitter. I think that's it.

Yep and it's near impossible to read twitter conversations that compose of 20+ tweets with three different accounts. I tried to get into it but I just don't see how it's the valuable 'business to consumer' communication tool it has become.

Haha yeah, only problem is I know some people rely on twitter so much, it is honestly much easier to tweet them then to text them -.-

Also use it for social media/promotion needs, but everyone does these days.

Forums will continue to be great for gaming

Must admit, I've never really gotten into this whole twitter thing... Good for finding news and stuff quickly, not so good for compiling hubs of information.