Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Halo 2: Anniversary Tournament Confirmed at Pax Prime

hypeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :weback:

- For those unaware, Che Chou is the Franchise Media Manager at 343.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Wish this was announced before PAX Prime tickets/badges/media passes were completely sold out. Still really hyped for this and Gamescon.

Wow, so there are going to be two H2A tournaments this month?  At least from early returns we can see that 343i and M$ are going to put their weight behind competitive Halo.  Hopefully this is a trend that will continue through the release of MCC and into Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best years for competitive Halo in a long time  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best years for competitive Halo in a long time  :goat:

You mean 2015 ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will we be able to win towels in 2015 events too?

No, you have to BYOT. Some sweet wristbands and keychains are up for grabs, though!

• Upvote (+1) 2

How are people supposed to be practicing and playing this game?  What settings will it be under?  Am I just living under a rock or something? 

343i will probably try to push H2A. Behind the scenes people in terms of tournament organizers that are not 343i have pretty much decided on halo 2 from what I have heard. Might see some halo 1 2v2 tourneys here and there, might see a bit of halo 3. But outside of 343i the focus will be on halo 2 classic.

How are people supposed to be practicing and playing this game?  What settings will it be under?  Am I just living under a rock or something? 

Not much you can do apart from play H2 Vista/XBC I guess. No one is going to have played any H2A before this so I guess it's good no one has an advantage over anyone else. Of course you'll be playing quite a bit when qualifying for the finals.

Good news. But if it's already sold out, isn't it going to be just a bunch of random Gamescon attendees? 

I think this is more of a marketing/test run for tournaments instead of a real tournament, so I don't think who attends is 343's focus atm.

I feel it too. Somewhere between butterflies and getting kicked in the balls lightly?

Funny-gifs-i-get-excited-about-insurance