Sign in to follow this  
elitenoob94

Martial Arts Thread

Not sure if created yet, but Imma do it anyway! 

New or expert, quit or don't do any discuss Martial Arts here!

What styles do you practice and how beneficial is it to you?

I'll go first.

I achieved my first dan in TKD when I was 15. Been doing it since I was 12. I quit my senior year in high school, I'm 19 now so, roughly 7 years experience in TKD and I loved it. I now box on my own and go sparring at the gym a lot. I also wrestled for 3 years in high school. 

I am self taught on Muay Thai, Muay Buram and Savate. I have little knowledge of various other MA's such as BJJ and Judo.

I regularly keep my knowledge fresh by continuously practicing on my own. It's very dangerous and terrible but I also do underground street fighting. 

I did it for self defense and a way to relieve stress. It overall helps me in fundamentals in the sports I play

What about you?  

i wouldnt have posted in that thread if i was him, 99% is about professionals which doesnt relate 

True. Although I keep up with MMA/UFC though.

Hey I have done many martial arts, Isshinryu karate, shotokan karate, iaido, kendo japanese and brazilian jiu jitsu and I've also done some muy thai. I have 2 black belts one in shotokan karate, and one in Kendo. Also its not much of a traditional martial art but I also did greco/roman wrestling for 3 years of high school. I've been doing it since I was 8 but I stopped doing it my senior year because I had family issues. I loved doing it so mad I stopped honestly cause when I was committed to it things were very balanced for me. It helped relieve stress, kept me in shape and got me centered. Ever since I moved to finish college I haven't tried to get back into it there aren't many good schools here, sadly. 

I do it for self defense, I'm actually going to take a class in college just for shits and gigs, it helps get me centered like I stated before and I just love the culture especially from the japanese side. I've always been a fan of martial arts and the oriental culture, my hero is Bruce Lee not only cause he was a badass but also cause he was a philosopher and I love that aspect of the martial arts. 

I really want to get back into my styles again and also learn new ones. Its been a dream to learn JKD (Jeet Kune Do) and wing chun along with any other style but I really love the sword styles like iaido and kendo. I loved muy thai but the school I was going to closed before I could get really into it. 

I had a good friend and training partner who was a black belt in TKD. Man did we have some great sparring matches. 

Hey I have done many martial arts, Isshinryu karate, shotokan karate, iaido, kendo japanese and brazilian jiu jitsu and I've also done some muy thai. I have 2 black belts one in shotokan karate, and one in Kendo. Also its not much of a traditional martial art but I also did greco/roman wrestling for 3 years of high school. I've been doing it since I was 8 but I stopped doing it my senior year because I had family issues. I loved doing it so mad I stopped honestly cause when I was committed to it things were very balanced for me. It helped relieve stress, kept me in shape and got me centered. Ever since I moved to finish college I haven't tried to get back into it there aren't many good schools here, sadly. 

I do it for self defense, I'm actually going to take a class in college just for shits and gigs, it helps get me centered like I stated before and I just love the culture especially from the japanese side. I've always been a fan of martial arts and the oriental culture, my hero is Bruce Lee not only cause he was a badass but also cause he was a philosopher and I love that aspect of the martial arts. 

I really want to get back into my styles again and also learn new ones. Its been a dream to learn JKD (Jeet Kune Do) and wing chun along with any other style but I really love the sword styles like iaido and kendo. I loved muy thai but the school I was going to closed before I could get really into it. 

I had a good friend and training partner who was a black belt in TKD. Man did we have some great sparring matches. 

Yes. I love TKD. I'm a kicking kind of guy. Major TKD experience helps me when I do Savate. It's a lot easier. Savate and Capoeira are really good combos. 

I know a girl who does JKD. Seems like a legit MA, and she told me it's all about adapting to the environment. Wing Chun is pretty sick. Two famous people who brought it to fame. I'm looking to learn Shaolin Kung Fu, somewhat similar to Wing Chun, although Wing Chun is quickest whilst standing. Shaolin I feel like is a little more different.  

Yes. I love TKD. I'm a kicking kind of guy. Major TKD experience helps me when I do Savate. It's a lot easier. Savate and Capoeira are really good combos. 

I know a girl who does JKD. Seems like a legit MA, and she told me it's all about adapting to the environment. Wing Chun is pretty sick. Two famous people who brought it to fame. I'm looking to learn Shaolin Kung Fu, somewhat similar to Wing Chun, although Wing Chun is quickest whilst standing. Shaolin I feel like is a little more different.  

yea that's cool it was fun cause in the karate club in my high school my best friend like I said before was a TKD guy, there was another guy who was a mainly a JJJ (Japanese Jiu Jitsu), there was also another kid who was a primary Tang Soo Do and I had my main shotokan and kendo style so we had some pretty interesting sparring sessions. Every time we would spar it would seem like the part in the original TMNT movie were all of the turtles would fight each other (kinda corny but it was funny) considering we all had black belts in different styles and we were all really good friends. 

Yea JKD just seems pretty legit to know and I've been a major fan of Wing Chun since I saw my first kung fu flick. I would also really like to learn more muy thai as well as ninjitsu. One of my main styles that I really want to pick up too is Tai Chi something about that style just intrigues me to no end. Plus I love the ki/chi aspect of the martial arts as well. 

yea that's cool it was fun cause in the karate club in my high school my best friend like I said before was a TKD guy, there was another guy who was a mainly a JJJ (Japanese Jiu Jitsu), there was also another kid who was a primary Tang Soo Do and I had my main shotokan and kendo style so we had some pretty interesting sparring sessions. Every time we would spar it would seem like the part in the original TMNT movie were all of the turtles would fight each other (kinda corny but it was funny) considering we all had black belts in different styles and we were all really good friends. 

Yea JKD just seems pretty legit to know and I've been a major fan of Wing Chun since I saw my first kung fu flick. I would also really like to learn more muy thai as well as ninjitsu. One of my main styles that I really want to pick up too is Tai Chi something about that style just intrigues me to no end. Plus I love the ki/chi aspect of the martial arts as well. 

Muay Thai is very efficient. I self taught myself in Muay Buram. Defiantly a good kicboxing style 

Muay Thai is very efficient. I self taught myself in Muay Buram. Defiantly a good kicboxing style 

I self taught myself BJJ until I actually found a teacher and when I did I was more proficient than all the white belts that were there for a year lol