I've noticed it for a while but haven't said much in a forum about it. But while playing Doubles does anyone else notice that when you're fighting one of the other players and you're both pretty close to one another. That sometimes his/her teammate will spawn within feet of their partner? I've had this happen to me so many times tonight it cost me a few games. Because while they're spawning right beside one another or close enough to hold hands. My teammate or I spawn pretty much across the map from one another.. Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just imagining stuff? Because I know for a fact some of the Dubs partners I have, have noticed this pretty frequently too.  

I've noticed it for a while but haven't said much in a forum about it. But while playing Doubles does anyone else notice that when you're fighting one of the other players and you're both pretty close to one another. That sometimes his/her teammate will spawn within feet of their partner? I've had this happen to me so many times tonight it cost me a few games. Because while they're spawning right beside one another or close enough to hold hands. My teammate or I spawn pretty much across the map from one another.. Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just imagining stuff? Because I know for a fact some of the Dubs partners I have, have noticed this pretty frequently too.  

It has happened to me before, but it only happens rarely.

I feel like it happens only if your teammate is across the map and if the other areas of the map have just been temporarily blocked by either movement or damage. It's all situational. But it should never happen.

The spawn system is too inconsistent at the roots.

It's the spawn system's fault at it's core - 2v2 just sort of distills it. Unless you're within 9 Forge Units of a spawn point, or can see it through the first scope of a sniper rifle, you have 0 effect on it.

So here's a spawn point... 8 Forge Units away is his teammate, giving it a +275 Bonus while all other spawns are at 0. You're 10 Forge Units away and are giving a -1950 to every other spawn point in the area except that ONE. Guess where the guy's gonna spawn...

Add in things like sprint and the insane RRR of the DMR and LightRifle, and even if he spawns across the map, he's shooting you in three seconds.

Edit: I'm guessing you notice this on Haven the most...? Rail is actually pretty good with spawns.

It's the spawn system's fault at it's core - 2v2 just sort of distills it. Unless you're within 9 Forge Units of a spawn point, or can see it through the first scope of a sniper rifle, you have 0 effect on it.

So here's a spawn point... 8 Forge Units away is his teammate, giving it a +275 Bonus while all other spawns are at 0. You're 10 Forge Units away and are giving a -1950 to every other spawn point in the area except that ONE. Guess where the guy's gonna spawn...

Add in things like sprint and the insane RRR of the DMR and LightRifle, and even if he spawns across the map, he's shooting you in three seconds.

Edit: I'm guessing you notice this on Haven the most...? Rail is actually pretty good with spawns.

Not only Haven but on Abandon as well. We'll be within a few feet of one another and out of the corner of my eye I can see his teammate spawn right beside him. Yet I've never spawned on my teammate while they was in battle. Tonight was extremely bad with this. Because my teammate was battling someone down bottom open on Haven. And their teammate spawned in the Ditch pretty much behind him looking right at my teammate for an easy double team.. 

Not only Haven but on Abandon as well. We'll be within a few feet of one another and out of the corner of my eye I can see his teammate spawn right beside him. Yet I've never spawned on my teammate while they was in battle. Tonight was extremely bad with this. Because my teammate was battling someone down bottom open on Haven. And their teammate spawned in the Ditch pretty much behind him looking right at my teammate for an easy double team.. 

Abandon has some notoriously bad spawns. Here's a tip that I think most people know already but if not... if you're like me, you nade Ring 2, jump down, nade where they're gonna land, and then contest sniper... most likely running it to Purple Corner.

If you kill them and get that sniper and you're not staring DIRECTLY at purple corner the entire time, there's like a 99.9% chance they'll spawn there. I'll actually grab it, crouch behind the root so I'm not blocking the spawn, hold scoreboard, see them spawn, then jump out and snipe them. But you can just as effectively block the spawn by looking at it. Now if you're going to Purple Corner and someone on the other team dies, there's a 99.9% chance they'll spawn Dark/Blue Forest, so be ready. If you get it down pat, you can kill the guy for the sniper contest, snipe him off spawn at Purple Corner, then turn around and snipe him again and you're up 3-0. Beyond that initial push, you just have to be conscious of where you're looking and know that if you're not within those 9 Forge Units, you're not blocking the spawn and he WILL spawn with his buddy. I recommend going into Forge, dropping down a spawn point and going into the advanced settings and set the radius to 9.0 - that will give you an idea of how close you have to be.

And in regards to Haven, spawning in the ditch is something that always seems to happen, even in Throwdown I believe. I think it's because that being on the Cuts/Plats puts you just out of height change of that 9 Forge Unit bubble, so you don't affect those ditch spawns. Plus, the ramp blocks the line of sight.

Like I said, unless the map features Respawn Zones (which I believe Haven and Abandon do not), the only real factor is where you're at and knowing that within that 9FU radius, they will NOT spawn. If you're outside of that, they will spawn holding their teammate's hand.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know the spawns are bad. But I'm talking about being extremely close to let's say a blue player. We're fighting then all of a sudden his partner spawns within feet of him to jump me. I should be blocking out any spawn near by. There's no way he should spawn in Ditch when I'm bottom open on the Pulse grenade spawns. While his teammate is running around the pillar in front of ditch that connects to Open Ramp. Also, I know about spawn control on Abandon. My teammate and I kept getting screwed last night because everyone else was spawning right beside their partner while my teammate would spawn Blue forest and I'd spawn Purple Cave.. That's the crap I don't like. Let's say we both die roughly around the same time giving the enemy team a double kill. I should spawn reasonably close to my partner (Especially in Doubles)