Rolex

What's your least favorite H3 MLG Gametype/Map?

Narrows TS, imo just messy if you have a selfish player on your team it's really difficult to win.

MLG*

Wouldnt matter if it was at AGL/IG/MLG, Station 9 would have still been there.

Halo koth really needs everyone counts scoring to make it more interesting and diverse, rather than a 15min grind.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo koth really needs everyone counts scoring to make it more interesting and diverse, rather than a 15min grind.

I agree that they need to do something about it almost always being a 15 minute game, but idk about everyone counts. I feel like that would just make it beneficial to cram people into the hill and make it really annoying. Like, you get 3 or 4 down everyone bum rush the hill for a couple seconds and don't bother getting set up, because if you win the nade fest that will inevitably take place you still get the hill.

I could be wrong, though. I've never played the settings I've noticed you're a large advocate of.

I never really learned how to play construct king so I don't have that much fun when I play it.

i dont like playing construct king because it always takes the full 15mins. only reason why tho.

edit: looks like doju beat me to it

Probably Guardian and Pit slayer, due to their campy and standoffish gameplay. There were plenty of times where no team would get to 50 kills, which is just ridiculous.

I just like construct because how the rest of the maps play. I mean narrows is pretty bad especially with all the online issues, but it's very standoffish. Amplified has probably the worst spawns out of any map. Heretic is fun for me just because it's simple, fast paced, and a hint of nostalgia. Guardian ball and slayer are cool but not with clueless teammates. I think guardian provides for some more thought provoking mentality than most symmetrical maps.

and onslaught? come on. It's so simple it hurts which is a big pet peeve of mine. Theres no room for any meta to develop on that map. I mean just look at the picture I took of myself playing. This is right after I got an overkill and pulled the flag. 

W3113-growing-baby-elephant-shape-sorter

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just like construct because how the rest of the maps play. I mean narrows is pretty bad especially with all the online issues, but it's very standoffish. Amplified has probably the worst spawns out of any map. Heretic is fun for me just because it's simple, fast paced, and a hint of nostalgia. Guardian ball and slayer are cool but not with clueless teammates. I think guardian provides for some more thought provoking mentality than most symmetrical maps.

and onslaught? come on. It's so simple it hurts which is a big pet peeve of mine. Theres no room for any meta to develop on that map.

Agree 110% 

Construct KOTH is the worst gametype in Halo history that was played for more than two events. 

Construct KOTH is genuinely my favourite Halo 3 gametype hahah 

Amplified TS is my least favourite, although Heretic TS is a close second. Heretic with a bad set of team mates was impossible to win. I also thought it was kinda random. Like there were just massive momentum swings on that map due to weird spawns and being rained on by plasmas. 

Narrows Flag/TS, Construct KOTH, Onslaught Flag, Pit Flag and Guardian Ball were all good fun imo. I personally think Construct is the best designed Halo 3 map, but I guess a lot of people would disagree with this. 

I would also say Amp TS. Mindless aggression with minimal strategy, just a worse version of Onslaught, which is just a worse version of Midship. It really has no place in the settings. No power ups/weapons, poor geometry, terrible spawns, no real points of control. Hmmm... I guess I can see why people would like this map.

Oh and it is easily the worst viewer experience as well. 

Favorite is either Construct King or Slayer. It is the most unique and enjoyable map in the settings to me.

Narrow TS.  I like Narrows for a CTF game as it forces movement, but the standoffs I've been a part of on Narrows TS... bleeding eyes. 

No power ups/weapons, poor geometry, terrible spawns, no real points of control. Hmmm... I guess I can see why people would like this map.

Oh and it is easily the worst viewer experience as well. 

Shots fired... And how is watching sick team shots not entertaining?

Pit KOTH was crap. Once that was removed there really weren't any gametypes that I particularly disliked, by Halo 3 standards.

I agree that they need to do something about it almost always being a 15 minute game, but idk about everyone counts. I feel like that would just make it beneficial to cram people into the hill and make it really annoying. Like, you get 3 or 4 down everyone bum rush the hill for a couple seconds and don't bother getting set up, because if you win the nade fest that will inevitably take place you still get the hill.

So what's the problem? The team with the upper hand has a decision to make. They have to figure out how many players to allot to hill control, and how many to allot to map control. Cramming everyone into the hill and forgoing map control is a risk-reward play. If Halo 5 actually has well-designed KOTH maps then this could make for very entertaining team play at a high level. Which is good, since KOTH has been the least interesting competitive gametype for pretty much the whole series thus far.

Shots fired... And how is watching sick team shots not entertaining?

All those sick team shooting montages.

And its not entertaining as teamshooting is the only way to play it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pit TS always becomes to much of a stalemate for me to enjoy.

Even though it was in v8, wasn't it removed for the last few events?

Onslaught CTF is absolutely horrible and even though Amplified TS was one of my best gametypes back in the day, they should've been removed once Heretic came out.

And for those that like Onslaught cause they felt like gods being able to spawnkill on probably the most simple map ever in MLG rotation then shame on you. A map should never allow players to be spawnkilled. spawntrapped yes as that requires skill, but the spawnkilling on Onslaught required zero skill.

On Team Slayer, anything on Standoff, Valhalla, and Snowbound A.K.A Campless.

On Team Doubles, anything on Epilogue 'people camp in corners.....' The Griffbal map Vessel.. AND SNOWBOUND

On MLG, ANYTHING ON AMPLIFIED! 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I liked all of the gametypes/maps in MLG.  But I disliked getting Oddball Guardian in Matchmaking because 90% of the people that search did not understand how to play it.