Sign in to follow this  
ThatTrueLegend

Do you think Master Chief Will Die At The End Of The Saga?

Don't like the idea of him dying in Halo 5. Way to soon for that. We need to experience more of the Chief.

He will be killed off in Halo 6 if anything. Remember, they originally called it the Reclaimer trilogy. They're slowly introducing Locke to see how the fans react to a new main character.

Yeah, realistically Halo 6 would be when they kill him off. 

Yeah, realistically Halo 6 would be when they kill him off.

Or unless he kills himself off Halo and starts to make his own game called, Master Cheif: The Return of the Chief
  • Upvote (+1) 1

He's a soldier and soldiers don't usually have happy endings. They will kill him in a glorious cinematic way.

That is true, if he does end up being killed so many Halo fans will cry though(so will M$ lol)  :(  Which is weird, because he's a faceless super-soldier trained only for combat with no personality.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One of the most annoying things I've heard as a Halo fan is this idea that 'Chief absolutely has to die at the end of Halo 6'.

When I ask people why, I seem to get two different answers:

1. Because there's no life for him if he's not a soldier. He doesn't know anything else. He deserves peace.

2. Because I don't want them to milk the franchise after Halo 6. If he's dead, they can't do that.

My response to number one is that they're obviously trying to explore this idea of a human side for Chief; we can't just claim that Chief is nothing but a robot with no life that doesn't involve killing things.

I don't think we don't need to know what happens in his life after Halo 6. All they need to do is let him live and leave the rest to our imaginations, like we've had to do with his face up to this point. There's no reason that they can't make it ambiguous.

As for number two, I would say that if they're going to milk the franchise, then you'd have to be out of your mind to think that they'll do it depending on whether or not Chief is alive.

Milking is a business venture and they will do it based on whether or not they think there's anything left to take out of the franchise. Also, the death of a major character can't simply be decided upon based on whether or not it will prevent milking. It has to be decided upon based on what will benefit the story and the overall tone.

If you really want them to stop milking the franchise after Halo 6, then start praying that Halo 6 is Halo 4 but with aim-down-sights, grenade cooking, going prone, Mario graphics, Halo 3 netcode and lag, the worst and most limited Forge to date, and Big Rigs vehicle physics. And then when the game has an online population of 7 people on average, maybe you can stop worrying about the existence of a Halo 7.

As for what I want, I certainly don't want such a negative tone for the ending of the franchise. It's great and all having bad things happen in between, but I feel there's a major difference between having sad moments in the thick of the overall story, and having a sad ending to the overall story.
What I'd like is ambiguity. Give us hints that he might be able to find some form of normality and happiness at the end of it all, but don't tell us what actually happens. Leave it to our imaginations.

Spartans never die, they're just missing in action.

:kappa:

Who is the person that Gandhi punches in your sig? That's hilarious lol

He's eventually going to have to or hang up the suit. Even though Cryosleep halts his aging he's theoretically almost 50 or mid 50's, no matter how potent the drugs were a super soldier isn't going to be doing prime acrobatics when they hit 60. 

He's 46 in Halo 4 as far as I'm aware, and I can't remember where I heard it, but cryosleep and the enhancements have kept him physically in his early 30s. Also, Johnson was 68 when he died.

Who is the person that Gandhi punches in your sig? That's hilarious lol

He's 46 in Halo 4 as far as I'm aware, and I can't remember where I heard it, but cryosleep and the enhancements have kept him physically in his early 30s. Also, Johnson was 68 when he died.

Kevin Franklin