Sign in to follow this  
ThatTrueLegend

Do you think Master Chief Will Die At The End Of The Saga?

Pretty straight to the point, do you think Master Chief will die by the end of the Halo saga? Or do you think he'll live happily ever after?

I personally do not want him to die, but I think he will. He's already been called an "aging spartan", but I think he'll die heroically if 343 does decide to kill him off. How do you think he'll die in the game if you believe he will be killed off?

*Waits for somebody to say; Spartans never die, they're just missing in action.*

• Upvote (+1) 1

Assuming Cortana is trapped inside some Forerunner computer system, Chief will probably be mortally wounded at the end of the saga and the Librarian will digitize him so he can spend eternity with Cortana, like his version of Heaven.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Live happily ever after.

I don't know why I found that funny but I did. I pictured him getting married too a princess and living in a castle.

I feel like they arent going to tell us. I can see him doing something to save cortana that is 50/50 for him living and then it just ends. Just a huge cliffhanger and then the next company starts making halo :kappa:

No way he won't die at the end. The real question is how long away is the ending.

ManMilkingCow.jpg

The ending of Halo 3 was the best way to deal with the Chief.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Problem is they woke him up for a stupid ass "adventure" that he ended up making worse. Remember Halo 4? He's the one that woke up the Didact. Yeah, accidentally - but still.

What should have been done is a Halo 4 without the Chief - build up the threat, build up new characters and enemies. Then launch Halo 5 on the Xbone with the situation looking dire as shit. What happens then? Wake up the Chief, everyone goes horseshit.

But as far as him dying? He should end up frozen, except they already did that. I don't see Chief living a normal life, or even wanting to do so. He's kind of "ruined" as a person and exists only as a tool. Kinda like Batman or Captain America.

Chief isn't Superman - there's no first and last name that he's identified with his whole life, there's no aging parents and farmhouse that he can remember fondly. What he has become has replaced anything he was or could have been.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No way he won't die at the end. The real question is how long away is the ending.

ManMilkingCow.jpg

If this was Bungie making it, then yeah, Master Chief will live on forever, but I feel 343 wants to create their own character and will kill off Master Chief sooner than we think. Convincing MS will be the hardest barrier.

If this was Bungie making it, then yeah, Master Chief will live on forever, but I feel 343 wants to create their own character and will kill off Master Chief sooner than we think. Convincing MS will be the hardest barrier.

is this you Eagle?

5541.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's eventually going to have to or hang up the suit. Even though Cryosleep halts his aging he's theoretically almost 50 or mid 50's, no matter how potent the drugs were a super soldier isn't going to be doing prime acrobatics when they hit 60. 

He's eventually going to have to or hang up the suit. Even though Cryosleep halts his aging he's theoretically almost 50 or mid 50's, no matter how potent the drugs were a super soldier isn't going to be doing prime acrobatics when they hit 60. 

Yeah but remember that in H4 the librarian accelerated his evolution process or whatever... for all we know his life expectancy has grown. 

Just because the Chief dies doesn't mean Halo has to. Halo has so much to offer even with Master Chief out of the picture

Possible, but they know Master Chief is iconic for the franchise. People relate to him. It'd be extremely difficult to set up a new character that could fill MC's shoes. Doable but very risky. 

Master Chief to be killed off in Halo 5, Agent Locke to be the new central character for the franchise. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Master Chief to be killed off in Halo 5, Agent Locke to be the new central character for the franchise.

Don't like the idea of him dying in Halo 5. Way to soon for that. We need to experience more of the Chief.

That's the vibe I'm getting.

He will be killed off in Halo 6 if anything. Remember, they originally called it the Reclaimer trilogy. They're slowly introducing Locke to see how the fans react to a new main character.