RyanW

Halo 2 Anniversary Cinematic Trailer

What I'm getting across is that these cutscenes look to be completely redesigned, rather than the weird reskinning job done with CEA.

But more significantly, the reason we're pumped about H2A is the unblemished multiplayer - the H2A versions of the maps are practically a write-off.

Thus...I don't think the in-game campaign graphics are really of any consequence.

What do you mean the H2A maps are practically a write off?

Why can't they give it H2 mechanics with XB1 graphics?

Because the graphics and the game engine are unavoidably linked. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because the graphics and the game engine are unavoidably linked.

So just to make sure I understand, most people are looking forward to the original untouched port of H2? Also, aren't even those graphics getting touched up?

So just to make sure I understand, most people are looking forward to the original untouched port of H2? Also, aren't even those graphics getting touched up?

Well, fuck, aren't you

And the only thing that's happening to the untouched port is 60 frames and 1080p. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, fuck, aren't you?

And the only thing that's happening to the untouched port is 60 frames and 1080p.

Fuck ya! But I was also kind if looking forward to the new version. Isn't it possible for them to make Halo 2 with XB1 graphics?

Just to be 'that guy', 

If any of the button combos were linked to frame rate, then they'll be affected. Even in the original H2 engine. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just to be 'that guy', 

If any of the button combos were linked to frame rate, then they'll be affected. Even in the original H2 engine. 

They said the H2 port will still have the button glitches but superbouncing is probably not happening due to the framerate change.

They said the H2 port will still have the button glitches but superbouncing is probably not happening due to the framerate change.

The resolution upscale technically, but yeah, i think they might still be there, but you're going to be shit  ton more precise with your jumps

Just to be 'that guy',

They're not physics glitches that are dependent on you landing on a blotchy smudge of pixels so they'll be fine... The thing with super-bouncing not working anymore is that these surfaces are entirely rerendered in 1080p so it changes the pixels and surfaces of the map geometry, making the super-bounce glitch either disappear entirely, or make them much much harder to pull off.

It's essentially making the "glitch area" or the margin of error, considerably smaller and more fine, if it isn't gone completely, simply because the geometry doesn't exist as it used to...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bouncing will be affected by the resolution format change from 4:3 to 16:9 which moves some pixels around. Some of them won't work anymore, some will still work, others will work differently. Framerate has nothing to do with bouncing, it's an issue with the game's physics engine. 343 said that they have two bug lists to ensure that they don't fix any old ones or create new ones, one with h2's original bugs and one with h2 xbone's bugs.

Honestly, H2A will atleast be a "new" halo mp based on halo 2. It won't have aas or sprint and depending on what maps it gets and how they'll end up rebalancing it/introducing new things it might  be somewhat decent. It'll be way better than h4 for sure. Though with original h1/h2 mp on the disc it'll be hard to justify playing it much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bouncing will be affected by the resolution format change from 4:3 to 16:9 which moves some pixels around. Some of them won't work anymore, some will still work, others will work differently. Framerate has nothing to do with bouncing, it's an issue with the game's physics engine. 343 said that they have two bug lists to ensure that they don't fix any old ones or create new ones, one with h2's original bugs and one with h2 xbone's bugs.

Honestly, H2A will atleast be a "new" halo mp based on halo 2. It won't have aas or sprint and depending on what maps it gets and how they'll end up rebalancing it/introducing new things it might  be somewhat decent. It'll be way better than h4 for sure. Though with original h1/h2 mp on the disc it'll be hard to justify playing it much.

Better than H4? It'll be way better than even Halo 3. That's not saying much, but still.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks good, but one of the things I really liked about Halo was that most of the cut-scenes were in-engine. I'm sad that they didn't follow suit here, and I hope that they do follow suit for Halo 5. Pre-rendered cutscenes are cool, but they aren't Halo.

I'm torn because I agree with this, but Blur have proven with Halo Wars and now H2A that Halo can look amazing both ways.

As much of a pipe dream as this sounds, it would be great if all Halo titles could get their cutscenes redone by Blur and be applied with the Anniversary style alternation via the back button so we could have the best of both worlds.

Better than H4? It'll be way better than even Halo 3. That's not saying much, but still.

Default Halo 3? For sure but thats saying very little. MLG Halo 3 on LAN however was actually a pretty damn good game. And depending on how much they "adjust" weapon balance and how many interactive features like the bubble shield on Ascension they add it might not be that great. If it's fairly close to a Halo 2.5 without button glitches it should be way better than halo 3.

Because no one wants to play H2 with H4.5 mechanics. 

I think that's a bit harsh. No sprint, no bloom, no AAs.

It's closer to H3 than it is to H4.