Booshka

Shadowrun Discussion

5732shadowrunforumshotj.jpg

Discuss anything and everything about the 2007 FPS Shadowrun.

Here are some pretty good streams of top tier competitive players that still play regularly.

http://twitch.tv/mazhin

http://twitch.tv/reaxtion_sr

My Gamertag is Booshka if anyone is interested in playing Shadowrun, I still play it regularly with the best players in competitive matches and also play random public matches too.  

Play Shadowrun

signed up just for this lol.

glad to see you're trying to expand the community. However a lot of these players aren't too committed to trying a new FPS. There was a ton of activity on THC but only a few players actually participated.

I'm curious to see how much beyond wants to expand in terms of covering competitive console games, since I felt THC should have done it. It would be nice to see this game featured once and a while, since there are plenty of new tournament videos and commentaries.

I think most of the interest from the Halo community has waned, especially since they are trying really hard to get Halo 4 fit for competitive play.

It seems that a lot of Halo players like to use Shadowrun as a check box to show their competitive console shooting cred.  

"Ya, Shadowrun was awesome, one of the best competitive shooters ever."  

But most of them barely played it, and sure as hell don't play it now.

It's really strange to me that more Competitive Halo players dont play it, it's not like it is hard to play like Halo 2 or Halo CE is online.  It's on 360, it's stupid cheap, and you can almost instantly get into competitive privates with the best players that are still playing.

Ironically most of them don't want to take the time to learn the game, and can't stand being so awful when they first start playing.  For all the talk of wanting true competitive shooters on consoles, when there is one right in front of them waiting to be played, they shy away from conquering the learning curve. 

Does anyone still play it? I really would like to play it again but I have no one on my list that even has it.

Yeah you can add me if you want.

GT: Teapot Yo

I may make an official shadowrun thread sometime soon, but the site you're looking for is shadowrunshow.com if you're looking to get back into the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Usually it's Reaxtion Mazin or Czarcasm (spelling)

all of which are very good players and worth picking up their tricks/strats. Sometimes it's not best to mimic a player on stream cause they could have bad habits. If its a public they could just be messing around but if its a private match you know they're going all out

I'm just down to play again for fun. It was a fun game even though I didn't get to play a lot of it. It would be fun to get a group of people to just play at least once a week.

There are a bunch of vets on that site as well as plenty of noobs and those who are in between.

Playshadowrun.com is an old site but they might still run Shadowrun Sunday where its just a group who pubs and tries to have fun.

I'll add ya when I get home.

Hey I tried this at THC and got some players to play Privates with and they were pretty fun.

So I'm trying to bring this back and see if we can get some privates or at least run MM

I even talked to aPK and he said he'd probably put some gameplay of privates we would have

And also, privates in Shadowrun are extremely different to how matchmaking runs. Very different play styles, thinking, etc. tournament play is also even another beast. I'm not sure who else has played privates before besides Teapot and I but I'm sure him and I would be down to help learn them in anyway we can

It's a difficult game but also very fun to play.  You can do lots of things like using Teleport to have some interesting movement options.  Not to mention the game is really balanced , but you don't get the "true" Shadowrun gameplay unless you play 4v4 Privates.  That's when communication, strategy and aiming skills truly shine and come into play.  

If you haven't bought the game, the gameis about 99 cents on amazon!

Post your GT and we'll try making a list.  I also believe if you switch your region temporarily 

- akumaMatataaa

Really? I would have had a thread here constantly updated if I knew this site would actually show the game some love. I sent PM's to Cyren about featuring other games if I could get the content but he just decided it would be best to not answer me, but would be more fun to troll me instead.

The new site is http://Shadowrunshow.com

They still use playshadowrun, but not nearly like when this thread was on THC. The guy who runs shadowrunshow has been doing a great job keeping up the site and keeping some interest. Not much in the way of forums, but there are various tournaments that they host.

I'd like to put a team together and get some scrims if possible.

I would love to play the game. I loved the demo but ive never actually played the retail game. Its always been more money than I am willing to spend at gamestop.

I'm more than willing to help bring anyone up to my speed. I'm really just a pub player so I'm limited on giving private knowledge except for the basics.

One of the things I actually like about pubs is the variety of players you run into. There are trolls who are pure smoke shotty, some who have wired glider and minigun, dwarves who are support rez based players, or ones who stack skills and become main slayers.

Might be mistaken but I believe there's a user here with an avatar of shadowrun, and skillet's the name that comes to mind. I do know Smoshers plays as well and I already have him on my list. I'm sure he'd be down.

Akuma, what about your old teammates?

Yeah Pubs can be a good place to be doing some testing and seeing if the build you're thinking of can actually work out well.

My teammates for the most part are down.  Yoseph would want to play but he has other obligations to take care of first, like school before he could play SR :\

Might make a team for an SR tournament that happens late august or later

Does it say it's free for you? I never downloaded it digitally and it's still telling me it's $15.00. I saw gold's post that shows where it says free for gold but it's not there for me.

Also, could you update someone else's OP with my post? I'd just copy and past a few Shadowrun beginner guides or w/e

Weird, they took it down.

Where is Gold from?

My understanding has been that Shadowrun is the default game given to countries when the game that was intended for the month is too violent or contains negative images of a country. I'm guessing that's the case since Battlefield BC2 is one of the more violent games recently. Pretty disappointing, but maybe this screw up will let them release it for everyone down the way.

Is there a community website for the Shadowrun community anymore? Do people still play? I would love to start playing again and get some of my friends into it.

I don't know of a community website for the game, but there are still people playing Public games and Private matches.  The regulars are different now, but Hershey Squirt and Reaxxtion are the Old names you would recognize.  Hershey still has his old GT, and Reaxxtion is playing on "Bumjamas," so add/message that to try to get into some Private games with your friends.  Reaxxtion continues to be extremely open to new players and facilitating private lobbies to get games going.  I still play and stream here and there, but my XBL Gold is gonna run out soon and I really don't want to renew it.  So I'll be relegated to playing on PC (which usually gets me booted from games).