CyReN

Halo: Nightfall Trailer

FUD was sneaky good. I have faith in this project. The production value at least looks top notch and not the plastic armor was saw in FUD.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I'm guessing the Halo franchise has hit that "stage" in its life where they have to start producing content that has absolutely NOTHING to do whatsoever with what we all actually like about the series, kind of like Star Wars. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Have to say that the trailer wasn't that good, not saying the series wont be but the trailer did not get me hyped to want to go see it. 

Still can't wait for MCC though, 11-11-14 will be a day to remember.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think that actually looks sick. Got my interest piqued to see what the "element" is. Also, just hearing the theme music in at the end got me going.

I think it looks interesting. Not "OMGZ CAN'T WAITZORZ" but I would give it an episode or two. Looking forward to see how it links to Halo 5 though!

Side note: Who want's to bet the black guy dies first?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Sure lets go, I'm bound to win it as he's a playable character in Halo 5 so he can't die in his origin story.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think it looks interesting. Not "OMGZ CAN'T WAITZORZ" but I would give it an episode or two. Looking forward to see how it links to Halo 5 though!

He's in Halo 5, so I'll put a lot of money into saying he won't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Strange creatures found an underground substance that is being used to kill humans?  Isn't that Gears of War?

Is this the TV show?

No.

looks rad.  I like how it seems like a very self-contained story.  moreso than forward unto dawn.

If this were just some random series in a sci-fi setting, I'd still probably be interested.

A compound that selectively kills Humans, as if a combination of elements has the non-cognitive ability to scan our chromosomes to determine that we're indeed homo sapiens and should be killed... I wish science fiction would lean more towards science than shit fiction. Also, just like forward unto dawn, the actors look like they're acting (Halo seemingly makes them feel really fucking awkward). Bonerkill.

A compound that selectively kills Humans, as if a combination of elements has the non-cognitive ability to scan our chromosomes to determine that we're indeed homo sapiens and should be killed... I wish science fiction would lean more towards science than shit fiction. Also, just like forward unto dawn, the actors look like they're acting (Halo seemingly makes them feel really fucking awkward). Bonerkill.

Implying Halo has to follow the rules of science. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

A compound that selectively kills Humans

Not a compound.  An element.  As in a bundle of electrons, protons, and neutrons.  That same things that make up everything else in the universe.

The Flood in the novels could choose who to infect and who to attack as well so this element is likely related and fits completely with Halo and its Sci-fi.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not a compound.  An element.  As in a bundle of electrons, protons, and neutrons.  That same things that make up everything else in the universe.

Sounds like Precursor work.

i_love_lore_heart_t_shirt-p2350759761251

I wish science fiction would lean more towards science than shit fiction.

It's much worse when it just sticks to commonly-known or mundane science. The best way to do it, imo, is when it's completely out there, but has still has some real bearing in actual science. Like Precursor technology being based on neural physics, the idea that the universe is in itself alive in some way. The idea that consciousness is universal

. But this killer element concept seems to just be a reversal of the BDO trope we've seen so many times in Halo already, going to the small scales instead of the big. It's pretty much just a quick and easy way to make it seem like a more mysterious threat.

A compound that selectively kills Humans, as if a combination of elements has the non-cognitive ability to scan our chromosomes to determine that we're indeed homo sapiens and should be killed...

Perhaps it doesn't choose to kill humans, but is only deadly to humans?

Really don't like the cinematography. Will bet the action, acting and story is better than FUD though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

looks rad.  I like how it seems like a very self-contained story.  moreso than forward unto dawn.

If this were just some random series in a sci-fi setting, I'd still probably be interested.

What he said.

Perhaps it doesn't choose to kill humans, but is only deadly to humans?

Well duh but... what kind of element would ONLY kill humans, and not kill one of the million other organisms we share DNA with? Like monkeys.

What he said.

Well duh but... what kind of element would ONLY kill humans, and not kill one of the million other organisms we share DNA with? Like monkeys.

Well when they said only humans, I think they were mainly implying that it doesn't affect the Covenant races. I doubt they've put monkeys and squirrels on the Halo ring to test out the element's potential.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I'm guessing the Halo franchise has hit that "stage" in its life where they have to start producing content that has absolutely NOTHING to do whatsoever with what we all actually like about the series, kind of like Star Wars. 

Define 'we all'.