Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

iPhone 6 Discussion

What do you think of the Iphone 6 (none+)

Screenshot_2014_09_09_14_51_52.jpg

beat me to it xD.

iPhone is a over-glorified piece of tech with 3-5 year old hardware.

• Upvote (+1) 1

beat me to it xD.

iPhone is a over-glorified piece of tech with 3-5 year old hardware.

The thing about Apple is they are never the ones to come out with the technology. The just "revolutionize" it. MP3 players were out before the iPod. Smart phones before the iPhone. Tablets before the iPad.

NFC and Google Wallet hasn't been noticed all that much since Androids implementation. It's even been pulled from phones and had breaches. Apple takes aim to fix those issues (though I'm curious to see how it goes).

I'm not a fan of saying it, but apples name will bring a lot more attention to things like NFC and mobile payments/wallets.

Not really "revolutionizing" it, more like making it mainstream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing about Apple is they are never the ones to come out with the technology. The just "revolutionize" it. MP3 players were out before the iPod. Smart phones before the iPhone. Tablets before the iPad.

NFC and Google Wallet hasn't been noticed all that much since Androids implementation. It's even been pulled from phones and had breaches. Apple takes aim to fix those issues (though I'm curious to see how it goes).

I'm not a fan of saying it, but apples name will bring a lot more attention to things like NFC and mobile payments/wallets.

Not really "revolutionizing" it, more like making it mainstream.

I can agree with that. They really do, do a good job at pointing their shit out for their consumers.

10 million sold in the first week. People are praising apple for how well they got their distribution worked out to handle 10 million sales in such a short time. Amazing. and quite an accomplishment. And they bend and break in people's pockets...

All those sales... oh well...

In July, rumors did surface suggesting that the iPhone 6 might have a flexible display. Those rumors did not come to pass, but it appears that some iPhone 6 owners are determined to make the dream a reality.

The displays do bend, they just don't bend back to where they started.

My phone is an android and my next phone (this weekend) will be an android. I am developing a video game for the android with a base OS level of Ice Cream Sandwitch giving me over 80% market as my target.

Americans will pay good money to purchase and take home with them the latest NSA spy camera and microphones.

And as a side benefit, they can make phone calls with them as well.

A whopping 9 people reported it out of 10 million units. I'd say thats a pretty good ratio.

I want to say that no one from any other cell phone company has ever had that called in as a complaint. I have no idea how to find that statistic though, most likely due to it never happening or being an issue before.

I want to say that no one from any other cell phone company has ever had that called in as a complaint. I have no idea how to find that statistic though, most likely due to it never happening or being an issue before.

^

Actually the HTC One M8 bends under just as much pressure as the 6+ and that was one of the first things mentioned on phone forums when the whole #bendgate crap hit.

The only reason this went viral and the M8 didn't is because its Apple.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/381873-bent-m8.html

• Upvote (+1) 2

Interesting. I hadn't heard of any other phone doing it besides apple.

Yeah, I believe the M8 and the 6+ are the weakest phones as far as the top tier phones go though.

The galaxy note 3 hold up amazingly well under the bend test.

I got a question, which normal casual phone user has ever decided to use full force to bend their brand new phone? No one. I've had my 5s for over a year now and never have done anything ever to put it through that kind of stress.

However, that weak point on the 6+ can potientally cause some sort of small/moderate bend down the line. Should be interesting to see, and only time well tell. I just feel this whole bendgate shit is fucking hilarious because no sane human is going to buy a phone then try to bend it with massive force. 

Apple products are over priced jokes for hipster teenage girls and nerdy geek men who really are women on the inside that sip starbucks all day. Their broken technology is a joke. Look at the bend on that one.

1235523_1477842439143313_115985582411049

Just got my iPhone 6, absolutely loving it so far. Such w huge upgrade over m 4S.

Feel free to AMA about it.

Just got my iPhone 6, absolutely loving it so far. Such w huge upgrade over m 4S.

Feel free to AMA about it.

Bend it yet?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Apple products are over priced jokes for hipster teenage girls and nerdy geek men who really are women on the inside that sip starbucks all day. Their broken technology is a joke. Look at the bend on that one.

Have you ever owned an Apple product? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

Don't worry I have my fair critisisms of Apple. However I do own *some* of their products and they are really nice. 

The people who go out of their way to bash Apple fanboys are just as bad as the Apple fanboys. Remember that rule. Also I can assure you their technology is not broken by any means.