PaCMaYNE

New "Halo 1 Timer" app for Android and IOS

Any update on iOS release?

Yea, the app on Android works great and I enjoy the simplistic design with the background color/rockets/OS indicators.  Please get this on iOS so more people can enjoy ;)

Hey, loving the app, any chance you could add adjustment buttons? e.g. if you started the timer a few seconds too late then you could "bump" it to compensate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey, loving the app, any chance you could add adjustment buttons? e.g. if you started the timer a few seconds too late then you could "bump" it to compensate.

genius

nice! can't wait for it to come out on ios :D

looking forward to the iOS release...

Yea, the app on Android works great and I enjoy the simplistic design with the background color/rockets/OS indicators.  Please get this on iOS so more people can enjoy ;)

Thanks!

Any update on iOS release?

I submitted it to Apple store well over a month ago and still no response from my developer. I have reached out to him multiple times and have yet to hear back. May have to go shopping for a new one...

This was actually a planned update,,, assuming of course it sold enough to continue to update. :)

Any comment on the regional block issue? Would love to pay for your app, but Play Market states that is "incompatible with all my devices". These include an ASUS eepad, a Nexus 4 and a HTC One mini. So, there must be some regional block set.

Could you please remove the region block, so that me (and others from europe/scandinavia) may buy your app?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any comment on the regional block issue? Would love to pay for your app, but Play Market states that is "incompatible with all my devices". These include an ASUS eepad, a Nexus 4 and a HTC One mini. So, there must be some regional block set.

Could you please remove the region block, so that me (and others from europe/scandinavia) may buy your app?

Added, sorry. Thought I already had. :)

UPDATE: Developer was out of town for a month on a mission. 

APP STORE declined the app due to the name being misleading. I resubmitted as "Timer for Halo 1" 

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS IF THIS ONE ALSO GETS REJECTED???

I'm old school and anal about the name of the first Halo. Should be "Halo: CE" not "Halo 1"  :( But that's probably just me, lol...

So something as simple as "Halo: CE Multiplayer Timer" works for me.

I'm old school and anal about the name of the first Halo. Should be "Halo: CE" not "Halo 1"  :( But that's probably just me, lol...

it was cool to say halo ce until custom edition game out.

it was also cool to say the xbox1 for the og until the xbone one came out.

damn it all

Not sure if it's like this for anyone else, but I don't get a 10 second countdown on the iOS version. I get 50, 40, 30, and 20, but those are the only notifications.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just sayin' man, there is nothing old school about saying Halo CE. When Halo came out and you wanted to talk about it, you simply said 'Halo'. It remained this way until Halo 2 came out, at which point just saying 'Halo' would be confusing for obvious reasons. The logical next step in the wake of this sequel was to call Halo CE Halo 1. Halo 1 and Halo 2. Rolls right off the tongue. Never in my life did I come across a fellow Halo 1 player who actually called it Halo CE with any regularity. 

Just 'Halo' pre H2 and 'Halo 1' post H2.

Your current idea is good Jeff I don't see them denying that. Perhaps saying Halo 1 weapon timer. Idk. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if it's like this for anyone else, but I don't get a 10 second countdown on the iOS version. I get 50, 40, 30, and 20, but those are the only notifications.

Same, though I assume it's in process of being fixed by this point.

I didn't feel this was worthy of a review comment but if I may offer some very humble UI criticism I would say nix the top bar that currently only holds the Options button in favor of a more subtle semi-transparent gear icon or the like in one of the lower corners. The rest of the app is way too pretty to be covered up unnecessarily. Along the same lines, making the status bar transparent would also be a nice touch.

Obviously working out the bugs is priority one though. Those are just recommendations for a rainy day. I'm gonna give it a 5 star review after the ten second countdown is fixed.

Needs landscape view, final 10 second countdown, larger font size for the timer, and a more transparent options tab but that isn't a must like the first three improvements. Everything else is legit. Thanks again Pacmayne.

yea i think thats just how the ios version is, hopefully it gets updated with the 10,9,8... countdown 

the only thing i can do is touch start for os i cant do anything else, will it be fixed?

Landscape view please and thank you

Same, though I assume it's in process of being fixed by this point.

I didn't feel this was worthy of a review comment but if I may offer some very humble UI criticism I would say nix the top bar that currently only holds the Options button in favor of a more subtle semi-transparent gear icon or the like in one of the lower corners. The rest of the app is way too pretty to be covered up unnecessarily. Along the same lines, making the status bar transparent would also be a nice touch.

Obviously working out the bugs is priority one though. Those are just recommendations for a rainy day. I'm gonna give it a 5 star review after the ten second countdown is fixed.

Needs landscape view, final 10 second countdown, larger font size for the timer, and a more transparent options tab but that isn't a must like the first three improvements. Everything else is legit. Thanks again Pacmayne.

yea i think thats just how the ios version is, hopefully it gets updated with the 10,9,8... countdown 

The developer has been quite flakily... he disappeared for a month, only to return for a day and disappear again after we got it accepted in the App store. The issued were submitted and the features MOST of you mentioned had been planned. Im not really what to do at this point with this guy. Id love to get someone new but I have already spent more than I wanted to...

:)

Just sayin' man, there is nothing old school about saying Halo CE. When Halo came out and you wanted to talk about it, you simply said 'Halo'. It remained this way until Halo 2 came out, at which point just saying 'Halo' would be confusing for obvious reasons. The logical next step in the wake of this sequel was to call Halo CE Halo 1. Halo 1 and Halo 2. Rolls right off the tongue. Never in my life did I come across a fellow Halo 1 player who actually called it Halo CE with any regularity. 

Just 'Halo' pre H2 and 'Halo 1' post H2.

Your current idea is good Jeff I don't see them denying that. Perhaps saying Halo 1 weapon timer. Idk. 

WELL SAID THREESHOT!