Missingno

Some Halo 1 Videos for New Players

This is exactly the right kind of stuff to be doing before MCC comes out.

More spawn videos would be good, and also nade points videos (preferably on both split and full screen)

I've played a lot of Halo CE, but never played it competitively. These videos have been very informative and I hope to see more soon!

I'd like to see more videos on spawns. Are spawns only determined by player position or do grenades affect them? In your Derelict video, you mentioned nading the top spawns and I wasn't sure if you were intending on blocking them or trying to damage a player that could be spawning there.

I'd also like to see nade spot videos. More specifically, the spots that move weapons and powerups around. You showed that there are two common spots where rockets land on Chillout and I thought that was very helpful. I'd love to see more in depth videos like that!

Keep up the good work! I really enjoy your videos and just subscribed last night.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've played a lot of Halo CE, but never played it competitively. These videos have been very informative and I hope to see more soon!

I'd like to see more videos on spawns. Are spawns only determined by player position or do grenades affect them? In your Derelict video, you mentioned nading the top spawns and I wasn't sure if you were intending on blocking them or trying to damage a player that could be spawning there.

I'd also like to see nade spot videos. More specifically, the spots that move weapons and powerups around. You showed that there are two common spots where rockets land on Chillout and I thought that was very helpful. I'd love to see more in depth videos like that!

Keep up the good work! I really enjoy your videos and just subscribed last night.

Only your teammate's location affects where you spawn.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Grenades do NOT affect spawn, if you nade a spawn it is to get an easy kill when the enemy spawns. the only other factor( then your teammate) is if the enemy team blocks the spawn point( and by block the spawn point I mean stand right on, your enemy can spawn right next to you, enemy proximity does not matter, only teammate proximity)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks, guys! That makes a lot more sense. So I'm assuming in a 1v1, the players will always get randoms? I don't plan on playing 4v4 or BTB, but tracking spawns in anything higher than 2v2 sounds pretty complicated.

Thanks, guys! That makes a lot more sense. So I'm assuming in a 1v1, the players will always get randoms? I don't plan on playing 4v4 or BTB, but tracking spawns in anything higher than 2v2 sounds pretty complicated.

Yea tracking spawns on TS with 3v3 and 4v4 is more difficult.  And yes in a 1v1 they technically always get randoms.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yea tracking spawns on TS with 3v3 and 4v4 is more difficult...

Also, I believe that as the gametype changes from 2v2 slayer to maybe 3v3 or 4v4 CTF/KOTH/Slayer some additional spawns come into play.  Opening up the stock maps in a map editor (Sparkedit/Arsenic) shows many more spawns per map than what are present in 2v2 team slayer.  I don't know where the cutoff is or when all spawns are unlocked though.

But for 2v2 gameplay, Missingno has done a fantastic job detailing spawns and commentating his videos.

Also, I believe that as the gametype changes from 2v2 slayer to maybe 3v3 or 4v4 CTF/KOTH/Slayer some additional spawns come into play.  Opening up the stock maps in a map editor (Sparkedit/Arsenic) shows many more spawns per map than what are present in 2v2 team slayer.  I don't know where the cutoff is or when all spawns are unlocked though.

But for 2v2 gameplay, Missingno has done a fantastic job detailing spawns and commentating his videos.

I'm not entirely sure about larger teams, but I know for a fact that the spawns and weapons change on a per-gametype basis in Halo 1.

Yes there are different spawns for some gametypes, and thank you.  I had a new Rat Race video up but it exported all choppy, so I'm doing it again.  

Nice commentary again.

Rat Race games can move a little slow, but I've always considered the map to be a bit underrated. At the very least, it isn't as random as Hang 'Em High can be or as one-sided as Derelict can be. Also, I'd maybe say it's one of fewer H1 maps that could work well in a post-H1 4v4 environment. Shame it'll probably never see a remake.

Nice commentary again.

Rat Race games can move a little slow, but I've always considered the map to be a bit underrated. At the very least, it isn't as random as Hang 'Em High can be or as one-sided as Derelict can be. Also, I'd maybe say it's one of fewer H1 maps that could work well in a post-H1 4v4 environment. Shame it'll probably never see a remake.

Thanks for watching.

Yea I agree actually, and I love this map for 4v4.  I think it's playable for 4v4 TS, Oddball, KOTH, and Flag if you play 2 games, alternating bases.  As biased as I am, Hang 'Em definitely has its place.  It's a super frustrating map sometimes and some really lucky things can happen but it's a great team work map.  Derelict can be the same way, sometimes bad things happen to good players in both maps.

Not sure if anyone wants me to be bumping this so I'll probably just post this Battle Creek one for now.  Hope everyone has enjoyed the videos. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Bump it whenever you post a new video.

Any more map-specific commentaries planned?

I have one done for a 2nd Chill Out game, just haven't gotten around to uploading yet.  I will be lanning the next few days, so it may have to wait until next week.  I could do a lot more on Chill Out, Prisoner, Damnation, and Hang 'Em and probably never run out of things to talk about.  

Bump! Everyone that intends to play h1 on the MC:CE come Nov. needs to watch these. Thanks so much MissingNo!

• Upvote (+1) 1