Sign in to follow this  
Proto

Dota 2 Thread

With TI4 having me playing more and more Dota 2 - I figured there should be an official thread for it since there has never really been one before.

For anyone looking to get into Dota 2 - here are some very helpful websites and pages to visit.

DotaBuff

"Welcome to Dota, You Suck" - Purge

Dota 2 - Official Website

FAQ - Dota 2 Subreddit

Purge Gamers - YouTube

Discuss anything and everything Dota 2 here - go!

I watch the noob stream and I still know anything. So EG got third? How much do they get? Which teams are in the finals? 

I watch the noob stream and I still know anything. So EG got third? How much do they get? Which teams are in the finals?

ViCi Gaming and Newbee are in the grand finals, coverage starts at 9am PDT.

ViCi Gaming and Newbee are in the grand finals, coverage starts at 9am PDT.

What country is each of those teams from? Its going to be on espn 2 right?

What country is each of those teams from? Its going to be on espn 2 right?

Both teams are from China. And no - the stream will be on Watch ESPN and Twitch TV. Last night was the show on ESPN 2 - it was a 30 minute show on The International - previewing the finals & an interview with Gabe Newell being the main components.

Tried some games last night as Storm Spirit. Extremely fun hero. Not recommended if you are completely new to the game - but over time - I definitely recommend trying him out.

I tried playing Dota 2 a few weeks back after watching

, which I highly reccomend everyone watch, even if you're not into Dota 2. I couldn't get into the game, I played the tutorial all the way through and finished everything but it just didn't click with me.

I'd still watch a live stream or follow it though.

The tutorial really doesn't help relay the full grasp of the game to anyone new. I played a lot of bot games and just watched streams, youtube videos, etc to learn more about the game. Learning the items - their names and what they do - was a big thing for me. After that, everything started clicking and I was able to play the game more - along with playing new heroes. It definitely takes some time though.

Dota 2 is the main game I'm on nowadays, been playing for a bit over a year. Add me on Steam: Rob1Ham

On 7/24/2014 at 7:50 PM, Rob1Ham said:

Dota 2 is the main game I'm on nowadays, been playing for a bit over a year. Add me on Steam: Rob1Ham

I agree to play with you! Do you use any tools or guides for the play? After I pop over to this web-site the game process became more pleasant and better. Now I know how to be the best. Do you use it?