Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Ace: The Montage

Who runs the @ twitter account anyways? Is it Bravo now that hes community manager?  :bravo:

Bravo and Tashi if I recall correctly, seems to be mostly Bravo.

Could be totally wrong though haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's see if I can write a little without getting flamed.

This is very obviously a top montage, I don't want anyone to think I'm speaking from the point of view that thinks this was sub par. 

Overall, the gameplay, (the most important aspect of a montage) was top notch. There just isn't a better collection of MLG clips as extensive as this by one player.

Unfortunately, for me, the editing was a bit of a disappointment. Editing is typically an unknown factor when it comes to montages and it looks like the 23 minutes was too long for Snipetality. Effects were sometimes non-existent, which is fine, but at some points effects seemed to try to dominate the gameplay, not work with it. Examples of editing that flow with the gameplay can be seen in just about any of Zola's montages, or Sillygoose's Ol Man Makowski. It just felt too on and off for me to want to stay for the full 23 minutes. To me, this seems to be the product of procrastination; an example of what happens when you spend 10 months working on a project. I don't know for certain how much time was spend editing between the two, but the focus just didn't seem like it was there. 

Again, I want to reiterate that my criticisms shouldn't reflect that I didn't enjoy the montage. I simply feet that given the time spent working on it and the hype that was instilled by so many, that the editing should have been better.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As for people that are complaining it was too long....it was basically a H3 and Halo reach montage back to back. And the last 3 minutes were pretty much dedicated to shout outs. I see no issue with them using that much time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipetality, Ace, and Hastings have done something I never thought Id see again...a montage as good as Str8 Rippins montage. Now for the longest time and still going, Str8s absolute masterpiece of a montage (thanks to Zola) is still my all time favorite until something else comes along, but this one is the first one Ive seen in YEARS that matches that level. 

That.Was.INCREDIBLE.  Although I thought it was weird seing lots of double kills, they were GREAT doubles. This held up the intensity all throughout thanks to the absolutely beautiful editing Snipetality did. fast paced, tons of jaw dropping kills and the H4GC winning kill that Ace and Pistola were apart of..that was a PERFECT introduction. 

One of the rare times I give a montage a perfect rating.  10/10  Simpy terrific work and Ace...my gosh. I hope to see you competing again with the other pros when the Master Chief Collection releases and Halo dominates the FPS world once again..as long as MLG and 343 Industries make some deal.

Thank you for the kind words. The fact that people are comparing this to the legendary Str8 montage is just insane to me. Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who runs the @ twitter account anyways? Is it Bravo now that hes community manager?  :bravo:

Bravo, Tashi and some others we don't know the names of.

Awesome, want to play H2C now!

You know what Guys? Back then when Halo 2 has been released, there were not that much chances to record a game and share it with the world. I remember XBC and XBL matches where I went crazy, but I had no equipment to capture these matches, even not the know-how back then. Im happy for all you guys out there who can do that now!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome, want to play H2C now!

You know what Guys? Back then when Halo 2 has been released, there were not that much chances to record a game and share it with the world. I remember XBC and XBL matches where I went crazy, but I had no equipment to capture these matches, even not the know-how back then. Im happy for all you guys out there who can do that now!

At one point we didn't even have youtube back then

At one point we didn't even have youtube back then

All about that Megashare and Filefront baby!

I had WMP files for daaaaays. Itwaslucks 9 montages, Shookon3s 5 montages and more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was a great montage, a well done to Ace, Snipetality, Hastings, and any1 else who had a hand in this. 

Thank you for the kind words. The fact that people are comparing this to the legendary Str8 montage is just insane to me. Thank you.

Your welcome!

For me, when It comes to a pro/semi pros montage, it tend to judge it against past profession montages, especially Str8 Rippins, to see how good it was compared to them with their editing and clips, then I think about how I liked it. Most montages from other pros are seriously amazing, save a few, but Aces just blew the doors off. 

• Upvote (+1) 1