Sign in to follow this  
Jaws

Will Xbox One kill twitch community?

Not everyone will be able to stream or probably will not want to. Seeing how you'd have to have a decent connection to stream anything worth watching. Once I move I'll be able to afford building my own PC to start streaming when I'm not busy. I guess we'll just have to wait an see how it actually works and if it's worth streaming from your XboxOne.

Formal, Snip3down?

Snip3down is stepping his stream game up. Formal doesnt interact with chat much and is always chewing which IMO is disgusting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The black ops 2 had direct streaming. However it only goes live after you get "x" amount of viewers. Wont be surprised if they do the same.

How do you get viewers if you arent live :O

There are so many League of Legends players that stream, both AM an PRO and it hasnt killed that community. It may cause a bigger divide and harder for AM streamers to get noticed but it won't kill the community.

This.

The black ops 2 had direct streaming. However it only goes live after you get "x" amount of viewers. Wont be surprised if they do the same.

That's not how it works. It does have direct streaming, and you can stream as soon as you click the button. It might just shut off after 30 minutes or so "to let other people stream". 

It will only help the community AND the top streamers as well. That's why most computer games have SO many more streamers and total viewers; because it's so easy to stream on a computer. If more people can do it, and there are more channels for people to watch so they could stumble across it and start themselves, it only leads to growth. I can't WAIT for it to come out. It's just going to suck for the people who start streaming then if they don't have any connections. But just make them work that much harder. 

Twitch will go through the largest popularity spike they've ever been through, but the quality of channels will have a considerable drop since young children will have just as much access as experienced and mature casters.