Sign in to follow this  
Jaws

Will Xbox One kill twitch community?

What are peoples thoughts on Twitch teaming up with Xbox one? 

Do we think it will kill the live streaming community due to a new Halo in 2014? (To many people streaming not enough viewers)

Or only invoke more people to play and stream?

I think that a lot of good players and good commentators might get lost in the fray of people starting to stream, however i think it will get a lot more people into the community.

Do you think there will be a cost? Would you have to be turbo?

competition is good, people that actually bring something to the table will always rise to the top, the current streamers are pretty fucking mediocre 

(ninja ,pistola only ones worth anything)

Very true, however I think its also going to bring a lot of trashcans.

Good luck to the CoD community there will be so many people streaming CoD

In the back of my mind I am hoping you have to be Turbo or something to either stream altogether or to have the max quality

Not at all. Don't think of it as taking one viewer from another, think of it as getting more halo viewers overall. Look at league of legends, theres tons of streamers, tons of viewers. I used to watch streams before League was huge, dyrus used to have 500 viewers late at night now he has 50,000 viewers. This will be good for halo

I don't see this making any sort of an impact. There might be more people streaming, but I can't see anyone swapping over from say Ninjas or Nadeshots stream with pro level gameplay a face cam and voice included, to a random persons gameplay only stream, no matter how good they are.

The black ops 2 had direct streaming. However it only goes live after you get "x" amount of viewers. Wont be surprised if they do the same.

Possibly, but I see Twitch and Xbox working together on this one. If anything it will only be more easy to stream. More Streamers, More Viewers as well. 

End result. I think We'll be fine. Not worried. 

i think it is a good thing. i also think with this more streams which means more views on halo 

Very true, however I think its also going to bring a lot of trashcans.

Good luck to the CoD community there will be so many people streaming CoD

In the back of my mind I am hoping you have to be Turbo or something to either stream altogether or to have the max quality

CoD has an option to stream to Twitch AND Youtube INGAME already... With that being said, the stream numbers for CoD are better than ever. How does your statement make sense?

CoD has an option to stream to Twitch AND Youtube INGAME already... With that being said, the stream numbers for CoD are better than ever. How does your statement make sense?

Just on the amount of people alone i believe that it would become extremely hard to get noticed, but i completely forgot about the livestream thing already being there for CoD

(I'll start off by saying this is just my opinion.) I don't believe it will, i do believe initially it'll make a small dent in viewers but in the long run i don't think it will affect much. Examples being that H4 is there for everyone to play although most  would rather watch others play because they are able to do things in the game that most can't. Most people watch comedy instead of performing because they feel they lack the charisma for entertainment or they aren't as funny, although comedy is accessible for anyone to perform. I think we're at a point where people realize that entertaining a stream is a skill not everyone has. They'll give it a shot and new streamers with personalities will emerge, but at the end of the day things will mostly stay the same. Youtube has millions of users, that doesn't take away the amount of views Youtubers get that actually make a living from it. 

I enjoy watching others play games, as do many others. I watch people play a lot of games I dont own as well, or classic games I no longer have.

my answer to the question; No I dont see it harming the community at all. Only improving it.

It won't kill it, just make it extremely hard to get noticed and stand out on Twitch.

There are so many League of Legends players that stream, both AM an PRO and it hasnt killed that community. It may cause a bigger divide and harder for AM streamers to get noticed but it won't kill the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It will probably help make streaming more popular. Besides, truckdriver05953475's stream won't be taking that many viewers from Ninja.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it will kill the current generation of streamers, because what makes them special is they have the equipment for it. Although XB1 Streamers most likely won't run ads, they will have PiP because of Kinect which is one of the things that makes a stream enjoyable

It will kill Halo streaming because now people will have easy access to vastly, VASTLY more popular streams.  

Can you clarify please?

No way this will kill the population. If you look on twitch now there are like 4 unpopular channels streaming halo with like 5-15 viewers while Ninjas stream has 1k. People will watch the stream with the better quality (not video but content quality!).

With X1 you probably will have 500 channels with poor/boring content, but people will go to the channels that are good. The best thing though is now a person that wouldn´t be able to stream, because he can´t afford the equipment but would make hilarious/awesome content, is able to stream with his Xbox.

No way this will kill the population. If you look on twitch now there are like 4 unpopular channels streaming halo with like 5-15 viewers while Ninjas stream has 1k. People will watch the stream with the better quality (not video but content quality!).

With X1 you probably will have 500 channels with poor/boring content, but people will go to the channels that are good. The best thing though is now a person that wouldn´t be able to stream, because he can´t afford the equipment but would make hilarious/awesome content, is able to stream with his Xbox.

That is my viewpoint on the subject aswell. I can name multiple players that I'd love to watch but can't because they can't afford/don't want to purchase streaming equipment/sufficient internet.  Although the "Halo" twitch page will be cluttered with people, but the cream will always come to the top.

I think at the start everyone and their dog will be streaming because it will be the cool new thing to do, but once 99.9% of them realize that nobody could possibly care about watching them play Halo, the best streams will begin to surface and it will pretty much be back to normal, just with easier ways to access them.  Kind of like when Forge came out in Halo 3 and upgraded in Reach, everyone tried forging maps for the first month, but then pretty much everyone (including myself) realized that they had absolutely no talent at forge, and gave up and let the good forgers put out maps instead.

It'll probably kill the non-pro streamers because most people that watch Halo streams would prefer to watch a pro stream and hopefully there will be plenty to choose from.

It's great for the viewer, not so great if you are a current non-pro streamer.