Sign in to follow this  
Evan

Halo 5 Announced for 2014

Guys he's wearing robes because he's going rogue. He disobeyed UNSC orders or something

343 Logic:

For Halo 4...

"Well CoD has sprint and kill streaks, so we should have those too!"

For Halo 5...

"Well Destiny has cool cloaks and shit, so we should have those too!"

But honestly... if a cloak like that was an available 'armor effect' like Halo: Reach's effects... I'd rock it. Especially if the detail color changed the color of the cloak and oh my god can this be a thing!?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sup guys.  l literally did this speculation video (if you wanna call it that) about 3 minutes after I watched the e3 press conference video for the new halo title and it was only uploaded now (because I only have a 0.5mb upload speed) . In the video I talk about , 60 fps gameplay, dedicated servers and naughty business. Enjoy! 

Maaaan, it isn't like Destiny is the first to have cloaks. 

Cloaks like bad ass on Spartans anyway.

Guys he's wearing robes because he's going rogue. He disobeyed UNSC orders or something

back to basics.

I think a cool plot point is if we go back to the original broken Halo where it all started.

I'm personally hoping to see a growth in the FPS genre as a whole. I feel like with CoD Ghosts not being super impressive, Halo having plenty of new features and hopefully a "goin back to its roots" feel, Titanfall looking good according to what i've heard, Destiny being amazing which I would think Bungie can handle, maybe Planetside 2 or Gears....I hope all these games start bringing their own stuff/style to the table, and we see a growth for FPS as a whole. More people buying different FPS games, playing different ones, etc. CoD just selling more and everyone else copying to try n make money is only making things worse, and I think people are starting to see that...hopefully anyways. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll be very excited for dedicated servers and 60fps, I love the three year cycles for competitivie Halo.  Year 1 is always exciting, year 2 is fun and then year 3 is always filled with the finalized badass settings and incredible play.  07 Halo 2 and 2010 Halo 3 were some of MLG's best years.

back to basics.

I think a cool plot point is if we go back to the original broken Halo where it all started.

yeah with the original guns/mechanics and physics XD haha

I'll be very excited for dedicated servers and 60fps, I love the three year cycles for competitivie Halo.  Year 1 is always exciting, year 2 is fun and then year 3 is always filled with the finalized badass settings and incredible play.  07 Halo 2 and 2010 Halo 3 were some of MLG's best years.

This is why I  love the 2.5-3 year cycle of Halo. It allows the game to grow and change.

Am I the only one who wants to see the Arbiter again? For those of you who follow the books (Like me)

There are currently two Covenant Factions:

One being the "Storm" faction the ones you fight against in H4 and the ones who don't who want peace with the humans

and the other faction being the faction that wants to end war with the humans and make peace for people like the Arbiter don't believe in their "gods" anymore I mean he believes that their real but he doesn't think the Sanghelli(elites) shouldn't rely on them. (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure It's been awhile since I read the books)

I would LOVE to see the MC and Arbiter duo again (Hell I'd cry). And for the Master Chief situation I think it was really peculiar that the UNSC wanted to decommission him because Master Chief or "John" ins't the only spartan left there are about I think 5 s

For Halo 5 MM I think the current Slayer Pro settings would be ideal for every playlist (I mean of course having the radar) and of course WE NEED GOOD and FUN and I repeat FUN MAPS to play on like on Halo 3 and 2 many of those maps from those games were the best maps Halo had because they were good and fun to play on. 

And with these dedicated servers I would we can do Custom Game Lobby Searches I mean that would be really good and convenient and like everybody else we need a spectator mode as well for the eSports scene.

And based off the trailer I'm guessing we're stuck with the same armor from Halo 4 and I mean seriously? Can we please get some better armor like there weren't many armor sets that looked like they were from Halo. So please bring better armor 343i.

And lastly for the ranking system I think 1 - 50 system is good but I think it would be cool and better if there were for example having a bronze 25 in Team SWAT or having a gold 50 in Team Slayer I think that would be cool because sometimes getting a 50 can be really short so with different divisons that would bring more to the table in my opinion.

And of course #Descope #Pleasenosprint (if it stays please make it balanced but please prioritize descoping)  

P.S the Sniper looked weird in H4 make it look better and lower the aim assit for all guns please thanks :)

This is why I  love the 2.5-3 year cycle of Halo. It allows the game to grow and change.

Yea, look what happens when Reach got nearly 2 years in, we got ZBNS settings and had an amazing MLG columbus and AGL columbus, but halo 4 came out and that changed. Halo 4 could've been timed in release with the xbox one if they just waited a year :\ 

Why is he wearing a cloak.

Like, what is that accomplishing in a full suit of super advanced armor.

I am confuse.

It was basically for dramatic effect so nobody knew what game it was until he took off the hood.

Yes, Microsoft tweeted using #Halo5, but 343 seems to be advertising it as Halo Xbox One, or just Halo (at the end of the trailer).

It makes sense that it would be called Halo 5, as it is the 5th official installment in the main storyline.

Would you all rather have the game titled Halo, Halo Xbox One, or Halo 5?

I personally wouldn't mind an "Apple-esque" rename of the series... just Halo

Yes, Microsoft tweeted using #Halo5, but 343 seems to be advertising it as Halo Xbox One, or just Halo (at the end of the trailer).

It makes sense that it would be called Halo 5, as it is the 5th official installment in the main storyline.

Would you all rather have the game titled Halo, Halo Xbox One, or Halo 5?

I personally wouldn't mind an "Apple-esque" rename of the series... just Halo

Xbox twitter been using the hashtag #Halo5.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it needs to be said again. LoL, Starcraft 2, Dota 2, and even WoW all have one thing in common (aside from being PC games): they're all highly competitive. I understand 343 wants this game to appeal to everyone, but they're ruining the longevity of the game in the process. Can't change facts, but nerfing multiplayer to focus on campaign and Spartan Ops is a mistake. Hiring people that don't have a background in first person shooters (seriously the guy from NFS is the LEAD multiplayer designer?) is a mistake; and perhaps more importantly, hiring people who don't like Halo is a huge mistake. Armor abilities are not inherently a bad idea, but they're implemented so poorly that they break the game.

Halo works well as it was originally designed: an arena shooter. Halo 5 can be modeled perfectly after Halo 1-3. 

Trailer was meh.. They made the master cheif look like one of those desert/sand people from Star Wars.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trailer was meh.. They made the master cheif look like one of those desert/sand people from Star Wars.

Do you think they did it on purpose tho? The suspense!

Dat cape been blown of his helmet, my body is ready.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It looks pretty legit. Dedicated servers have been on the wishlist since the end of H2. Every time a new Halo came out there would be some misinformed rumor about that. Glad to see it finally confirmed!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am so excited for dedicated servers being a western Canadian player (if they are within a reasonable distance of course). Finally a more fair game for us (and u.s players when we got host).

60 fps is going to be so boss as well... Now we just got to wait till next year to see what they do for gameplay mechanics... my hopes are high this time. the standard of halo and its community have fallen too far for 343 to not take a step back to halo roots. Atleast if they are hoping to bring halo back to its xbl glory days.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll believe dedicated servers when I see them, and if it wasn't 60 fps with the next gen hardware then the devs need to be hung in a public square. 

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from H4 launch. I will still need to see improvements to this game and an announcement of the current/improved multiplayer settings carrying over to H5 before I give it a sniff. Trailer looked pretty good, but to be honest I am more excited about Battlefront 3 at this point and I haven't seen anything from that game.

the most logical reason master chief has a cloak on is because his armor is broken. If you look at Chief's visor, you can see that it is cracked, so that probably means his armor is destroyed too. The chip in Master Chief's hand is cortana'. Thats all I I got out of this teaser.

as for gameplay I hope its like halo 1 2 and 3 combined with a few different and new features, but not enough to make it feel like its not halo.